Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I hope this isnt who Richo went to England for.....couldnt get a start at Castleford and let go. On the bench for reggies this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8mXi2SMUs4/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I could see us taking RCG on a subsidised deal for 2025 if we lose Stef for next year. 

I cant see Parra letting Reg go. IMO he is the pillar of their pack.

Wouldn't mind RCG. What about Lane?

It might not depend on who they want to move on, but who they are able to let go in order to free space in their cap.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The boys on the latest pod spoke about how the 2025 side is taking shape.

With the known recruits and departures which position do you think needs most strengthening to give us a chance to make the eight?

I think prop and a second rower personally.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

With the known recruits and departures which position do you think needs most strengthening to give us a chance to make the eight?

Lock and Centre for me. Olam is cooked. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

With an extra (and quality) Prop, Lock and Centre our chances would improve immensely.

Shame about Olam but he came to us broken and he was limping before game even started last weekend. If it wasn't Melbourne he doesn't play IMO. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

Matamua seems out of favour although I think he has potential. Priorities for me would be changing the pack quite considerably. I think outside of Pole, the other front rowers have been really disappointing. I think Klemmer is past it and declining quickly, Twal is more suited to reserve grade and Seyfarth would be better as a back up only. Essentially what i'm saying is that if Stef goes i'd like to see 3 additional front rowers + a lock. Could do with an extra backrower too.

In the backs, the only ones that look like certain starters for 25 are Turuva, Bula and probably AD. Olam looks done to me and if he's not, he will be soon. I'd be after a strike centre and another winger.

Players i'd be happy to see depart: Stef, Klemmer, Twal, Staines, Faatape, To'a, Naden, Sullivan, Casey, Feledy, Alaimalo, Porter, Tumeth, Lobb. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Matamua strikes me as the type of guy who  will really only achieve his potential when he gets moved on from the tigers and has to move outside his comfort zone and really out the effort in to fix his motor and his defensive attitude.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Agree with Avo above. We really need a starting #13, and at least one outside back in terms of our starting team. Probably a prop too depending on what happens with Stefano. 

I think we've mucked Matamua around over the last year or two with his development. He hasn't had a clearly defined path to the top gradem, hasn't really played enough football, and as a result he hasn't improved at all. Development of our fringe guys has been a massive issue for us in recent years, something that needs to be fixed ASAP with the amount of talented kids about to arrive.

From there we need depth basically across the whole team (particularly middle fwds) but at a level where they are pushing for first grade. Our depth at the moment tends to be raw teenagers, and it looks like it's only going to get worse in that sense over the next year or two. 

Richo said we had a mill spare in the 2025 cap, and up to $2m if Stefano opts out, and that's before the inevitable horse-trading that will happen over the summer. 

I'm not particularly worried about squad movement right now as very little usually happens at this time of year (outside of re-signings), but if we get to Jan 1 2025 with the same holes as we do now, I'll be hugely concerned. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

All the talk about Olam being cooked.....IMO its only been last week struggled. Before he break he looked great and undoubtably our best centre. To me its clear he was rushed back....more inexperience from Benji?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

All the talk about Olam being cooked.....IMO its only been last week struggled. Before he break he looked great and undoubtably our best centre. To me its clear he was rushed back....more inexperience from Benji?

I think it’s too early to write him off. Let’s see what he looks like in 2025 with a full offseason with us.

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Respectfully disagree. There’s a podcast with Olam from around March or April this year. He admitted that he was getting fluid drained from his knee every second week. 

The story from last summer was that Olam was told by the Storm that he needed surgery but refused. We should not have passed his medical until he had surgery?

I accept he’s played well even carrying the injury but he’s been hobbling most weeks. 

He won’t qualify for medical retirement either if we were dumb enough to sign him with a pre-existing injury. That rumour should be put to bed. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

🧐🤔is NAS leaving storm?

Screenshot 20240711 221339
This post was modified 2 months ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @frullens

🧐🤔is NAS leaving storm?

-- attachment is not available --

doubt it …and if he was to come he’d probably be busted. The way the tigers roll 🤷‍♂️

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@tiger5150 to start the year he was our best outside back by far. But I’ve noticed since then that the longer the game goes, the more he struggles. By the end of each game he looks broken. His style of play doesn’t lend well to longevity and he hasn’t been 100% for a long time.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @frullens

🧐🤔is NAS leaving storm?

Screenshot 20240711 221339

I think he means getting to play alongside Olam.

ReplyQuote
Page 993 / 1058
Share: