Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

We need a mature half to create an environment that our young hall we can come into grade without the pressure to win games by themselves. Sullivan is too young an inconsistent despite his talent. We have latu, we have Galvin and the younger kids below that. We need a seasoned 7.

to be honest I thought Laurie was great at 6 last night, his pass selection was nice, his short kicking game was better than any tigers half I have seen since Benji and his defence was solid. I’m not that keen to rush latu into grade so I would be keen to go with a sezer/Laurie halves pairing to start next year to allow Latu to serve his apprenticeship 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@avocadoontoast Sullivan has potential but seems very off the cuff from what I have seen. Not sure he will make it long term in first grade.

I like him. He tore us up when we played them first time this year. Only young and has a lot of potential imo.

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@avocadoontoast Sullivan has potential but seems very off the cuff from what I have seen. Not sure he will make it long term in first grade.

I like him. He tore us up when we played them first time this year. Only young and has a lot of potential imo.

I wouldn't read too much into the crap attitude commentary for Sullivan, he did look great against us and in the other games he played in 1st grade. He has a wicked step and speed both in his running game and ball skills. Unless we have a Hunt, Munster type player we are holding out for I would not be against bringing him in, the attitude may be related to the coaching, I don't rate Griffin and the fact that it looked like Sullivan was out of favor with him makes me think he may be alright. TBH we need at least 4-5 younger potential halves, some will grow into other positions. We have one of the greatest halves to play the game (and recently) coaching the team so lets put our faith in his decisions. If Benji thinks it should be Sezer/Latu/Sullivan or whomever else than I'm all in.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@momo-amp-medo Good luck to Daine, was great in defense and attack for us last night and showed glimpses of what is possible for the Tigers if we can get a consistent above average halves combination in place. I don't think Daine staying would have been the best outcome for us or him.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

The club has made some very good decisions over the last 12-18 months and hope that continues but staying way clear of Sullivan. He is very inconsistent and terrible at defence. NO thanks from me 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

From Buzz
St George Illawarra have granted highly-rated halfback Jayden Sullivan permission to negotiate with rival clubs effectively immediately.

Sullivan met incoming coach Shane Flanagan on Wednesday and was told he was free to look elsewhere.

Sullivan’s manager Mario Tartak is now shopping the Dragons local junior to rival clubs, including Canterbury, Wests Tigers, and Newcastle.

While the Bulldogs appeared certain to sign him, coach Cameron Ciraldo has eased off after securing Toby Sexton from the Gold Coast.

The Tigers are now odds-on favourites to secure him.

Sullivan’s pay packet is in the $500,000 a season range and the Dragons may have to contribute to his next contract to make the halfback a more attractive option to rivals.

He had two more years left on his current deal.

Definitely take Sullivan. I think there is a very good half back in him. A pairing of Sullivan/Fainu would never lack in self confidence.

851 and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

1000%. It would be a very brave and adventurous thing to couple Sullivan and Fainu, but being conservative hasnt got us anywhere. Imagine what we would have thought about a Benji/Prince combination at the time. There is no doubting that Sullivan has talent. he has shown that at NRL level already. I would be disgusted if we were too scared and prefered Sezer to Sullivan for that reason.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think Sullivan 7 fainu 6 would be the way to go, worth a shot with Api at 9 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

1000%. It would be a very brave and adventurous thing to couple Sullivan and Fainu, but being conservative hasnt got us anywhere. Imagine what we would have thought about a Benji/Prince combination at the time. There is no doubting that Sullivan has talent. he has shown that at NRL level already. I would be disgusted if we were too scared and prefered Sezer to Sullivan for that reason.

Bit of a difference with that 05 spine to what you are suggesting for 2024. 

Prince had been around for a while and was 25. Had talent just a bad run with injuries still probably close to 100 games. They had Hodgo at the back with Benji and Farah. We’d have Bula, Sullivan, Fainu and Api. 3 rookies and 1 experienced player. It would be throwing the dice big time. 

Tiger5150 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Sullivan is a much better option than Sezer or Croft 

Not much out there 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

If Fainu is a given starter in 2024, I'd prefer a steady hand next to him rather than someone like Sullivan tbh. He's obviously got a heap of talent, but is a bit loose imo (at this stage anyway). 

Not against building depth though, or looking at him as more of a utility. Bit of a cap hit for that sort of profile mind. 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

Do you think we could sign Fainu,Sullivan and Sezer. We had no depth in the halves this year and have been abysmal. I actually feel sorry for Wakeham, we signed the Bulldogs NSW Cup 7 to be our NSW Cup 7 and people are mystified at how bad he's been. 

ReplyQuote
(@rex2ce)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@lorenzo remind me the last time Eels extended some goodwill toward us ?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @grovetiger

Do you think we could sign Fainu,Sullivan and Sezer. We had no depth in the halves this year and have been abysmal. I actually feel sorry for Wakeham, we signed the Bulldogs NSW Cup 7 to be our NSW Cup 7 and people are mystified at how bad he's been. 

I think wakeham will be ecstatic that he has played more first grade at Wests than in his whole career. He is actually pretty reasonable in most parts of the game but lacks a short kicking and has a few brain snaps. He’s played a World Cup and now 41 NRL games. He may get another year with us as a NSW cup backup or perhaps even jag a role in super league now that he has had more exposure. I’m sure he’s happy with how it’s all gone

GroveTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @rex2ce

@lorenzo remind me the last time Eels extended some goodwill toward us ?

never have never will and should they (or we) 

ReplyQuote
Page 778 / 1093
Share: