Positive Vibes for ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Positive Vibes for 2022

(@super-coach)
Junior Pathways
Topic starter  

With the cricket season basically done and dusted and the tennis over, the media starts to crank up the NRL fluff. Both from within the club and from outside the club the media so far has been positive. Okay big Stef signing was massive in the positive stakes, but really when you stack our top 30 up against every other club it’s very hard to see many teams behind us. I know 2023 things are certainly brighter, but 2022 is going to take one hell of a effort to get near the eight.

Not saying it is impossible, never say never, and with a revamped coaching team who knows…but for me I just want to see a team willing to have a dig and willing to defend when the going gets tuff. Last year more than any other year left a very bad memory 

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @super-coach

With the cricket season basically done and dusted and the tennis over, the media starts to crank up the NRL fluff. Both from within the club and from outside the club the media so far has been positive. Okay big Stef signing was massive in the positive stakes, but really when you stack our top 30 up against every other club it’s very hard to see many teams behind us. I know 2023 things are certainly brighter, but 2022 is going to take one hell of a effort to get near the eight.

Not saying it is impossible, never say never, and with a revamped coaching team who knows…but for me I just want to see a team willing to have a dig and willing to defend when the going gets tuff. Last year more than any other year left a very bad memory 

Well said. Hopefully we’re better prepared for the rules of the modern game and have strategies and game plans to give us the best chance of success.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

super coach reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Yep as long as they show up every week and we don't see the Melbourne at Redcliffe performances ...I can live with that in 2022

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

Yep as long as they show up every week and we don't see the Melbourne at Redcliffe performances ...I can live with that in 2022

Now that we have locked up Stefano I am willing to give a bit more breathing space. If I see a team that is committed, with improved defensive structures then I am willing to wait till next year for that top 8 spot. We have to make progress this year though.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

Now that we have locked up Stefano I am willing to give a bit more breathing space. If I see a team that is committed, with improved defensive structures then I am willing to wait till next year for that top 8 spot. We have to make progress this year though.

Progress table wise or progress performance wise 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Progress table wise or progress performance wise 

Performance and player development wise.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike and Unhappy Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

That's big of you..

Premiership or bust for me... no more waiting..

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

Imagine a comp where half the teams make the playoffs. Bog average teams make it.

Imagine again knowing deep down your team can't make it. So you have to look for other things to excite you for the year. Some people even come up with players trying each week (surely this is the bear minimum anyone could expect?)

Imagine anyone else except a wests tigers fan thinking like this.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: