Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I wonder if the club might look at someone like jahrome luai as a potential 7 off contract end of 2024 ? could luai play 7 ? and Fainu 6

Brilliant 

From what I have seen of Luai he seems to be all about the swagger but not much else. A solid player but not a guy to rely on when things aren’t going well.

TigerSteve and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Assuming Fainu comes over, would be looking at a veteran stop gap for a year or two before assessing the pathways and potentially hitting the market again. 

Going with two rookies is not something I'd want us doing again (but could see Sheens doing this unfortunately). 

Even worse, throwing 3-4 years at one of these 1.5 grade guys (ie stuck between firsts and reserves a la Wakeham) would be an absolute disaster. 

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @wiz

Would you offer Trindall $750k per year for 3 years to break his contract? I would. He’d be perfect for us. 

That would be nice if he still didn’t have 2 years left at the sharks after this year

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@westy81 hence the “break his contract” part of my post.

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @wiz

@westy81 hence the “break his contract” part of my post.

Break a contract Westy?...Unheard of these days, players are loyal and are willing to forego cash to help their clubs out.

🤩 

851 and Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this.. We want an organizing half with some experience to be able to run the show and so most of the kicking game in order to take pressure of Latu Fainu (please announce signing soon) 

What about Brodie Croft

- 25 years old, Salford coming equal 3rd, faster than Wakeham, is that Cronk type (type not quality) halfback, surely would want to return to NRL..I feel he can easily steer the team around the park and do most of the kicking.. similar to Hastings.. thoughts?? 

I will say I have not watched one minute of his play in England so have no idea about current form. 

Mike, Tiger_Alex, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Looks likely that Laurie is heading to the Northern Hemisphere

https://www.totalrl.com/wests-tigers-fullback-daine-laurie-linked-with-two-super-league-clubs/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @chook

I feel he can easily steer the team around the park and do most of the kicking.. similar to Hastings.. thoughts?? 

Hey mate, Jackson Hastings also played for Salford so that's not going to give Croft much confidence to come here....could be irrelevant though.

Whilst Croft had some great games playing for the storm, when he was released to go to the Broncos he struggled somewhat under Anthony Seibold and also fell out of favour with Kevy Walters....What I can remember of him is he hangs his head when things aren't going to plan and gets frustrated.

He went overseas to reignite his career and is doing ok. If we snagged him it would be at the low end of the scale for a ½ as far as money goes imo.

I saw him put in a couple of grubbers and got resets which is hard to do over there with the small ingoals so if he could replicate that over here it would be a bonus considering we are hopeless in that area, constantly kicking the ball dead or into the arms of defenders.

He would be a slight upgrade over Wakeham I think. Unsure of Croft's current contract situation??

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Looks likely that Laurie is heading to the Northern Hemisphere

I read or heard he's not going to take that option mate, it was only in the last couple of days.

I guess if he plays really well in the halves whilst Brooks is out it could earn him a contract here. Can't see him being a gun like Hunt though.

Whatever happens to the lad I hope it all works out well for him because he's a lovely young fella.

I had a long chat to him about my indigenous background in the Brisbane meet and greet last year. We were laughing and having a great time.

851, MickeyB, Tiger_Alex and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this.. We want an organizing half with some experience to be able to run the show and so most of the kicking game in order to take pressure of Latu Fainu (please announce signing soon) 

What about Brodie Croft

- 25 years old, Salford coming equal 3rd, faster than Wakeham, is that Cronk type (type not quality) halfback, surely would want to return to NRL..I feel he can easily steer the team around the park and do most of the kicking.. similar to Hastings.. thoughts?? 

I will say I have not watched one minute of his play in England so have no idea about current form. 

His highlights in the UK look good, so I reached out to a good mate over there who is a very good judge. His opinion is that Croft would be the same as he was last time in the NRL. He doesn't think he would be up to it.

Personally I never rated Croft at all, but I'm always open minded about young halves who taste NRL, then spend a few years in Super League. Most come back better and more confident.

851, Mike and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Yep, all good points Crowsnest and Doug. I do remember that Broncos team... We lapped them by 50 at Leichhardt that year they were horrible. 

Will be interesting to see what direction the club (Benji) goes and to see what quality players come on the market. With Bula, Api/TDS and Latu (fingers crossed) and money in the bank we just need a one  quality half to fill that missing piece of the spine puzzle that we have. 

851 and Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@doug-heffernan about sums it up doug

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

we just need a one  quality half to fill that missing piece of the spine puzzle that we have. 

Can you play ½ mate, I'll throw some serious TPA your way if your good, like a fanta or coke yo-yo 🤣

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I believe if we go for a young half we have to identify certain traits in them first, then stick with them through the lows like Souths are with Ilias. Work on there mistakes and make them grow.

The traits I refer to above for me are:

1. Confidence. Must have some swagger about him.

2. Promising kicking game

3. Shown an ability to play straight, and pass short at the line turning opposition shoulder in.

If they have these 3 qualities, we can build the rest.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster is set to sign a three-year extension worth a reported $2.4 million to remain at the club over three years.

As the Sydney Morning Herald reported, Schuster informed the club late Monday night regarding his decision.

The news comes one day after the club signed Luke Brooks from the Wests Tigerson a four-year deal beginning in 2024.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, MickeyB and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 726 / 933
Share: