Wests Tigers 2022 ladder position poll

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @unhappy-tiger
Posted by: @cqtiger

I hark on about improving our defence every year before the season starts. With Madge in charge we are going backwards but our defensive structure looked better against the Roosters in the last trial.

A caveat to that is it was pouring rain and our goal line defense, especially early, was terrible. Have the new assistants been able to improve our defense? Time will tell.

I voted 13th but as Garry, Declan and Steve say on the pod, will it be a good 13th or a poor 13th? Haha

Assistant Cayless I hope you are our best buy of 2022

From what a saw we are still prone to panic when defending our line and this leads to bad decisions. Overall I thought our defence was much better against the Roosters, better line speed, better 1st contact and stiffer through the middle. This allowed our middle to stay intact and not collapse allowing the outside back to stay in position, stay on their man and keeping them from having to make rushed decisions. We need to see if this holds up over the 1st month of the competition before I'll start to believe there are improvements being made.

That wasn't a great Roosters side ...the bloke who organizes their defence was out along with 2 of their other spineless  ...the tries they did score were so simple 

We will get a better picture late Sunday afternoon 

I agree, but we did hold up much better in the middle. Although it means absolute nothing if we don't stand up this weekend.

And the week after that, and the week after that, and the week after that......

This is still a very young team missing some quality, so I still expect there will be some games where they drop the ball

But overall I'm expecting a consistent effort in defence this year. By the sounds of it Cayless has made the defensive structures very simple for each player, and each player will be held accountable for their defensive job

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

I hark on about improving our defence every year before the season starts. With Madge in charge we are going backwards but our defensive structure looked better against the Roosters in the last trial.

A caveat to that is it was pouring rain and our goal line defense, especially early, was terrible. Have the new assistants been able to improve our defense? Time will tell.

I voted 13th but as Garry, Declan and Steve say on the pod, will it be a good 13th or a poor 13th? Haha

From what a saw we are still prone to panic when defending our line and this leads to bad decisions. Overall I thought our defence was much better against the Roosters, better line speed, better 1st contact and stiffer through the middle. This allowed our middle to stay intact and not collapse allowing the outside back to stay in position, stay on their man and keeping them from having to make rushed decisions. We need to see if this holds up over the 1st month of the competition before I'll start to believe there are improvements being made.

That wasn't a great Roosters side ...the bloke who organizes their defence was out along with 2 of their other spineless  ...the tries they did score were so simple 

I agree, but we did hold up much better in the middle. Although it means absolute nothing if we don't stand up this weekend.

And the week after that, and the week after that, and the week after that......

This is still a very young team missing some quality, so I still expect there will be some games where they drop the ball

But overall I'm expecting a consistent effort in defence this year. By the sounds of it Cayless has made the defensive structures very simple for each player, and each player will be held accountable for their defensive job

We need to improve in our collective decision making as well, having a group of players all reacting together and not just doing their own individual thing.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Roosters completion rate must have been sub 70 % .....

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

The chicken or the egg mate?

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

The chicken or the egg mate?

Egg ....Lizard hatched from egg ..grew feathers ... 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

@unhappy-tiger lol

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Everyone is blowing smoke up the Dragons butts ......talking Top 8 .....can't be serious ....they are around our level at best 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

At this time of year I’m usually optimistic about our chances, but for some reason, I’m not feeling it this year. Could be a good sign.

Garry and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

At this time of year I’m usually optimistic about our chances, but for some reason, I’m not feeling it this year. Could be a good sign.

On paper the only clubs I think we are a chance of finishing above are Cowboys and at a pinch Knights

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @eastiemagpie

On paper the only clubs I think we are a chance of finishing above are Cowboys and at a pinch Knights

Im still not convinced about the Dragons, dogs and Broncos as well.

ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

I think that we will be lucky to avoid the spoon. Limited depth already being called upon due to injuries, not a great amount of skill in key positions & a complete lack of explosiveness.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think we've moved on dead wood and replaced it with better options eg Peachy and positive changes in the coaches. So I've gone for a slight improvement, 10th.

But it will depend on how our 2nd half of season goes when all troops are on deck (hopefully) and positions are settled. Things might get ugly in the 1st half of season so hopefully team morale hasn't been broken before we can be at our best.

Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Head Vote : 11th to 15th

Heart Vote : 8th....

I can't see us getting to the 8 with this squad, we have had much stronger squads that didnt make it. 

Im getting sad thinking about it lol.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: