[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Mole:

REAL REASON BROOKS REJECTED TIGERS

So why did Luke Brooks reject the Tigers' offer of a three-year contract extension that would have almost certainly seen him finish his career a one-club man?

The truth is Brooks virtually had no option as the Tigers' offer was less than half the money he is currently on.

Brooks is on a $1.15m a season deal - money that is too high for the way he has been playing - and the Tigers offer was more around $550,000 a year.

The much-maligned halfback will now test the market but rival clubs won't offer him much more than the Tigers have despite his improved form in recent weeks.

if you are Brooks and you have to take 550k you may as well try and take it at a club that might play semi finals in the next 2 years. Big difference taking 550k at Tigers or 550k at Roosters as an example

Jedi I'm going to have to call BS on that one... our $$$ are just as good as anyone. We have to stop this narrative.

The fact would be he got his nose out of joint because the offer was half of what he is on currently. I would say finishing a career as a 1-club player would be beneficial after football life also.

Personally, I am happy the club made a fair market value offer to Brooks and am a little disappointed that he has snubbed his nose at it. Because even through some of the muck and the criticism from fans and media alike... the club has always backed Brooks and I personally believe there is an element of him owing the club.

Just my humble opinion.

550k in a good team vs 550k in our team, no brainer he signs with the better side for the same dollars. 

As far as market value that is yet to be determined if a club pays more than 550k then that is market value is what a club is prepared to pay

The club does not owe Brooks and neither does Brooks owe the club

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger we have a fair idea of his market value because no one has made him an offer outside of the Tigers.

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@jedi-tiger we have a fair idea of his market value because no one has made him an offer outside of the Tigers.

100%, He could have signed with any club after the 1st of November 2022

This post was modified 1 year ago by 851

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

550k in a good team vs 550k in our team, no brainer he signs with the better side for the same dollars. 

I think he may take less from elsewhere for a change of scenery. And good luck to him.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Brooks market value is what he will or will not be signed for in 2024.... 

if he doesn't get signed then it is zero, if he gets signed for 700k then his market value is 700k

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I think he may take less from elsewhere for a change of scenery. And good luck to him.

100% he should too, if he could get the same amount to go to Roosters if they moved on keary or walker why not, hell of an easier ride than the wests tigers tbh

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I don’t necessarily agree the original Brooks offer is unders as I would imagine that in most contract negotiations there is tooing and froing. Pretty common I imagine for a club to come in at $x (under what they probably can afford) then player manager to counter with a figure, then bounce back and forth until satisfactory figure agreed to. So a starting offer of $550K isn’t necessarily where the Tigers see his actual worth, just a kick off point for negotiations.

Reckon initial offers would be totally different to agreed final offers all the time in NRL but annoyed this one is playing out publically (thought we’d tightened up in this regard). Lee needs to keep his mouth closed as these negotiations need to be behind closed doors. Too many recent articles covering all this with senior management freely commenting to press on how it is going down.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @888

I don’t necessarily agree the original Brooks offer is unders as I would imagine that in most contract negotiations there is tooing and froing. Pretty common I imagine for a club to come in at $x (under what they probably can afford) then player manager to counter with a figure, then bounce back and forth until satisfactory figure agreed to. So a starting offer of $550K isn’t necessarily where the Tigers see his actual worth, just a kick off point for negotiations.

Reckon initial offers would be totally different to agreed final offers all the time in NRL but annoyed this one is playing out publically (thought we’d tightened up in this regard). Lee needs to keep his mouth closed as these negotiations need to be behind closed doors. Too many recent articles covering all this with senior management freely commenting to press on how it is going down.

to me the 3 years by the club is the stupid part, club should have only offered 2 years

851 and Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

if he doesn't get signed then it is zero, if he gets signed for 700k then his market value is 700k

market value is what people are willing to pay offer. At this point in time Brooks market value is $550K. Someone may pay more but there’s no competition. 

I could put my old test match table top game on eBay for $200. Market value for these is around $120. If I hold on and someone pays $200 it doesn’t mean the market value has changed it just means I got lucky. 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

market value is what people are willing to pay offer. At this point in time Brooks market value is $550K. Someone may pay more but there’s no competition. 

I could put my old test match table top game on eBay for $200. Market value for these is around $120. If I hold on and someone pays $200 it doesn’t mean the market value has changed it just means I got lucky. 

market value for halves would be 650k minimum. Brooks is taking a big risk knocking the Tigers offer back either he is calling the bluff of low balling or another club comes in and offers him more. If a club offers the same then that is his market value and he can decide to sign elsewhere he probably snaps up 550k at a stronger club tbh.

End of the day he gets paid what the market perceives his value to be and he is a 200 game half, so will be interesting to see where it lands. 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Brooks is taking a big risk knocking the Tigers offer back.

I agree mate. If he were to go England he could kill it but then he could end up between a rock and a hard place and find that an NRL return could see him low-balled.

• Another thing is he has a young family and being uprooted could cause problems which could mean he's eying off Townsend's spot and reunite with Payten 🤔

If I was still working I wouldn't turn my nose up at 160k a year let alone 600k which is how much I think he's worth as a tiger.

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Are old Test Match sets really worth $120? Damn, that's a lot for a game I think they are still producing?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Are old Test Match sets really worth $120? Damn, that's a lot for a game I think they are still producing?

you’ve got to have the 80s one. They changed the mechanics of the game. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jirskyr

you’ve got to have the 80s one. They changed the mechanics of the game. 

that game is great I had the 80's version what is different now ? those were the days test match and supporting balmain but then wait 89 brings back bad memories 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jedi-tiger I guess it  depends on the roster spot and it’s value % wise in reference to the cap . The rumours of the big 3 clubs looking at him to play 9 , can’t be that enticing , even if it is a chance to win a premiership . Of which there are absolutely no guarantees. Eg. The roosters this year . Widely tipped to be a juggernaut with an unmatched “all star” squad . Even the panthers have not just come back to the field , I’d dare say are pretty average in 2023. 
I just think this is manager stuff . Nothing more . We offer him 700k , and he’s locked in .

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 693 / 1067
Share: