Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Shuster is. 6-1 and 100+ kg. He could definately play a simplified role for us that would add more than Sullivan at 14 or in reserve grade.

I really want to see TDS fit and back in the hooker rotation in 1sts. Then we need to run size and power on the bench and use Bateman as cover in the backline if needed.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Schuster may or may not be a good get but I’d much prefer the club look for good, experienced professionals who have excellent character in that they are mentally tough. Players who have overcome obstacles & proven themselves at NRL level would be what I’d look for. These types are the ones who have to lead the younger blokes & this club to be better than what it is. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @russtutty63

Schuster may or may not be a good get but I’d much prefer the club look for good, experienced professionals who have excellent character in that they are mentally tough. Players who have overcome obstacles & proven themselves at NRL level would be what I’d look for. These types are the ones who have to lead the younger blokes & this club to be better than what it is. 

agreed Schuster is not what we need.....but would be an improvement of Sullivan and there may not be any takers for Sullivan.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Hate to say this but a fit firing Schuster may be exactly what we need at 13 or playing on an edge. The issue is our edge backrowers are now just defenders and this has a knock on effect for our centres and wingers in attack. Olam breaks the mould as he runs a line like an edge forward, however he is not creating for our wingers. Bateman used to be pretty creative in attack and Papallii could run a line in the attacking 20 hell he used to contest and win bombs in attack for parra. Now both are just defenders covering our poor defenders in the halves (bud) or centres. I would argue that the reason we are better with Galvin is the kid doesn't miss a tackle, makes more than he should and therefore leaves some energy in Olam and Batemans legs in attack. Whilst we may look better in defence this year we are paying a very heavy price in attack. So even a fit firing Schuster at the top of his game would be wasted if we don't sort out our defence.  Big bodies is what we are lacking, we often need 2 or 3 players to tackle opposition wingers or centres, dragons were nailing our backs one on one, whereas we needed 3 players on Suli, lomax, bird etc...you cannot maintain this.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

agreed Schuster is not what we need.....but would be an improvement of Sullivan and there may not be any takers for Sullivan.

I think it’s important to not be seen as desperate when it comes to signing players, it’s half the reason Bud was signed in the first place. The club needs to be patient & very selective in terms of who they bring in because they must make positive difference. It’s not 100% foolproof that that’s what will happen but it’s better than taking a risk on someone you cannot be sure will make a positive difference. 

Tiger5150 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I think it’s important to not be seen as desperate when it comes to signing players, it’s half the reason Bud was signed in the first place. The club needs to be patient & very selective in terms of who they bring in because they must make positive difference. It’s not 100% foolproof that that’s what will happen but it’s better than taking a risk on someone you cannot be sure will make a positive difference. 

100%

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike

100%

Sullivan dropped from the side, I wonder if he ever gets back to first grade with us.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

twitter Rumours we have lost Onitoni Large would think to union 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

He has a fairly low Ng contract.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

He has a fairly low Ng contract.

shame if we lose him

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Fisher-Harris off to Warriors next year. Think a few clubs are going to be pretty keen on Stef. Tigers better move quickly.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Penrith, roosters, bulldogs, saints all looking for starting props

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Chammas reporting Penrith after Stef for next year. Can’t blame them

Jedi Tiger and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

With this chatter and the talk of Penrith wanting Stefano, really shows how hard it is to build a team up from the scrap heap. There's zero protection or reward for producing your own, and you're continually open to losing any of your pathways players long before they even make FG. 

I can't see it every changing, but it's a real issue for the sport. Even the AFL does this better. 

(And yes I'm aware Stefano was poached from Parra in similar circumstances.)

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@the-frog we lost a nofa and gained a bud pretty much 😣😣

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Page 922 / 933
Share: