Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0148

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition we look back at the Storm game and assess what worked and what didn’t work for the Wests Tigers.

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0148/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Ray is a smart man..

Here's one that was missed if Gildart passes to Seyfarth when Welsh went down instead of kicking it Seyfarth scores..Stupid Brooks...

P.S. dropping the football cold (Leilua). has nothing to do with fatigue..

ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Also on the interchange..

You only have 8.. 1 is generally kept as injury cover so the 4th bench player gets minimal minutes across all teams ..it's not unusual for the 4th player to get 10mins or less..

If you are wanting 2 swap out both back rowers you are doing it wrong...sure those we have can't go 80 so you can't spell them and bring them back..doesn't work..once off your off if that's what you want to do

Twal is our big minute middle but for some unknown reason played the least minutes of the starting players..didn't play the last trial..I suspect there may be a niggle there somewhere..

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

The Storms DNA is to cheat and get away with as much as possible. I lost my voice screaming at the ref to give us a penalty for the storm laying on our players, slowing the play the ball. At one point I counted 5 or 6 seconds, still nothing. We lay on them for 2 seconds and penalty. Disgraceful and biased refereeing. I am not using it as an excuse of why we lost, that was covered well in the pod. It just bugs me how one sided the refereeing is against us.

LoganR21, Joel Helmes, Eastiemagpie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

The Storms DNA is to cheat and get away with as much as possible. I lost my voice screaming at the ref to give us a penalty for the storm laying on our players, slowing the play the ball. At one point I counted 5 or 6 seconds, still nothing. We lay on them for 2 seconds and penalty. Disgraceful and biased referring. I am not using it as an excuse of why we lost, that was covered well in the pod. It just bugs me how one sided the referring is against us.

That's cause Suttooon Jnr is still doing his apprenticeship ..

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

The Storms DNA is to cheat and get away with as much as possible. I lost my voice screaming at the ref to give us a penalty for the storm laying on our players, slowing the play the ball. At one point I counted 5 or 6 seconds, still nothing. We lay on them for 2 seconds and penalty. Disgraceful and biased referring. I am not using it as an excuse of why we lost, that was covered well in the pod. It just bugs me how one sided the referring is against us.

Lol, I think I referred to the Storm being cheats when I compared them to Steve.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @geo-2

Also on the interchange..

You only have 8.. 1 is generally kept as injury cover so the 4th bench player gets minimal minutes across all teams ..it's not unusual for the 4th player to get 10mins or less..

If you are wanting 2 swap out both back rowers you are doing it wrong...sure those we have can't go 80 so you can't spell them and bring them back..doesn't work..once off your off if that's what you want to do

Twal is our big minute middle but for some unknown reason played the least minutes of the starting players..didn't play the last trial..I suspect there may be a niggle there somewhere..

I probably wouldn't be looking at getting both backrowers back on, I could have been clearer on that on the pod, but I would like to have one of them back out there in the final 20 minutes. Garner and Seyfarth simply do not provide enough impact. Ideally you have a backrower that can play 80 minutes and that is a big weakness in our squad.

Geo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Cheers Boys,That was a really conclusive and enjoyable wash up of a match that was there for the taking,and if Kenny M 

grounds that ball we would’ve been hard to stop.Great podcast!

Just have to agree with Garry re Luciano.He Just has to be used more judiciously and impactfully and is someone who should be playing the final minutes.And,as he alluded to we’ve seen enough of Luciano to realise he’s less effective as an 80 minute man.

Hope that this post match appraisal  is a regular inclusion as it opened my eyes with some great insights.

Was surprised that you were all so highly restrained re Sutton.

My closest neighbour,200 metres away,got to hear plenty of profanities in the last 20.Footy’s back!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Cheers Boys,That was a really conclusive and enjoyable wash up of a match that was there for the taking,and if Kenny M 

Just have to agree with Garry re Luciano.He Just has to be used more judiciously and impactfully and is someone who should be playing the final minutes.And,as he alluded to we’ve seen enough of Luciano to realise he’s less effective as an 80 minute man.

Hope that this post match appraisal  is a regular inclusion as it opened my eyes with some great insights.

My closest neighbour,200 metres away,got to hear plenty of profanities in the last 20.Footy’s back!

I am not someone that likes to discuss the impacts of the ref but did think he let the storm spend too much time in the ruck in the final 20 mins.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Yes it will be a weekly show analysing the game, we also have our live Wests Tigers Radio broadcast about 15 mins after each game that gives immediate reactions to the game. A couple of the boys do get highly emotional after the game so I think that is a must listen as well.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

The Storms DNA is to cheat and get away with as much as possible. I lost my voice screaming at the ref to give us a penalty for the storm laying on our players, slowing the play the ball. At one point I counted 5 or 6 seconds, still nothing. We lay on them for 2 seconds and penalty. Disgraceful and biased refereeing. I am not using it as an excuse of why we lost, that was covered well in the pod. It just bugs me how one sided the refereeing is against us.

Thank God!! Someone who is on my wavelength. Storm were absolutely favoured. Better teams always are. It’s because refs are bloody scared due to the scrutiny and subconsciously favour the team that is supposed to win. It’s human nature. They need to grow a set.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Thank God!! Someone who is on my wavelength. Storm were absolutely favoured. Better teams always are. It’s because refs are bloody scared due to the scrutiny and subconsciously favour the team that is supposed to win. It’s human nature. They need to grow a set.

You and the Storm do have a lot in common Steve.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Yes it will be a weekly show analysing the game, we also have our live Wests Tigers Radio broadcast about 15 mins after each game that gives immediate reactions to the game. A couple of the boys do get highly emotional after the game so I think that is a must listen as well.

That’s why I was giving you blokes the thumbs up on the podcast because it was measured,and had allowed for the emotional dust to settle.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Just watching a replay. In the first 5 minutes (I've started screaming at the TV already).

1) We make it down to the Storm try line (4 minutes in). Last tackle and Twal plays the ball 3 meters out. I counted at least 3 Storm players (who are not the markers) standing in the field of play (offside) when Twal plays the ball, including Meaney who races up and tackles Hastings as he is getting the ball. No Penalty.

2) 5 minute mark... Storm bomb and Nofo takes it for 7 tackle set. Nofo races to the 20 meter line. At least 2 storm players are in front of the 30 Meter line (offside) when Nofo taps the ball, including No. 12 who assists in the tackle of Nofo. No Penalty.

As well as laying all over players and throat choke holds, this is the crap that the Storm get away with week after week. It's in their DNA to cheat because they get away with it.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just watching a replay. In the first 5 minutes (I've started screaming at the TV already).

1) We make it down to the Storm try line (4 minutes in). Last tackle and Twal plays the ball 3 meters out. I counted at least 3 Storm players (who are not the markers) standing in the field of play (offside) when Twal plays the ball, including Meaney who races up and tackles Hastings as he is getting the ball. No Penalty.

2) 5 minute mark... Storm bomb and Nofo takes it for 7 tackle set. Nofo races to the 20 meter line. At least 2 storm players are in front of the 30 Meter line (offside) when Nofo taps the ball, including No. 12 who assists in the tackle of Nofo. No Penalty.

As well as laying all over players and throat choke holds, this is the crap that the Storm get away with week after week. It's in their DNA to cheat because they get away with it.

Refereeing of the ruck was atrocious. We could not get away with 10% of what Melbourne got away with.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: