Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@lorenzo It’s interesting he is either not up to being a dominant player weekly is taking it easy until his next gig . He has to realise not all clubs are like the Tigers that accept mediocrity! Other clubs will want there pound of flesh and for the price he wants they will want a lot every week ! He really needs to think about his next move carefully.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I agree with everybody that Stef’s performances are indifferent at best and yesterday’s was very poor. Is he worth $800,000, I really don’t know, not on yesterday’s effort that can be certain but I’ll try to look for reasons for that performance yesterday. Stef has turned 24 not long ago, not sure what most people were like at 24 but I was a mess (still am, my wife would argue). He’s in the process of making the biggest decision of his professional career, a decision which could will affect his family & his long term future. Having met him he seems a young man who is also very loyal & I’ve no doubt leaving would not be easy for him. I can only imagine at his age and at this level of professional sport this is all having some impact on his preparation & focus. I agree he could & should be better but I also believe that there are these issues which we cannot fully appreciate without actually being in his shoes & we cannot really understand how much they would impact upon performance.

This post was modified 2 days ago by Russtutty63

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

what are thoughts on Cory Horsburgh from Canberra if he is in reserves perhaps he might be worth enquiring about ?

I know signed until end of 2027 but perhaps Canberra might be interested in offloading him

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

what are thoughts on Cory Horsburgh from Canberra if he is in reserves perhaps he might be worth enquiring about ?

I know signed until end of 2027 but perhaps Canberra might be interested in offloading him

Oh god no........No NONO NO NO NO and NO!!!!

you think we have discipline problems now......

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I’m now in that camp that is undecided on Stef, I can’t make up my mind, perhaps he’s the same, who knows. But I could certainly see the attraction of Richo spending that $2 million on the likes of Nelson, Jack Williams & Kyle Feldt. Unlikely as it is. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Watched a lot of Panthers games lately and must say Turuva does nothing for me not much of an upgrade over Staines if any ! There is a need for a fullback next season as Bula just not cutting it , he has no impact from  kick returns which puts the team at a loss . Maybe that’s where  Turuva is heading  .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

he can take over from Bateman on the right hand side 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

he can take over from Bateman on the right hand side 

Horsburgh makes Bateman look like a choirboy as far as discipline is concerned. He is the opposite of what we need.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Whatever happens in terms of who goes, who stays & who else might come in, 2025 must be a successful one. I can’t see the likes of Lachie not going elsewhere if there is little, or no, improvement. Making finals will help these players understand what it truly means to this club, the fans & community. It will make them want to be part of it. Every home game will sell out should there be real signs of improvement. Richo & Benji have to get the players in who can help make that happen next year. We have a couple but need 2 or 3 more who we can be sure will do that. 

This post was modified 2 days ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @russtutty63

I agree with everybody that Stef’s performances are indifferent at best and yesterday’s was very poor. Is he worth $800,000, I really don’t know, not on yesterday’s effort that can be certain but I’ll try to look for reasons for that performance yesterday. Stef has turned 24 not long ago, not sure what most people were like at 24 but I was a mess (still am, my wife would argue). He’s in the process of making the biggest decision of his professional career, a decision which could will affect his family & his long term future. Having met him he seems a young man who is also very loyal & I’ve no doubt leaving would not be easy for him. I can only imagine at his age and at this level of professional sport this is all having some impact on his preparation & focus. I agree he could & should be better but I also believe that there are these issues which we cannot fully appreciate without actually being in his shoes & we cannot really understand how much they would impact upon performance.

I may be too harsh however I don't buy into the "negotiations" impacting performance, perhaps in a more nuanced position in the spine, yes I get it, however as a prop you just need to nail the fundamentals, hitups, meters and dominating in the tackle.....he did not deliver this and has not been consistently delivering this since way before the whole contract drama started. Don't get me wrong, I would be celebrating if Stef agreed to the $800k over 5 years, more for the fact that it shows to everyone we can and do have the loyalty of the players and they are buying into the vision, however from a purely performance perspective, I worry that he will regress once he has himself locked in, as he only seems to lift when we are already on top against mid tier teams.  I believe he has all the skills and physical attributes to be a top 5 middle, yet does he have the drive?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

Posted by: @russtutty63

I may be too harsh however I don't buy into the "negotiations" impacting performance, perhaps in a more nuanced position in the spine, yes I get it, however as a prop you just need to nail the fundamentals, hitups, meters and dominating in the tackle.....he did not deliver this and has not been consistently delivering this since way before the whole contract drama started. Don't get me wrong, I would be celebrating if Stef agreed to the $800k over 5 years, more for the fact that it shows to everyone we can and do have the loyalty of the players and they are buying into the vision, however from a purely performance perspective, I worry that he will regress once he has himself locked in, as he only seems to lift when we are already on top against mid tier teams.  I believe he has all the skills and physical attributes to be a top 5 middle, yet does he have the drive?

2 brilliant posts that could be used to summarise the back-and-forth that is going on in my mind and others. I have a feeling that if he stays then he continues as he is and doesn't improve but if he leaves then he becomes a star. Probably just the hang-ups of being a Tigers fan and being burnt too many times before. 

That game against the Roosters and a few others looked like someone who just wanted to get the game over with ASAP. I would love it if he stayed, we got rid of a few others and signed a NAS or Paulo for 2 years.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

Reading between the lines, the Storm seem to be the only "winning" club interested in Stef, yet they are also saying they cannot afford him and would have to move a few players out....this is potentially where ....now hear me out....a play for any 2 of these 3 players may eventuate 1. NAS 2. Kamikamica 3. Paps it looks like NAS is out of favour, paps is really surplus to requirements on the money he is on and Kamikamica is one I have thrown in for the Fiji connection. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Reading between the lines, the Storm seem to be the only "winning" club interested in Stef, yet they are also saying they cannot afford him and would have to move a few players out....this is potentially where ....now hear me out....a play for any 2 of these 3 players may eventuate 1. NAS 2. Kamikamica 3. Paps it looks like NAS is out of favour, paps is really surplus to requirements on the money he is on and Kamikamica is one I have thrown in for the Fiji connection. 

This sounds weird to me as I say it.....but I dont see where Paps fits in our team. Could only be fullback but would you back Paps history with injuries let alone head knocks against cutting Bula loose?

NAS & Kamikamica could work at the right price ($800K for both?) but kami is 30.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

This sounds weird to me as I say it.....but I dont see where Paps fits in our team. Could only be fullback but would you back Paps history with injuries let alone head knocks against cutting Bula loose?

NAS & Kamikamica could work at the right price ($800K for both?) but kami is 30.

Paps to injury prone. It’s a no from me.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)

I hate to say it, however I would play Paps at fullback and move Bula to the wing/centre Paps has had a torrid run with injuries however injury free he is in the top 3 FB's in the comp. Bula needs some help becoming a modern FB especially in attack and he could learn a great deal from Paps. At the right money I would jump at the chance to have him in our team injuries and all. 

ReplyQuote
Page 987 / 988
Share: