Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mickb all he says seems pretty obvious. But I guess when he’s dealing with boards and owners , he’s dealing with rich people, who have been successful in life , who see the club as a way to splash money on this toy they have . 
You see it in all kinds of sports and clubs . Hopefully with him now in place , and the inmates no longer running the asylum, people within the club ,whether players, coaches , admin , board whatever , who were taking the piss , now will have to shape up or ship out.
He’s literally talking about driving standards , and whilst good intentions these people like Pascoe , Lee , and the board may have been , driving standards really wasn’t a priority .

the only thing I will say is Shane isn’t a spring chicken so  a succession plan has to be there already I would say . 

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lestronge

@mickb all he says seems pretty obvious. But I guess when he’s dealing with boards and owners , he’s dealing with rich people, who have been successful in life , who see the club as a way to splash money on this toy they have . 
You see it in all kinds of sports and clubs . Hopefully with him now in place , and the inmates no longer running the asylum, people within the club ,whether players, coaches , admin , board whatever , who were taking the piss , now will have to shape up or ship out.
He’s literally talking about driving standards , and whilst good intentions these people like Pascoe , Lee , and the board may have been , driving standards really wasn’t a priority .

the only thing I will say is Shane isn’t a spring chicken so  a succession plan has to be there already I would say . 

He’s only been appointed for 6 months at this stage 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @mickb

Posted by: @grovetiger

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

we are now looking at Shane Richardson for GM football role apparently 

Dare say signing Shane Richardson is a bigger deal than landing Luai

If you listen to this interview with Shane Richardson in this really good interview (from 37 mins especially) you can learn about his attitude towards to recruitment.

He talks at length about the Tigers. He thinks that we need to invest heavily in juniors and round them out with hardened NRL players rather than trying to cherry pick big names. It seems very unlikely that we'd sign Luai with him in charge.

A really good listen (especially now that Richardson is at WT!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8ZqpnDcWw

this is an incredible interview. I am so pumped

Mike and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Interesting that Shane basically refers to Lee as the type of chairman he couldn’t stand and wouldn’t work for. Just incredible how the power base has moved.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @dirty-reds

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/12/11/former-super-rugby-speedster-joins-wests-tigers/

Any intel on this fella? 

I know Benji has been after him for a while. He looks the goods, runs a good line and knows how to find the line. Also not afraid of head on contact. This is the type of player we need to stop the likes of Latrell, Manu, Warburton etc (big bodies) from tearing us apart out wide and in the air, those guys have completely dismantled our defence in games over the last couple of seasons, Bula needs support and hopefully Solomon can contribute and Junior with a strong offseason and a bit more confidence working with Benji can help.  

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Bulldogs have made an offer to Luai for 5 seasons over $5 mill .. the poker machine baron wants him apparently! He   Would have to take that offer you think,

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @snake

Bulldogs have made an offer to Luai for 5 seasons over $5 mill .. the poker machine baron wants him apparently! He   Would have to take that offer you think,

Interesting if this is true, Ciraldo on record stating dogs would never poach a Penrith player unless they have decided they are leaving. I imagine if this offer is kosher than its highly likely Luai is Dogs bound. I'm just glad we were able to pump up what dogs have had to pay to get him. We have some solid halves coming through so whilst I would celebrate getting Luai I'm not concerned if we miss out. 

hsvjones and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I'm glad, I hope he goes there. Not a popular opinion but I think his signing carries massive risk. In our predicament overpaying is necessary, but it needs to be the right sort of player. He's not a proven 7. 

Missing out on AFB would be a kick in the guts though.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast Made it quite clear I think he is a signing that will be regretted .. I also do not think he is a No 7 he is a running 5/8  good player but not at that coin ! Bulldogs seem to be digging themselves into a financial squeeze again , would prefer to put the extra $$ into AFB.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

They are convicted Cheats. Here they go again

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Re Bulldogs and Luai, I wonder what Richo thinks about it? I'm sure his opinion will come into play... 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Richo said on SEN we’ve withdrawn our offer for AFB

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Good move IMO. AFB is a great prop and miles better than we have, but for $1M not sure he is the golden ticket. Generally our pack is pretty good and some the young guys coming through, Pole, Sam F etc I am confident can make a positive contribution. Plus IMO not a plus from a cultural POV.

I think Laui is the target based on Richo's speech this morning. That was classic Richo from the Gus Gould school of getting players to play for you.

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

I'm glad, I hope he goes there. Not a popular opinion but I think his signing carries massive risk. In our predicament overpaying is necessary, but it needs to be the right sort of player. He's not a proven 7. 

Missing out on AFB would be a kick in the guts though.

That’s not the way Richo sees it he just announced on sen the offer for AFB has been withdrawn. Luia is the priority 

ReplyQuote
(@yanni)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

Good move IMO. AFB is a great prop and miles better than we have, but for $1M not sure he is the golden ticket. Generally our pack is pretty good and some the young guys coming through, Pole, Sam F etc I am confident can make a positive contribution. Plus IMO not a plus from a cultural POV.

I think Laui is the target based on Richo's speech this morning. That was classic Richo from the Gus Gould school of getting players to play for you.

You are correct 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 883 / 933
Share: