Junior Pathways

@tigerton agree 100%

TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Adam Douehi can take on the line,is a big body who can hold up defences.He’s also an extremely hard-nosed competitor capable of converting from the sideline.I think he’s also a character that will drive culture.After the injuries and rehab,sure he has to prove himself again but he has plenty of experience,an attribute in short supply at WTs.   
I think in context and on minimum money he represents a pretty smart acquisition.To reduce him to plodder status is rather shortsighted in my opinion.

Where do you play him?

Reserve Grade

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Douhie is a first grader and the extension will be cheap. Richo will find roster spots if he needs them. This is a good deal in my view. I’m keen to see what douhie does with this lifeline. He could do ok in the AJ kepoa bench role ie cover back row, centres, even halves. At least we know he cares about the club

This post was modified 3 months ago by TigerTownSFS

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tiger5150

Im not an AD fan, but if he is signing for 1 year on minimum wage, you need to look at him that way, not the way he looks at himself and regardless of his history.

The way he looks at himself is the issue, he has already stated that players that don't live up to standards will have to play reserve grade. Does he realise he is in that category?

I don’t know whether he realises it or not Garry but what he would definitely realise is that this one year is his opportunity to show he has a future at this club or at another. If he fails to do that his career will be pretty much over. This is basically a chance to start again so he has to give it his best shot no matter what position or role he’s asked to play. And that can only be a good thing for the club & for him. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just listened to the pod and the talk of Onitoni Large etc. I’ve seen Onitoni play 6 or 7 games past 12 months & I think he’s a promising young player, no more, no less. He has not made me exclaim “wow” when I’ve seen him play. In fact I have seen more in young Alex Isdale at 7 and I’ve been more impressed with Makasini and Ashton Large, Onitoni’s young brother. Onitoni was injured for the 2nd half of the Matts season this year and his replacement  Lele (first name escapes me) was very good. Now Onitoni might turn out to be a gun but at this stage he’s a long way to go imo. 

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jedi-tiger Douhie can start in Reserve Grade, but he’s got to come into first grade.

He's playing for a contract with us or somebody else. 
surely he’s going to perform well if his body holds up. Surely also Benji and Richo have told him he’s not a halves contender. 
If his knee goes again, maybe we can medically retire and get back a top 30 spot, but hopefully for his sake that does not happen.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Junior Paulo anyone??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

Junior Paulo anyone??

ITs a no from me.....wrong player for modern game. Too heavy, too slow, too few minutes, too much $$$

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Junior Paulo anyone??

Whats happened with him? Is he available?

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@helmesy 

Is there a whisper?

It's a hard one. He was a genuine State of Origin forward not long ago. While looks out of shape, he has always been able to churn out big minutes for his frame and I don't recall him being caught out defensively too often. 

He seems to have dropped down at Parra this year, not sure why. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Junior Paulo anyone??

I would take Paulo

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Junior Paulo anyone??

ITs a no from me.....wrong player for modern game. Too heavy, too slow, too few minutes, too much $$$

Actually, having looked at his stats, I might walk this back a bit. last three games all longer than 50 mins and north of 140m, over 20 tackles a match.

Will be 32 next year though. With his build I expect his decline to quicker than others.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Junior Paulo anyone??

Actually, having looked at his stats, I might walk this back a bit. last three games all longer than 50 mins and north of 140m, over 20 tackles a match.

Will be 32 next year though. With his build I expect his decline to quicker than others.

I think as a short term option he'd be ok, still playing good football and would be a leader in our pack. Where is this coming from though, has he been told he can look around?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Junior Paulo anyone??

I think as a short term option he'd be ok, still playing good football and would be a leader in our pack. Where is this coming from though, has he been told he can look around?

https://x.com/VossyBrandySEN/status/1803899298243055772

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Junior Paulo anyone??

Wowsers, he's on $1m a year. Would have to be pretty heavily subsidised.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 977 / 1066
Share: