WTs 2023 Pre-season...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WTs 2023 Pre-season Training

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mercy-rule he played over 300 first grade games with limited injuries. He’d definitely be able to bring his experience around fitness, professionalism and looking after your body to his role. 

A NSW cup assistant coach is a minor role and would be more testing the waters in a coaching world than bringing the boys back together. I have no concerns with this appointment but can see the potential for issues. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tigerlily looking fit but really needs to use his size if he’s going to make it. From watching him I feel he lacks the aggression needed to make it. Feels like he’s going through the motions a lot of the time.

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@tigerlily looking fit but really needs to use his size if he’s going to make it. From watching him I feel he lacks the aggression needed to make it. Feels like he’s going through the motions a lot of the time.

I think his outlook has definitely change under the new coaching regime. You just have to see how his body shape has change from previous seasons.

I think maybe his confidence took a dive under Madge when told to move on. There’s no doubt he has talent he just needs to put in the hard yards and show the coaching staff that he really wants it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tigerlily I hope you’re right. When he first came he looked raw but very promising but never kicked on and even went backwards. Sheens is good at nurturing young talent so if his confidence has improved he could start hitting the line hard. So many questions this year it’ll be exciting to watch the pack develop

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@tigerlily I hope you’re right. When he first came he looked raw but very promising but never kicked on and even went backwards. Sheens is good at nurturing young talent so if his confidence has improved he could start hitting the line hard. So many questions this year it’ll be exciting to watch the pack develop

Can you give us some examples, perhaps within the last 10 years, of how Sheens "is good at nurturing young talent"?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

Can you give us some examples, perhaps within the last 10 years, of how Sheens "is good at nurturing young talent"?

considering he hasn’t been in the NRL for the last 10 years I can’t for the timeframe. However, I know a player who debuted in 2004 under Sheens and has spoken highly of how he helped him as a young player coming through. 

In terms of Tuki I’m more on the side that he won’t make it but will be happy to be proven wrong. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigerlily

https://twitter.com/weststigers/status/1613074886272094208?s=61&t=rv0ypf7YttJ7p4cEl_VVfw

interesting in that video that it looks like Benji is running a through plays. Appears a little as if he is struggling to move from player to coach. I get that he needs to give examples of what he wants but if he’s in the middle of a play with everyone it’s hard to convey that properly. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

https://twitter.com/weststigers/status/1613074886272094208?s=61&t=rv0ypf7YttJ7p4cEl_VVfw

Some interesting stuff in that video...

Simpkin in the halves.

A couple of nice touches from Tuki

Staines at FB

Papi on the left

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wt2040)
Wests Tigers Supporter

interesting in that video that it looks like Benji is running a through plays. Appears a little as if he is struggling to move from player to coach. I get that he needs to give examples of what he wants but if he’s in the middle of a play with everyone it’s hard to convey that properly. 

probably cause both Luke and Adam were not at training today?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Some interesting stuff in that video...

Simpkin in the halves.

A couple of nice touches from Tuki

Staines at FB

Papi on the left

Papi hit some nice holes, Matamua looking like a ball playing lock.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @wt2040

probably cause both Luke and Adam were not at training today?

okay fair enough, didn’t realise that 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Looking slick. I like getting guys to be adaptable and play in two different positions. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

The boys look better prepared physically than the last couple of years.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share: