Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

anyone heard any rumours of klemmer being offloaded to accommodate more room in the cap for Luai for 2024 ? Heard from someone connected to dragons that they were making enquiries not sure how legit tbh

There was an article the other day talking about possible destinations for him. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

anyone heard any rumours of klemmer being offloaded to accommodate more room in the cap for Luai for 2024 ? Heard from someone connected to dragons that they were making enquiries not sure how legit tbh

There was an article the other day talking about possible destinations for him. 

interesting, I got told today from someone at the dragons (only spoken to him a few times a mate of a mate so not very confident of source tbh)  but not in the football department we had made contact Monday apparently. Interesting if any media come out and talk more about it or not 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Seyfarth, twal, ute, pole, sam Fainu. Are we really in a place to be trading out klemmer?

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don't see any reason to sacrifice Klemmer just to get Luai a year early. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I don't see any reason to sacrifice Klemmer just to get Luai a year early. 

geez I would do it if it mean getting Luai, all hinges on penrith releasing him though, that would be the only reason we are freeing up cap space is if he has told Penrith he isn't coming back ? 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Seyfarth, twal, ute, pole, sam Fainu. Are we really in a place to be trading out klemmer?

why would st george want those guys they missed AFB then klemmer is a good replacement 

probably not going to happen anyway 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

why would st george want those guys they missed AFB then klemmer is a good replacement 

I mean, our front row isn’t exactly the finished product. I wouldn’t want to lose klemmer unless there is something similar and cheaper available 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Our front row is weak as it is and Klemmer is probably our best middle. Why make it even weaker? Who are you replacing Klemmer with?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

This Klemmer to St George chat makes no sense. Why would we even consider it. I’d say it’s more wishful thinking from St George. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

The longer the Luai saga goes on the less confident I am of him being at the Wests Tigers for 2025

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @mike

The longer the Luai saga goes on the less confident I am of him being at the Wests Tigers for 2025

I really don’t understand the hold up. By all accounts nothing is signed yet ie the 10 day window hasn’t started. He says he wants to sign, we agree terms. What else is there?

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I really don’t understand the hold up. By all accounts nothing is signed yet ie the 10 day window hasn’t started. He says he wants to sign, we agree terms. What else is there?

I'd say its a toss up between clearing the way to come here in 2024 or exploring Bulldogs opportunity.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

confident he will be a tiger for 2025, I think the delay now is sorting out 2024

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

‘It would be scary not playing with Nathan’: Even Luai admits leaving Penrith a risk

Earlier this year, just before the State of Origin series opener, I asked Jarome Luai if he’d contemplated life without Nathan Cleary.

As far back as May, talk had started about what the NSW five-eighth was going to do in 2025.

“It’s scary to think about not playing with Nathan,” Luai told me.

Luai shares a near-telepathic relationship with Cleary, the pair having played against and alongside each other as teenagers before winning premierships for Penrith and Origin series for NSW.

So why would you want to break up such a successful partnership?

The obvious answer is the $6 million over five years that’s presently on the table from the Wests Tigers and probably about as much from the Bulldogs if Luai wants it. It’s an offer Penrith can’t and won’t match.

Luai has told the Tigers he’s coming, and told his Penrith teammates the same thing, but no contract has been signed and, until then, the imposing figure of Bulldogs boss Phil Gould casts a shadow over negotiations.

This could only happen in the NRL. A deal is never a done deal until the player’s name is on the locker and he’s trotting out onto the training paddock in his new team’s colours.

The Tigers’ main selling point to Luai isn’t just money but a promise to make him the heartbeat of the club: he’ll be the on-field general, which allows him to step out of Cleary’s shadow, while helping forge better links with the Pasifika community in Western Sydney.

This was the pitch from the Tigers’ new interim chief executive Shane Richardson, when he spoke to Luai on the phone last week.

Luai was so excited about the move he told the Panthers the next day he was leaving, even though the contract hasn’t been signed.

Penrith has waived the 10-day cooling-off period under NRL rules but, until the contract is signed and cleared by head office, Gould will be lurking in the background, trying to snatch Luai at the last minute.

Gould would relish getting one over Richardson as much as Richardson would relish an early kill in his new role as Tigers’ head kicker.

SMH

This post was modified 5 months ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Tupou signing with Dolphins absolutely sucks and we’ll regret it down the line. Overall I think we’ve been doing well lately but this is a huge mistake. Signing To’a before we had Tupou locked in was dumb dumb dumb.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 891 / 938
Share: