Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

it may be wishful thinking on my part, however I cant see another team offering the same money and duration of contract that we are. Its a big investment on a player that has not been consistent week in week out and on his best days may be worth $800k, however those days are few and far between. I could see a club going 2 years with a 3rd year club option at close to $800k but no more than that. five years at 800k with potential ratchet clauses could destroy our cap and roster for the next 10 years if he does not come good.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

With Stef not being selected for origin, does this now trigger that insane clause in his contract to make him a free agent for next year.

Even though he had a better game on Saturday, I still don’t think he is worth anywhere near $800k per year

he is still a (slim) chance of getting picked for Game 3, otherwise yes he then could negotiate elsewhere.

thought stef had to play 2 games of SOO, is that not correct ?

He has played one game already.

he had to play 2 games this year didn't he ?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

With Stef not being selected for origin, does this now trigger that insane clause in his contract to make him a free agent for next year.

Even though he had a better game on Saturday, I still don’t think he is worth anywhere near $800k per year

he is still a (slim) chance of getting picked for Game 3, otherwise yes he then could negotiate elsewhere.

thought stef had to play 2 games of SOO, is that not correct ?

He has played one game already.

he had to play 2 games this year didn't he ?

pretty sure it is all up. he signed that extension prior to debuting in SoO

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

"Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, said Utoikamanu’s agent was preparing to ask for permission to negotiate with rival clubs if the 24-year-old misses out on selection in Origin II."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-offer-4-million-deal-to-young-gun-20240603-p5jirs.html

We can expect to hear more this week.

I think he ends up at Penrith. Stefano's manager has moved two players from WT to Penrith just this month - Papali'i and Kepaoa.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mickb

"Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, said Utoikamanu’s agent was preparing to ask for permission to negotiate with rival clubs if the 24-year-old misses out on selection in Origin II."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-offer-4-million-deal-to-young-gun-20240603-p5jirs.html

I think he ends up at Penrith. Stefano's manager has moved two players from WT to Penrith just this month - Papali'i and Kepaoa.

Agree. Replacing JFH

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @mickb

Stef was great on the weekend but i'd like to see him do that against a decent pack. 

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Stef is not consistent enough for mine. He has potential to be elite but has a long way to go.  I would not be too disappointed if he leaves but if he stays he needs an attitude transplant.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Stef is gone IMO. We all know that 'testing the open market' is just code for waiting until he can legally accept an offer from a rival club. His management would absolutely know what is being offered.

If they didn't like such offers he'd have signed already.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I agree stef is gone. It would seem likely that Richo and his manager have had a clear discussion about what Stef wants and what the club can offer. My guess is Richo won’t over pay and he will back himself to recruit for what stef has to offer us. It will be a critical decision for Richo but you have to back him given how he has run things so far

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Dean Ritchie reporting Naden has no interest in leaving and will be seeing out the remainder of his contract.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Hopefully the club giving them permission to leave lights a fire under Bud and Naden's arses. They are both still quite young and unless they want this to be their last decent payday will have to lift to secure a regular first grade spot and a future contract at WT or elsewhere. They both have the skills to be regular first graders, they just need to put the effort in and use their heads on the field. If they were closer to the end of their career (Russell Packer) I would be more concerned.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don’t know how people can be so positive that Stefano is already out the door.Perhaps Stefano himself hasn’t come to any decision.Maybe he’s still exploring his options,maybe not.I would love to see him re-sign,but frankly if I were in his shoes there would be no great imperative given the ruthless nature of NRL salary caps.

Russtutty63 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Anyone know the contract status of Reuben Porter?
I was pretty impressed with his performance in the second row last game. Be nice to have him as a cut price second row option.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Hopefully the club giving them permission to leave lights a fire under Bud and Naden's arses. They are both still quite young and unless they want this to be their last decent payday will have to lift to secure a regular first grade spot and a future contract at WT or elsewhere. They both have the skills to be regular first graders, they just need to put the effort in and use their heads on the field. If they were closer to the end of their career (Russell Packer) I would be more concerned.

Naden is 28, his best years are behind him footy wise

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Dean Ritchie reporting Naden has no interest in leaving and will be seeing out the remainder of his contract.

Then he needs to fix his dumb illegal plays. There is a good footballer in there but it is held back by stupidity.

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 974 / 983
Share: