Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @loganr21

@avocadoontoast we will see in the coming years what Stefano is made of. I doubt he’ll set the world on fire. He’ll score more tries than Alex, but won’t be in any better position to where Twally is now in 3-4 years time.

He’s already a far better player than Twal ever was. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

don't think we can afford to pay 800k for stef, his value is probably 650k maybe 700k. We can't be paying overs for front rowers 

In the modern game Front rowers are almost as valuable as spine players.

for 800k rather than stef we should have had a crack at AFB or the Fish, don't think stef gets to that level and not worth 800k

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast barely

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

If we lose Stef it is going to be very expensive to replace him

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

Penrith about to sack Taylan May(Winger). Should we take him?

Monday morning - Stefano manager suggests he'll seek permission to negotiate with other clubs if Stef doesnt make SOO side for game 2.

Monday afternoon - Penrith announce plans to terminate Taylan May and his $600k contract.

Papali'i and Stef share the same manager. This agent has just sent Ice to Penrith and I think its reasonable to conclude that if/when Penrith terminate Taylan May they'll be ready to make Stef an offer.

This news cannot be coincidental surely?

IMO Stefano is not worth more than we have offered him. If he leaves I trust Benji and Richo to find another better value prop elsewhere.

Kenny4517, Snake, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mickb If Twal was a few steps quicker he would have it all over Stefano Imo a better rounded player . Do not get the hype and the one thing that annoys me is the non effort Stefano puts in regularly as per this season . The money Richo is offering him goes against what he has said previously that we will not pay overs .. honestly Blake should have been the priority  dollars  for effort .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@avocadoontoast we will see in the coming years what Stefano is made of. I doubt he’ll set the world on fire. He’ll score more tries than Alex, but won’t be in any better position to where Twally is now in 3-4 years time.

That may very well be the case Avo but why this negation of Alex Twal?You claimed last week that Twal was abysmal after Cowboys game.I fail to see how you could arrive at that conclusion.I thought Twally had a pretty decent game given he ran over 100 metres and made 40 tackles,no misses.That’s the way you see it,that’s your opinion but I can’t buy it.We’re stretched to the limit with injury and suspension and I’m of the mind that the defence of Alex Twal is indispensable to our team in these tough times.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

F

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

That may very well be the case Avo but why this negation of Alex Twal?You claimed last week that Twal was abysmal after Cowboys game.I fail to see how you could arrive at that conclusion.I thought Twally had a pretty decent game given he ran over 100 metres and made 40 tackles,no misses.That’s the way you see it,that’s your opinion but I can’t buy it.We’re stretched to the limit with injury and suspension and I’m of the mind that the defence of Alex Twal is indispensable to our team in these tough times.

And Twal has scored tries is consecutive seasons !!!!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

There will be a lot of interest in Stefano at that price, probably most of the comp will have a nibble. He's a 24 year old prop, already playing big mins and on the fringes of origin selection. This next contract will take into his prime. 

Hope we keep him - we're in a massive hole without him. 

Mercy Rule, CanberraTiger, Garry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Reports from UK that Hull KR are looking at Naden

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @frullens

Reports from UK that Hull KR are looking at Naden

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

It's just my opinion, and i've held it for quite a long time. I think Twal has zero impact, and the stats aren't a true reflection of his contribution. Look at the weekends game against the Cowboys. As soon as he came off and Pole and Matamua went on, we improved dramatically. That's been pretty much the case all year. I'd prefer him to be in reserve grade (or even better, gone altogether). Nothing against him personally, he's an incredibly hard worker and gives 100% every game he plays, I just don't think he's what we need.

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

If we lose Stef it is going to be very expensive to replace him

Yep, and that's the problem. We'll have to pay overs to keep him, but we'll also have to pay overs to replace him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Twal is a solid squad player worth keeping never shirks the defensive work. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Twal is a workhorse, he plugs a hole. He runs too upright and never skittles the line. To compare him to stef doesn’t make sense

ReplyQuote
Page 953 / 982
Share: