Which position do w...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Which position do we need to strengthen for 2023?

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We’ve got Api and Papapli’i (hooker and a back rower) locked as 2023 acquisitions, what other positions do you think the club should target in recruitment in next few months?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Garry
(@garry)

Yes, I'm winning.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

We need more utilities ....

Seriously though 3 and 4 , 7 , 8 

Should win you a motza in the First 4 at Wyong Race 5

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

We need more utilities ....

Seriously though 3 and 4 , 7 , 8 

Should win you a motza in the First 4 at Wyong Race 5

Mate, you forgot 5, 11, and 12

ReplyQuote
 earl
(@earl)
Junior Pathways

I voted backrow but it's hard to tell. I reckon the centre position could be okay. Wingers could be an issue at some point. I think Nofo and Big Ken are fine atm but they are both big and slow and at some point we need to replace them.

In the centres we have Gildart, To'a, Tupou, Talau, Kepaoa & potentially someone like Ogden. We also have JTJ but I figure he will be past it soon. Doueihi could also come back into the centres.

The halves may also be an issue.

I think we have to see how players perform this year.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @earl

I voted backrow but it's hard to tell. I reckon the centre position could be okay. Wingers could be an issue at some point. I think Nofo and Big Ken are fine atm but they are both big and slow and at some point we need to replace them.

In the centres we have Gildart, To'a, Tupou, Talau, Kepaoa & potentially someone like Ogden. We also have JTJ but I figure he will be past it soon. Doueihi could also come back into the centres.

The halves may also be an issue.

I think we have to see how players perform this year.

I'm not too worried about backrow because I think Blore will be good this year and Papali'i is a fantastic signing. Tuilagi also looks to have some potential. My main concerns are in the backline. Brooks was pretty terrible last year and Hastings is unproven (although i'm hoping he absolutely kills it). Laurie is good but our 2-5 is a worry, with the exception maybe of Ken.

I'm hoping Toa and Tupou become good signings...

Joel Helmes and earl reacted
ReplyQuote
(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways

I guess we need to target any player that is much better than the player we have now right across 1 thru 17. For me great sides have great backrowers. They do more work in both attack and defence than any other player. Papali will help but talk he wants to play in the middle and Blore looks good but we need a standout in the mould of Cordner or Yeo.

Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @super-coach

I guess we need to target any player that is much better than the player we have now right across 1 thru 17. For me great sides have great backrowers. They do more work in both attack and defence than any other player. Papali will help but talk he wants to play in the middle and Blore looks good but we need a standout in the mould of Cordner or Yeo.

I think Blore will be that player. 

Joel Helmes and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

Centres. Largely based on the fact that we have next to none and I am not aware on anyone coming as a signing or through the lower grades.

Backrow was a weak spot, but we have a signing already and the 3 development players are all backrowers.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

3, 4 & 13. Peachey will play in the Centres as depth is non existent, otherwise he’d be lock where we are also thin. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

I voted backrow as i think we need at least 1 more. Papalli will be great but Blore is still to prove himself, Tuilagi is 24 and only a couple of games into his career, Garner never really established himself. 

The other area for me is Prop. We have Stefano and Twal but we are also loosing Tamou, possibly loosing Mikelle and they are 2 of our top 4 props. We have options and some good young ones coming throgh but we need to replace 2 props possibly 

Garry, Joel Helmes, super coach and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

1-30...

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @geo-2

1-30...

Buying Hyundai's isn't going to help ......they don't even sponsor us anymore .....@Garry I told you so .....numbskull .....back to 1/10 

ReplyQuote
Share: