Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Man of the Match Trial 2

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Vote below for the Wests Tigers Podcast Man of the Match for the 2nd trial.

https://forms.gle/XgoVGqU47NQBYEDM8

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

(@helmesy)

3. Galvin

2. Pole

1. Simpkin

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

3. The Bus Driver

2. The bloke in the red had at the Gate

1. Peter Moussa the Physio.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

3. Galvin

2. Sezer

1. Bula

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

3) Galvin

2) Steff

1) Bula

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

3. Stef

2. Galvin

1. Pole

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Man of the Match Trial 2

Man of the Match

This post was modified 2 months ago by Garry

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @garry

Man of the Match Trial 2

-- attachment is not available --

Sure it was just a trial, and he Bradbury'ed it to an extent due to everyone else being poor.....but its a hell of an effort for an 18yo kid to be voted MoM by fans in his first hit out in first grade company.

I consider myself lucky to have been at the first grade debut of Benny Elias and Sirro for Balmain (separate games) and in both of those games it was clear that they players were a step above and destined for greatness. This was NOT that, but even for an old cynic like me it showed that this kid belongs in first grade and will make the transition successfully.

Looking forward to seeing this kids career play out and hope the club make all the right decisions for him and the club.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

Man of the Match Trial 2

Sure it was just a trial, and he Bradbury'ed it to an extent due to everyone else being poor.....but its a hell of an effort for an 18yo kid to be voted MoM by fans in his first hit out in first grade company.

I consider myself lucky to have been at the first grade debut of Benny Elias and Sirro for Balmain (separate games) and in both of those games it was clear that they players were a step above and destined for greatness. This was NOT that, but even for an old cynic like me it showed that this kid belongs in first grade and will make the transition successfully.

Looking forward to seeing this kids career play out and hope the club make all the right decisions for him and the club.

Would you play him Round 2?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @tiger5150

Man of the Match Trial 2

My instinct is not to. I just think its too tough an environment to drop a kid into to start his career, in the spine in a team that is staring down the barrel of a third straight spoon. If we were a stronger team or club I would, but my gut tells me to hold him back.

Having said that, if its a choice of him or Sullivan, at this stage, based purely on trial form, Im picking Galvin.

Personally, I have been pinning all my hopes for the number 6 jersey on Latu anyway. Maybe he drops in from nowhere for the job.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I’d play him. I want the best available playing every week. Sezer/Glavin is the best combination I’ve seen in the two trials. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Sure as hell the man of the match in Trial 2 was not Benji Marshall. Despite the pics that show him at training like he is a player. WTF?

But, who is the man most under pressure from Trial 2??

Benji Marshall. IMO.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Sure as hell the man of the match in Trial 2 was not Benji Marshall. Despite the pics that show him at training like he is a player. WTF?

But, who is the man most under pressure from Trial 2??

Benji Marshall. IMO.

I would love to argue with that but I can't.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: