Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Tamou in 2023?

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Tamou is not first grade standard anymore and should not be re-signed for any amount.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

Obviously it needs to be at the right price 

But assuming that, I voted yes for 2 reasons:

- we have a lot of spots to fill next year for forwards with LL, LG, KT,  TM all leaving, which I'd doubt  we can replace all of these positions alone, little lone if we lost Tamou well

- if we are a development club,  ideally we have some older leaders like Tamou eventually moving back to NSW Cup to mentor the up and coming players

Disagree with you here.

The fact that we have young players and need leadership is a separate issue.

We need to frame any discussion on Tamou in these terms:

- how does his performance in 2022 compare to other NRL props?

- how does his performance compare to other props with 150+ games NRL experience who may be available for 2023

I voted no for what its worth. I find him to be lacking leadership to be honest. He doesnt say much on the field and he doesn't make a lot of sense when he speaks in press conferences.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mickb
Posted by: @frullens

Obviously it needs to be at the right price 

But assuming that, I voted yes for 2 reasons:

- we have a lot of spots to fill next year for forwards with LL, LG, KT,  TM all leaving, which I'd doubt  we can replace all of these positions alone, little lone if we lost Tamou well

- if we are a development club,  ideally we have some older leaders like Tamou eventually moving back to NSW Cup to mentor the up and coming players

Disagree with you here.

The fact that we have young players and need leadership is a separate issue.

We need to frame any discussion on Tamou in these terms:

- how does his performance in 2022 compare to other NRL props?

- how does his performance compare to other props with 150+ games NRL experience who may be available for 2023

I voted no for what its worth. I find him to be lacking leadership to be honest. He doesnt say much on the field and he doesn't make a lot of sense when he speaks in press conferences.

The reason he doesn’t say too much on the field is that he’s to gassed most of the time. And yes i understand what you mean in the press conferences also. I think this is his swansong so I’m hoping he wants to go out as positive as possible. Makes it hard when we’ve lost some grunt up front, time will tell I suppose how this season ends for us. It’s going to be a mammoth task in NZ this weekend I’m guessing. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

It is mortifying to me that we are even discussing this 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: