Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I suspect Canberra and the Dragons are "pulling out" as they've been told that there's no interest. I don't think he'll go to another bottom 8 club - it'll only be one of the big dogs. 

Important to remember that this contract is for the next 5 years. How not getting the big money to perform in July 2024, he's getting on potential. He's very young for a prop, and so it's not surprising that he's inconsistent at this stage of his career.

The first year or two will probably see the $$ outrank the performance, but by the end of the deal it will likely be the other way around as he matures (and the cap continues to increase). 

Wouldn't be surprised if Richo leans on Luai to put in a call to him, as I assume they know each other from the Samoa set up. 

I agree, why leave to go to a club which hasn’t had much success of late & where there hasn’t been a great deal of stability last five years? Also Dragons losing Lomax & their half and 9 close to the end of their career. I’d say it’s very likely he doesn’t want to leave Sydney either given young family. The offer from the Tigers is a great deal but can he be sure they’ll give him success next 5 years? He can’t obviously so he’s probably hoping Penrith came in for him or Roosters which is starting to look unlikely. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

If Stef decides to wait until November to make a decision how does it effect the Tigers planning? Surely part of the reason to allow Stef to test the market now was so the club could get on with their plans if he accepted an offer. Waiting until November might could still see Stef go but also cut down the time for the club to negotiate upgrades & potential recruits to replace Stef.

This post was modified 4 days ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @russtutty63

If Stef decides to wait until November to make a decision how does it effect the Tigers planning?

I think the idea is gentleman’s agreement they see if he can sign elsewhere now, if not satisfactory then activate1 year player option (or if not option then just continue with current contract for 1 more year) to see what becomes available for 2026. Meanwhile, from November tigers can recruit FRF replacement for 2026

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @canberratiger

With his current contract, can he take up 1 more year? 

he is still under Contract next year, but it would be on less than our new offer I assume.

I really hope he makes a long term decision and doesn't just stay for another year then bail

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

If Stef decides to wait until November to make a decision how does it effect the Tigers planning?

I think the idea is gentleman’s agreement they see if he can sign elsewhere now, if not satisfactory then activate1 year player option (or if not option then just continue with current contract for 1 more year) to see what becomes available for 2026. Meanwhile, from November tigers can recruit FRF replacement for 2026

So Tigers really want to know now if the option is going to be activated or not? Or Stef extends? Either way the club can plan upgrades etc now rather than wait. I think this is what the club wants to know as soon as possible.

This post was modified 4 days ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The Tigers’ circumstances, to me anyway, are such that it’s beneficial for them to know what Stef is going to do now rather than later. The club has roster issues and there are players to upgrade & extend, to maybe release etc and all this within a Salary Cap. They are not in the position of being able to wait as some other clubs might be. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Just saw paulo is looking at a season ending surgery for a foot injury. This surely rules him out as an option for us moving forward.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just watching the Dogs playing before heading to Leichhardt, realised that their recruiting is basically looking at players off contract who are early to mid twenties and played around that 60-120 game mark. No end of career types & no young inexperienced players as far as I can tell. Just pounce pretty quickly on these types when they become available and they believe will add to their squad. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @skippa13

Just saw paulo is looking at a season ending surgery for a foot injury. This surely rules him out as an option for us moving forward.

Keen to see Wiremu Greig get some footy over there. Think he has a bit to offer and comes off contract after next year.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

How does a mutual option work? Klemmer has a MO for 2026 and he is absolutely cooked, zero impact even off the bench and after a long mid year layoff. 

Mike and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

How does a mutual option work? Klemmer has a MO for 2026 and he is absolutely cooked, zero impact even off the bench and after a long mid year layoff. 

How bad is he? 

Howarth ran over him like he wasn't there.

The contracts of Klemmer, Bateman and Olam, 3 highly paid experienced footballers are killing us.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Both parties need to agree to take it up.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

How bad is he? 

The contracts of Klemmer, Bateman and Olam, 3 highly paid experienced footballers are killing us.

At the ground I thought Bateman had a good game, would be interested in his numbers, he ran straight.

Olam was quiet tonight but has been our best centre all year.

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

How bad is he? 

At the ground I thought Bateman had a good game, would be interested in his numbers, he ran straight.

Olam was quiet tonight but has been our best centre all year.

Olam looked to be struggling with his knee. Was moving poorly towards the end. 

Bateman gets himself caught up in too much nonsense for a senior player. The dropped ball in the second half that led to their try was him playing for a penalty 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If Stef decides to wait until November to make a decision how does it effect the Tigers planning? Surely part of the reason to allow Stef to test the market now was so the club could get on with their plans if he accepted an offer. Waiting until November might could still see Stef go but also cut down the time for the club to negotiate upgrades & potential recruits to replace Stef.

I don't think the club will wait that long to start looking at securing someone else.

ReplyQuote
Page 990 / 993
Share: