Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers 2024 Jersey

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Perhaps we will be chosen to carry an anti gambling message on the Jersey... "Wests Tigers - You'll probably lose." 😆 

Well…you can always back the opposition too for easy money 😂

Betfair would suit the tigers

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigersteve

If people (adults) want to drink, gamble, smoke etc - let ‘em! Jesus - getting governments and politicians to be the arbitrators of how to lead a good life is a scary proposition!

Whilst Im a small government libertarian and agree with the principle of the govt staying out of people lives, the govt has a right to try to limit smoking and drinking whilst they are paying the medical bills. If you want to smoke and drink excsssively you should be able to....if you pay full freight for medical treatment (minus medicare and subsidies),

Individuals can do what they like as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else. However businesses need regulation. Uncontrolled capitalism is a danger to all of us. Unconditional advertising of gambling falls into this category IMO and needs to be much more tightly controlled. The barrage of gambling advertisements in sport needs to stop. The sooner this happens the better off we will all be. People can still gamble if they so wish, none of my business. Extreme advertising of gambling is. 

you want to regulate advertising based on how much money a company makes?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

If people (adults) want to drink, gamble, smoke etc - let ‘em! Jesus - getting governments and politicians to be the arbitrators of how to lead a good life is a scary proposition!

Whilst Im a small government libertarian and agree with the principle of the govt staying out of people lives, the govt has a right to try to limit smoking and drinking whilst they are paying the medical bills. If you want to smoke and drink excsssively you should be able to....if you pay full freight for medical treatment (minus medicare and subsidies),

Individuals can do what they like as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else. However businesses need regulation. Uncontrolled capitalism is a danger to all of us. Unconditional advertising of gambling falls into this category IMO and needs to be much more tightly controlled. The barrage of gambling advertisements in sport needs to stop. The sooner this happens the better off we will all be. People can still gamble if they so wish, none of my business. Extreme advertising of gambling is. 

I want to regulate advertising based on how much damage it does to society. Don’t really care how much money the company makes, as long as that in doing so is not detrimental to society. I also want companies to pay their fair share of tax as well. Does that clear things up for you?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I want to regulate advertising based on how much damage it does to society. Don’t really care how much money the company makes, as long as that in doing so is not detrimental to society. I also want companies to pay their fair share of tax as well. Does that clear things up for you?

Yeah sure, so back to close the circle with tobacco & alcohol advertising

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: