Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 I think that’s what he’s saying mate ! It should be the parent club who has the right of reply . 
I mean they should just call it restricted free agency . It means exactly the same thing .

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @hsvjones

This 10 day rule is just another confusing pot of Sh&t.

It should be he signs with Tigers and only his current club can match / change his mind.
They need to make it that it is now only these 2 teams left and no other team can sign him as he has already agreed to terms.. I can see this system is going to be a mess and not just with Laui.

Yep, it’s something I can’t see staying in place longterm.

If it was Bula, Tupou, Stef, Galvin, etc signing elsewhere we would all be hoping for the 10day cool off.

Agree but my point is not the 10 day period or his current club but another club coming in on the 9th day and stealing him.  It should be once he agrees it either the Tigers or Panthers and that's it.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

This 10 day rule is just another confusing pot of Sh&t.

It should be he signs with Tigers and only his current club can match / change his mind.
They need to make it that it is now only these 2 teams left and no other team can sign him as he has already agreed to terms.. I can see this system is going to be a mess and not just with Laui.

Yep, it’s something I can’t see staying in place longterm.

If it was Bula, Tupou, Stef, Galvin, etc signing elsewhere we would all be hoping for the 10day cool off.

Agree but my point is not the 10 day period or his current club but another club coming in on the 9th day and stealing him.  It should be once he agrees it either the Tigers or Panthers and that's it.

100% agree. I initially thought that was the rule and thought it was a good idea. The fact anyone can come in just makes it the old system returning. 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We have him.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry

We have him.

1000%?

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

We have him.

If this is true then 2024 will be a season of current halves vying for the chance to pair with him in 2025. That has to be a good thing for us this season too. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

We have him.

Garry has spoken. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Compare Luai vs Moses in 2023:

Moses:

13 forced dropouts 

439 average kicking meters

Goal kicks at 79%

15 try assists

11 line breaks

5 offloads

83% tackle efficiency

Luai:

3 forced dropouts 

70 average kicking meters

Doesn’t goal kick

13 try assists

14 line breaks

21 offloads

89% tackle efficiency

we were reported to be willing to pay to pay Moses more than what we have managed to sign Luai for. On the stats one is clearly a 7 and the other a 6 ie kicking game is the big difference and Luai looks a better attacker. Luai is a 3 time premiership winner, Moses appears to fall short on the biggest stage. Both have struggled at origin (maybe that can be put down to much better opposition in that arena) and Luai has performed stronger at international level.

its clear what is missing most is a halves pairing that can complement to kicking game element that Luai has yet to demonstrate. Ideally this would also be a goal kicker.

Sullivan, Fainu, Galvin, Douhie, Sezer are the options we know of. It’s fair to say Sezer is the most classic game manager 7 but he is likely too old (though I guess you can rule him out if he can transition back to NRL). Douhie doesn’t tick any of these boxes really. Galvin also seems more like his running game is his strength (maybe a more agile version of Douhie destined for back row/centre). From what little I have seen of Sullivan he seems like a more off the cuff style suited to 6 even though I believe he played a lot of 7 coming through. He would need to really focus on game control and kicking. Fainu I don’t know enough but he seems like a bit of a blend between 6 and 7, he seems very solid for a young half so maybe that suits being a little closer to the ruck. Great news that we now have a multi year plan to work towards but the success to that plan will be who we can partner our new marquee halve with.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Isn’t Fainu a left hand side player like Luai?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

yes I think you’re right. Sullivan a RHS player.

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Yeah, I think 6th tackle kicks (both long range and attacking near the goal line (bombs, grubbers, etc) as well as left or right sided player will be big factors in who partners Luai.

Can Luai change to right and develop a controlling kicking game? If not, then his partner must be able to do the above 2 things.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

He has played more left side than right. However I'm lead to believe Benji will have his halves playing both sides. Fainu looked at ease on the right in the u/19's origin. Attack wise he wants his 7 on the ball and 6 roaming both sides.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Just as a point of reference, 12 months ago, Plan A was Brooks/Doueihi.

That quickly devolved to Brooks/Wakeham and at one stage actually disintegrated into Wakeham/Will Smith.

Next year in the halves we have a mix of Sezer/Fainu/Sullivan

In 2025 (and beyond) we have some sort of mix of Luai/Fainu/Sullivan/Galvin. Things are looking up.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Just as a point of reference, 12 months ago, Plan A was Brooks/Doueihi.

That quickly devolved to Brooks/Wakeham and at one stage actually disintegrated into Wakeham/Will Smith.

Next year in the halves we have a mix of Sezer/Fainu/Sullivan

In 2025 (and beyond) we have some sort of mix of Luai/Fainu/Sullivan/Galvin. Things are looking up.

All of those options were terrible it could only get better 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Our potential halves stock over the next few years looks healthy and I will celebrate Luai coming on board more for the fact we nailed a high profile signing, which is something we really need to do. I do rate him as a competitor with Xfactor and his combo with Api will be key. I also believe he will flourish under Benji, his style of play is a good fit. What we sorely need is a long kicker, we have struggled in this area for some time and it was the only reason I would have supported Moses signing with us. I'm hoping one of the kids coming through can focus on developing a long kicking game, whoever does will likely end up partnering Luai in the halves (assuming he comes on board). Now Benji and co need to focus on our centres.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 886 / 932
Share: