Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0283

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Finally, a victory edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast, on Edition 283 Eddie is join by Declan and Garry to discuss the game at Commbank Stadium on Saturday afternoon and all the going on around the club in what was another drama filled week.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0283 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0283

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike reacted
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry just on the whole assistant coach, white ant thing , 

I think you have to put the best assistant coaches in place behind Benji that you can. 
And with that , the best ones are always going to be ambitious. 
You need to foster a culture Ala Wayne Bennett , where assistants know that if they come here , that this is a job to use as a stepping stone . 
You can’t do what Madge did and surround yourself with guys who have never been an assistant ever again . Guys who feel lucky just to be an assistant. That’s not conducive to a winning culture either . 
What you can’t do , is have guys who actively white ant eg. Payten when he was here . Even though he’s proven to have been 💯 right , and history is extremely kind to Todd in relation to his white anting. 
I guess you have to find guys who are ambitious , skilled and have integrity. The key point in that is integrity . 
You can’t hire these career assistants who just put out the cones and not much else . We might as sack Benji now and be done with it if that’s the case . 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@garry in saying all of the above , I’d keep Furner , even though the rumour is he can be a grumpy old bugger , and has put Robbie offside . (Probably not even a thing , just strong personalities clashing). Because he offers something even though he’s probably not angling for a first grade gig . 
I think Furner , Robbie , Morris and Benji is about as good of a lineup as you would want in a support staff for Benji . 
because as ambitious as Morris is , he’s an even bigger stand up guy apparently . Exactly what I’m talking about . 

This post was modified 9 months ago by Garry

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lestronge

@garry in saying all of the above , I’d keep Furner , even though the rumour is he can be a grumpy old bugger , and has put Robbie offside . (Probably not even a thing , just strong personalities clashing). Because he offers something even though he’s probably not angling for a first grade gig . 
I think Furner , Robbie , Morris and Benji is about as good of a lineup as you would want in a support staff for Benji . 
because as ambitious as Morris is , he’s an even bigger stand up guy apparently . Exactly what I’m talking about . 

Funer is definitely good value and doing a pretty good job as defensive coach. I’d keep him. I agree, Morris is probably the type to bring on to support Benji. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

I think Sezer will be our starting 7 … the other two can sort out the 6. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry just on the whole assistant coach, white ant thing , 

I think you have to put the best assistant coaches in place behind Benji that you can. 
And with that , the best ones are always going to be ambitious. 
You need to foster a culture Ala Wayne Bennett , where assistants know that if they come here , that this is a job to use as a stepping stone . 
You can’t do what Madge did and surround yourself with guys who have never been an assistant ever again . Guys who feel lucky just to be an assistant. That’s not conducive to a winning culture either . 
What you can’t do , is have guys who actively white ant eg. Payten when he was here . Even though he’s proven to have been 💯 right , and history is extremely kind to Todd in relation to his white anting. 
I guess you have to find guys who are ambitious , skilled and have integrity. The key point in that is integrity . 
You can’t hire these career assistants who just put out the cones and not much else . We might as sack Benji now and be done with it if that’s the case . 

Yeah mate, I agree with this fully. I just don't trust our leadership to set up that environment.

An environment where people develop and move on to bigger and better roles is a really positive workplace environment. Does that sound like Wests Tigers though?

MickeyB and lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

An environment where people develop and move on to bigger and better roles is a really positive workplace environment. Does that sound like Wests Tigers though?

No

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Just wanted to put out some love for Alex Seyfarth. The try he scored was pure desire, grit, and determination. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

Just wanted to put out some love for Alex Seyfarth. The try he scored was pure desire, grit, and determination. 

Agreed, along with Twal (sorry @Avo, I couldnt help myself), one of the players who has significantly improved this year.

Mike and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@garry lol there’s not many places I’ve experienced it does sound like . 
Mira a bit of a pipe dream for most business . 
But you never know .

Maybe if we get a CEO who everyone respects . 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry lol there’s not many places I’ve experienced it does sound like . 
Mira a bit of a pipe dream for most business . 
But you never know .

Maybe if we get a CEO who everyone respects . 

Yeah, I do have to say that I spent the majority of my career in Education so I probably have a slightly different perspective. One of my major goals as a leader was to develop future leaders, be that in my school or in other schools. I still carry that with me to this day.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @loganr21

hopefully by midway point the real talent in Sullivan and fainu have been in form and getting a place in the halves. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @loganr21

hopefully by midway point the real talent in Sullivan and fainu have been in form and getting a place in the halves. 

I guess we don’t agree on this aspect then 🤷‍♂️

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Another great podcasts guys

But it was a bit rough to say the players gave up playing for madge in the 2nd half of 2022 - when he was sacked midway in that year 😉

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @frullens

Another great podcasts guys

But it was a bit rough to say the players gave up playing for madge in the 2nd half of 2022 - when he was sacked midway in that year 😉

lol 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: