Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Man of the Match Round 9

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Vote below for the Wests Tigers Podcast Man of the Match for Round 9. All vote contribute to the Geoff Chisholm Player of the Year Award.

https://forms.gle/1HUiJYo1LwWYH6EE8

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

What a great effort.

Brooks and Wakeham nearly perfect wet weather halves play, welcome back Noffa and a special mention to all the middles tonight. Oh, I think shifty might have played a hand in it all too.

Special shout out to Suzie-Q and Bt who lives in Bathurst and couldn't go because he's sick, get better ol mate...go the tigers

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Not sure if he gets a point because I have some others ahead of him, but kudos to noffa for a cracking game tonight. I’ve laid into him for a fair while now but he had some great carries in tough conditions tonight and even more impressive was his attitude. Even when he got his 100th try he kept the strut in his back pocket and celebrated as part of a team.

Frullens and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Our forwards were awesome, Api had a great game and Brooks kicking was terrific. 

3. Brooks

2. Api

1. Bula

Nofo played pretty well congrats on then100 try

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Brooks, Bula and Klem.

I found it hard to give the points to Brooks but he deserved it tonight. I hope he backs it up next week.

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

3. Bula

2. Api 

1.Big Stefano 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger yep, in nutshell brother.

I said it a posts  a few days ago that the day big Stefano winds up and has a big run will be when we move forward literally. Every top club has a go forward man, Haas~Broncos, Fafita ~ Gold Coast JFH~Panthers JWH~Roosters and so on. Tigers have a beauty in the making in Stefano. Mate get to the back fence and steam onto the ball at the 15m mark and 'TRY' time. Same with you Alex, don't run so upright and smash into the D

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I found it hard to give the points to Brooks but he deserved it tonight.

Brother he helped us win tonight, you shouldn't feel bad even though you might want him gone.

He's with us atm and there really isn't anything out there to replace him. Until he is replaced we should embrace and support the dude...what do you reckon?

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @crowsnest

Brother he helped us win tonight, you shouldn't feel bad even though you might want him gone.

He's with us atm and there really isn't anything out there to replace him. Until he is replaced we should embrace and support the dude...what do you reckon?

I have been critical of Brooks’ kicking game for years but last night was the best I have seen him kick. Well done to him, credit where credit is due.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

I have been critical of Brooks’ kicking game for years but last night was the best I have seen him kick. Well done to him, credit where credit is due.

Lets hope that the penny has dropped for his and our sakes

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

I went Brooks Bula Twal

Alex has really lifted his last 2 especially offensively.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Brooks Bula & Klemmer for me. Makes me realise how different this team is to previous teams. I still think this team is potentially our best ever as ridiculous as that sounds.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Brooks Bula and Klemmer for me too. hard to choose though, so many great performances.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I loved the long roost that went dead right at the end. Just a small thing, but a really smart play. Something that Cronk or Reynolds would get 10 mins of praise for from a fawning commentator. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I loved the long roost that went dead right at the end. Just a small thing, but a really smart play. Something that Cronk or Reynolds would get 10 mins of praise for from a fawning commentator. 

There was another small moment that I picked up which made me really happy and gave me some hope. After Brooks first 40/20 he kicked the camera zoomed in on Klemmer and Brooks and Klemmer turn to Brooks and for some reason I was expecting Klemmer to be congratulating Brooks and pumping him up, but instead Brooks was yelling at him and pointing to where he wanted Klemmer to get to and Klem just nodded and a couple of play later was jamming up under the sticks. Repeat set then Wakeham scores.

I know its ridiculous after ten years but was good to see Brooks with the confidence pushing Klem and the obvious respect in Klem listening.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: