Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @snake

@loganr Sezer 13 .. Latu 7 IMO ,there is obsoletely nothing happening around the halves at present last night highlighted this big time !

Why go away from what worked against Parra & Sharks? Because it didnt work against the two best teams in the comp?

Sezer was our best against Dragons.

All last season we bitched about not sticking to a plan. We finally come up with a spine that has shown it can work well and we throw it out because of two games against last years GF teams?

we do need to find a way to give Latu more time in the halves, perhaps Sezer to 9 when Api takes a break and latu to 7. Otherwise let's just persist, will take some time for the backs to synch. Once the venom is taken out of the game I  am comfortable, having latu, galvin, sezer and api on at the same time, they are all solid defenders and it gives us more attacking options. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

we need to see what latu fainu has in his position of 7, and that might mean sezer to 13

Forwards

stef

Api

klemmer

Ice

Bateman 

Sezer

Backs

Bula

Charlie

Olam

naden 

Solomon  A / starford 

galvin

L Fainu

bench

seyfarth

Sam Fainu

Pole 

Twal

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

One new thing this week was we played a right hand side move with sezer as second receiver and then Bula third receiver to provide an overlap. It worked to create some shape but we ended up running Staines out of room at least 3 times. There is something there to work with as we were close to breaking the defence down. Bula needs to straighten rather than drift or we need the 2RF angling back inside to hold the defensive line up a little longer. It was the first time we looked like running any type of backline move since we introduced the wrap around Api play last year. 

Garry, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy That’s an issue  what I have seen in the lower grades any   of the young ones touted  there is a very small percentage that even look like being 1st graders . I take a realistic view of this it’s a bit of a smoke screen IMO and it will take years of no success for a few to make the grade . The club needs to go to market or it’s going to a long period of more pain

You could be right, could be wrong, time will tell but we can’t say for sure how long it’ll be. 5 years ago fans were thinking this finals drought must end soon, and I’m sure that’s been the same at other sports clubs who have had lengthy droughts, but nobody knows when it turns, we can only guess. But for the first time in the past 12 years we have a plan, a good plan because it’s the only one that can give us any hope of sustained success. We have tried going to market before & got nowhere. And it’s harder now because of who you compete with plus you will get some right, some wrong. There is also the cap to work around and we’re already paying 10 players $500,000 or more next year. As a club we’ve never focussed on our strength, perhaps Sheens did a little, but instead of setting up a plan to bring through the best of our pathways e.g. a Head of Pathways, an academy, MacArthur Wests partnerships, people working with coaches etc in the area, we’ve tried to go to market & that’s got us close a couple of times but wasn’t sustainable, you’re competing with clubs that already are successful so they can simply add elite types when others retire etc. Let’s see how things go next 3 years & if we regress, how is that possible anyway?, then make a judgement on the plan. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

The more I think about yesterday's game apart from a few defensive lapses, which in all honesty you should expect when you are playing the Broncos and Adam Reynolds kicking game, the most glaring issue we had was our attack running out of room when we spread the ball..we were getting to attacking positions however their defence was easily covering us...I kept thinking that a big body with a step and ball handling skills straightening up would easily make space for our centres and winger...this could be where Josh Schuster may be the perfect fit for the tigers, especially if we can get him cheap.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @lorenzo

The more I think about yesterday's game apart from a few defensive lapses, which in all honesty you should expect when you are playing the Broncos and Adam Reynolds kicking game, the most glaring issue we had was our attack running out of room when we spread the ball..we were getting to attacking positions however their defence was easily covering us...I kept thinking that a big body with a step and ball handling skills straightening up would easily make space for our centres and winger...this could be where Josh Schuster may be the perfect fit for the tigers, especially if we can get him cheap.

or Matamua?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

IMG 2599

interesting way of looking at our squad

The Last Ronin, Tiger5150, Mike and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @lorenzo

or Matamua?

I have seen a bit of Matamua and he seems to offer up more than Bateman or Pole at 13, not sure why Benji is not willing to give him a solid run though. Could be a defensive thing as that seems to be the focus of the team right now. re Schuster my thinking is as an edge back rower not a 13, dig into the line and pass/kick for the outside backs, he will never have the stamina to be a modern day 13. Going forward this year we need Pole off the bench and Matamua at 13, I hate to say it but Twal needs to be dropped, does not dominate tackles nor bend the line in defense. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

-- attachment is not available --

interesting way of looking at our squad

this is brilliant, have been telling my mates to calm down as we have a young inexperienced team....I just need to send them this now....Thanks!

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Heard tedesco might be retiring end of next year and head into coaching at roosters and with that manu will come back after his Japanese rugby stint mid season next year. 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Heard tedesco might be retiring end of next year and head into coaching at roosters and with that manu will come back after his Japanese rugby stint mid season next year. 

Not surprising, thats how uncle Nick pays them unders, either guarantees longer term employment at the club or gets them a gig at Fox Sport. The whole Manu thing smells, its how they get him a cash injection without going to another club. They did it (maybe unplanned) with Sonny Bill and it worked for them. By the time he comes back his bank balance is pumped up the season is at its most critical juncture and the FB spot is there for the taking within 6 months.  

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Unlikely, but David Fifita could be on the market from thursday....thoughts?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Unlikely, but David Fifita could be on the market from thursday....thoughts?

Richardson said we’re done for 2025 recruits. Not sure we’d be on his radar anyway.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Apparently Fifita wants to win a premiership, doesn't every player, my money is that he is leaving titans and will likely end up at the roosters, panthers will not pay him anywhere near what he could earn at the roosters. I have said for some time now that if I could pick a forward from anywhere in the comp it would be his team mate Tino, however I would not say no to Fifita, benji would have to weave some crazy magic to get him though. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy I do not believe that , a couple of positions need attending to and I think a couple of signings will happen !

ReplyQuote
Page 933 / 938
Share: