Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

SMH reporting that Penrith took up 100% of papallii’s 2025 contract (750k). If so then this seems like great business.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

SMH reporting that Penrith took up 100% of papallii’s 2025 contract (750k). If so then this seems like great business.

That is fantastic news!!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Anyone that watches the junior grades.. know if Luke Laulilii or Solo Saukuru would be any chance for a wing spot in the NRL in 2025? Like could one potentially jag a starting spot or are they a few years away. Just listening to the pod and with the dilemma of outside backs.. I really think it will be Olam and Turuva centre pairing (going off all the talk). Both wings spots are wide open. 

I've seen a tiny bit of Luke, looks to have good footwork, small powerful runner. I know he has played fullback and wing. Not sure if Saukuru is a winger or centre and haven't seen much of him. 

Not sure if they are progressing at the same speed or if one is ahead of the other. 

Any info would be much appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Reports from Brent Reed that Simpkin is about to exit stage left. 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

smart move for us and him, frees up a spot in our 30 and might give TDS some focus as next man up, and it was obvious Simpkin is not in our future plans so in his best interests to nail down a longer term roster spot somewhere else. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @lorenzo

smart move for us and him, frees up a spot in our 30 and might give TDS some focus as next man up, and it was obvious Simpkin is not in our future plans so in his best interests to nail down a longer term roster spot somewhere else. 

Correct. If TDS is the future he needs to be the guy next in line.

So, at 29 players now, that takes us to 28.

Two other confirmed departures Papali’i and Tupou at the end of the year and two coming in Luai and Turuva - we’re starting to open up some spots.

Keep that shredder fired up WT!

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I’d be very pleased for Jake if that’s the case, deserves to be playing more NRL, a good young 9. And we obviously have a good one coming through in TDS. Also think Bayley Hodges in Flegg goes well so I think we’ll be ok. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @chook

Anyone that watches the junior grades.. know if Luke Laulilii or Solo Saukuru would be any chance for a wing spot in the NRL in 2025? Like could one potentially jag a starting spot or are they a few years away. Just listening to the pod and with the dilemma of outside backs.. I really think it will be Olam and Turuva centre pairing (going off all the talk). Both wings spots are wide open. 

I've seen a tiny bit of Luke, looks to have good footwork, small powerful runner. I know he has played fullback and wing. Not sure if Saukuru is a winger or centre and haven't seen much of him. 

Not sure if they are progressing at the same speed or if one is ahead of the other. 

Any info would be much appreciated. 

I haven’t seen much of them this year, saw Luke play a fair bit last year & some Ball this year, he’s a good player, prefer him at fullback but I think he could develop into a handy winger but next year for him. Sol had shoulder surgery in the off season so needed footy this season to get going which he seems to be doing now. He had a good combo with Galvin in Ball last year when he was at centre which is probably his best position. He might be a chance this year to have a run at some point this year but I’d think he’s another who could be better after another preseason as he hasn’t really had one yet.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't mind Jake. Never understood the hate. I'd like to keep him playing 14 and giving Api a rest. Leave TDS and Latu to play 80min games for the year

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Keen to see how young Toby Couchman goes for the Dragons today, still only 20 but he and his brother look to have good futures. Contracted until the end of ‘25 and I’d think a big part of the Dragon’s plans going forward but will be interesting to see if they attract much attention elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @canberratiger

I don't mind Jake. Never understood the hate. I'd like to keep him playing 14 and giving Api a rest. Leave TDS and Latu to play 80min games for the year

There might be a better opportunity for him elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I hope it is a case of us letting him go to be good people cos there isn't much point in letting him go now rather than wait till the end of the year

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

I hope it is a case of us letting him go to be good people cos there isn't much point in letting him go now rather than wait till the end of the year

Could be, but I think we’re just going to see a lot of roster churn in coming months.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Rumours that Sullivan may have interest from Hull.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

https://www.totalrl.com/wests-tigers-halfback-jayden-sullivan-attracting-attention-from-super-league-club/

He’d go great over there.

Forever 9th reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 949 / 1066
Share: