Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I love Paps but in reality we have a fitter younger version coming in Turuva. So IMO he is the legitimate second option at fullback along with Bula. Best to spend money elsewhere.

NAS, Safiti, Williams. Re-sign Aliomolo.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I would really like to hear some extensions like Pole and TDS

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @canberratiger

Me too. Between Pole and Stef i'd rather we keep Pole. I think he's overall a better player, irrespective of price.

Jedi Tiger, LoganR21, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Me too. Between Pole and Stef i'd rather we keep Pole. I think he's overall a better player, irrespective of price.

Only thing with Pole is that he’s not a leader of a pack. Don’t know whether we’ll ever have one. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @loganr21

Only thing with Pole is that he’s not a leader of a pack. Don’t know whether we’ll ever have one. 

No he's not, but nor is Stef. Would rather retain Pole and get Paulo/NAS.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @loganr21

No he's not, but nor is Stef. Would rather retain Pole and get Paulo/NAS.

100%

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

On a positive note, isnt it refreshing for Chad Townsend to be seeking a new club and the Tigers not discussed.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Paulo looks done to me, he is too heavy and it looks like his body is breaking down from it. NAS physically looks to be in better condition and he has the screw loose mentality that we have never really had. He’s not a leader though. Genuine FRF leaders are hard to find. Stef might get there but he needs to step up and take it. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Paulo looks done to me, he is too heavy and it looks like his body is breaking down from it. NAS physically looks to be in better condition and he has the screw loose mentality that we have never really had. He’s not a leader though. Genuine FRF leaders are hard to find. Stef might get there but he needs to step up and take it. 

re Paulo, it would depend how much the deal is subsidised. He’s producing more than Stef is, in less minutes.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Re-sign Stef, off load someone and sign NAS.

I still reckon we need that hard no BS front rower. Stef is a good player but not a pack leader so give him a partner in crime to feed off of. Like what Klemmer used to be and was expected to be.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

re Paulo, it would depend how much the deal is subsidised. He’s producing more than Stef is, in less minutes.

Im not keen on Paulo, but for me less minutes is a big issue with either Paulo or NAS. For all his faults and sporadic lack of intensity, Stef has been managing reasonable minutes and there is usually a drop in intensity in our middles when he is not there. With or without Stef we need to increase the length of time that our middles are holding or hurting the opposition. I am concerned that NAS & Paulo are more "impact" props and we would not really be swapping like for like and then rely on Klem & Twal to merely churn out the metres.

Saifiti on the other hand seems to me (without trawling his stats) a better fit.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs Agree watched  there game the other night pass on Paulo as you described.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Re-sign Stef, off load someone and sign NAS.

I still reckon we need that hard no BS front rower. Stef is a good player but not a pack leader so give him a partner in crime to feed off of. Like what Klemmer used to be and was expected to be.

I don't want Stef after the weekend's performance.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Im not keen on Paulo, but for me less minutes is a big issue with either Paulo or NAS. For all his faults and sporadic lack of intensity, Stef has been managing reasonable minutes and there is usually a drop in intensity in our middles when he is not there. With or without Stef we need to increase the length of time that our middles are holding or hurting the opposition. I am concerned that NAS & Paulo are more "impact" props and we would not really be swapping like for like and then rely on Klem & Twal to merely churn out the metres.

Saifiti on the other hand seems to me (without trawling his stats) a better fit.

I don't think less minutes is that big of an issue with us as we have Twal, Seyfarth, Klemmer and Pole all capable of playing 40 minutes straight. In fact we have too many middles that can play long and need to add some more power in shorter bursts.

Tiger5150 and Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I don't think less minutes is that big of an issue with us as we have Twal, Seyfarth, Klemmer and Pole all capable of playing 40 minutes straight. In fact we have too many middles that can play long and need to add some more power in shorter bursts.

ReplyQuote
Page 988 / 989
Share: