Wests Tigers 2022 l...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers 2022 ladder position poll

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On the latest edition of the podcast we made our predictions on where the Tigers will finish on the ladder after the regular season. We ranged from 8th to 15th.

Where do you reckon we end up?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tigerstu
(@tigerstu)
Junior Pathways

It's so hard not to vote with your head instead of your heart. But last week's trial has given me true hope and of they play out of their skins... Can achieve to break our finals drought 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

If Brooks is still there midway through the season 15th, otherwise 7th. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jerry)
Wests Tigers Supporter

13th for me. I don’t think our squad has improved a great deal from last year. Hastings is an exciting addition  but with Doueihi out as long as he is I can’t see us improving up the ladder. I hope the boys prove me wrong!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’ve gone 11th but I think we can do better if our edge defends well. We have the forwards and good finishers but we have to DEFEND to get higher than 11th I reckon

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @loganr21

I’ve gone 11th but I think we can do better if our edge defends well. We have the forwards and good finishers but we have to DEFEND to get higher than 11th I reckon

Completely agree. In 2018-19 we defended well (generally) and got close to the finals. 2020-21 our defence was poor and this soured any chance of really threatening. Hopefully Cayless has this sorted 🙏

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @loganr21

Completely agree. In 2018-19 we defended well (generally) and got close to the finals. 2020-21 our defence was poor and this soured any chance of really threatening. Hopefully Cayless has this sorted 🙏

As Richie Benaud use to say ‘it’s a simple game’ Defence will define our season I reckon.

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

If we had everyone available RD 1 top 10 ......14th for me 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Where is the Undefeated Minor Premiers and eventual Premiers option..

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @geo-2

Where is the Undefeated Minor Premiers and eventual Premiers option..

Long after they have buried our old asses old mate ...our great great great grandkids might see it 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @mike

If Brooks is still there midway through the season 15th, otherwise 7th. 

Brooks was at Midway wasn't he ....where he met @geo ...thats the problem 

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

I hark on about improving our defence every year before the season starts. With Madge in charge we are going backwards but our defensive structure looked better against the Roosters in the last trial.

A caveat to that is it was pouring rain and our goal line defense, especially early, was terrible. Have the new assistants been able to improve our defense? Time will tell.

I voted 13th but as Garry, Declan and Steve say on the pod, will it be a good 13th or a poor 13th? Haha

Assistant Cayless I hope you are our best buy of 2022

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @cqtiger

I hark on about improving our defence every year before the season starts. With Madge in charge we are going backwards but our defensive structure looked better against the Roosters in the last trial.

A caveat to that is it was pouring rain and our goal line defense, especially early, was terrible. Have the new assistants been able to improve our defense? Time will tell.

I voted 13th but as Garry, Declan and Steve say on the pod, will it be a good 13th or a poor 13th? Haha

From what a saw we are still prone to panic when defending our line and this leads to bad decisions. Overall I thought our defence was much better against the Roosters, better line speed, better 1st contact and stiffer through the middle. This allowed our middle to stay intact and not collapse allowing the outside back to stay in position, stay on their man and keeping them from having to make rushed decisions. We need to see if this holds up over the 1st month of the competition before I'll start to believe there are improvements being made.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

From what a saw we are still prone to panic when defending our line and this leads to bad decisions. Overall I thought our defence was much better against the Roosters, better line speed, better 1st contact and stiffer through the middle. This allowed our middle to stay intact and not collapse allowing the outside back to stay in position, stay on their man and keeping them from having to make rushed decisions. We need to see if this holds up over the 1st month of the competition before I'll start to believe there are improvements being made.

That wasn't a great Roosters side ...the bloke who organizes their defence was out along with 2 of their other spineless  ...the tries they did score were so simple 

We will get a better picture late Sunday afternoon 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger
Posted by: @garry

That wasn't a great Roosters side ...the bloke who organizes their defence was out along with 2 of their other spineless  ...the tries they did score were so simple 

We will get a better picture late Sunday afternoon 

I agree, but we did hold up much better in the middle. Although it means absolute nothing if we don't stand up this weekend.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: