Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

looking at the option out there apart from Hunt the others frawley Flanagan clune etc are all a backwards step compared to Brooks. 

Problem is if we sign him we still need a halves partner and not much there 

Looking at those options Brooks will stay at 7 unless we can somehow land Sam Walker from Easts. Fainu or Schuster at 6 is the best we're gonna get.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

looking at the option out there apart from Hunt the others frawley Flanagan clune etc are all a backwards step compared to Brooks. 

Problem is if we sign him we still need a halves partner and not much there 

Looking at those options Brooks will stay at 7 unless we can somehow land Sam Walker from Easts. Fainu or Schuster at 6 is the best we're gonna get.

agree with that, Sezer might be an option ?  but not sure about him tbh and his SL form. 

Schuster not sure on him as a 6, if he is the right 6 we need. 

Fainu up and coming player he could play 6 and let Brooks play 7 he seems the most likely for us to get. 

Sam Walker I was not keen I worried he couldn't get it done with a backline including tedesco and centres like manu and suali so how could he get it done at the Tigers?

But then I look at how well Brooks is playing under sheens and Marshall style of attack and go walker could play 7 under sheens and probably go ok. Upside is that Brooks could play that 6 role where he can run more which may help. Never know if hunt heads to Bondi they may release walker.... 

deep down I go we are probably left with Brooks 7 wakeham 6 for 2024 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

no no no no no. That will be completely unacceptable. We are literally a good half away from Top 8, maybe even better.

Joel Helmes and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

I wouldn’t mind seeing Te Maire Martin back at the club, paired up with Brooks. He’s quick, good vision and pass selection. I enjoyed watching him in our Under 20’s all those years ago, he was probably the best player in the comp back then. The Warriors have an abundance of halves going into next season, probably too many. He wouldn’t be on huge money, buy his contract (full freight and some) if he’s keen.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @salty

I wouldn’t mind seeing Te Maire Martin back at the club, paired up with Brooks. He’s quick, good vision and pass selection. I enjoyed watching him in our Under 20’s all those years ago, he was probably the best player in the comp back then. The Warriors have an abundance of halves going into next season, probably too many. He wouldn’t be on huge money, buy his contract (full freight and some) if he’s keen.

yeah after Hunt and Walker, the warriors are the most likely to lose a half given how stacked they are. I agree I think sheens/Benji would be perfect for walker. I’m not convinced hunt would be best for brooks (too dominant) but I’d take hubr over brooks if needed

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

no no no no no. That will be completely unacceptable. We are literally a good half away from Top 8, maybe even better.

as some have said maybe go after the Warriors

Martin 

Metcalfe

Volkman 

Martin and Metcalfe drawback is brooks has to play 7

Volkman means Brooks can play 6, don't know what to make of volkman  

agree though we can't run with Brooks and wakeham in 2024

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

No information but someone here mentioned maybe talau to manly talk and the yet Naden isn’t playing NRL might mean manly are trying for Naden over talau in exchange for a player like Fainu. Would explain a little more why talau has held his spot vs naden last couple of weeks. 

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Bateman looked good at 13 last week. If they think he can handle the defensive workload then I like the idea. Also makes the Frizell links make a bit more sense. 

I'm still wary re Brooks, at least as a 7. His running game is very good, especially when confident as he is now, but his organisation and kicking game are sorely lacking. Unfortunately Wakeham has the same issues as well. 

These are huge reasons as to why we're not converting these relatively good performances into wins - literally the biggest issue in the club right now. 

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @lestronge

@tiger5150 I think it shows how fickle and  reactionary most fans are to be honest . 
Well everyone except avo and Jedi . They’re like the north and South Pole in regards to brooks love lol

very true North and south pole in relation to Brooks lol Have to throw Celtic Tiger in the mix too, he said he would almost be done with the club if Brooks is re-signed. 

It also shows the wide gap between Brooks best and worst days.

And that has been the problem with Brooks for his whole career, hence no finals footy, and that is one reason why I wouldn't be too concerned if he walked

This post was modified 1 year ago by 851

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Turmoil at Wests Tigers claims key scalp

Turmoil at the Wests Tigers has claimed another scalp with a veteran recruitment manager leaving amid rumours of a split over the decision to offer Luke Brooks a new contract.

Brent Read
and
Michael Carayannis

Wests Tigers have parted ways with one of Tim Sheens most loyal lieutenants, recruitment manager Warren McDonnell.

His departure comes amid rumours that the club was split over the decision to offer Luke Brooks a new contract.

McDonnell, who has spent more than three decades at Wests and the Tigers across two stints, is believed to have split with the club on Wednesday morning.

Sheens was the driver behind his return to the club last year but his position has been under a cloud since the Tigers secured Scott Fulton from Manly.

McDonnell was responsible for signing some of the club’s most renowned players including Benji Marshall and Scott Prince.

Club officials privately dismissed those claims on Wednesday after it was put to them that Sheens and Marshall were responsible for the decision to offer Brooks a new two-year-deal when others were less than convinced.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Turmoil at the Wests Tigers has claimed another scalp with a veteran recruitment manager leaving amid rumours of a split over the decision to offer Luke Brooks a new contract.

Brent Read
and
Michael Carayannis

Wests Tigers have parted ways with one of Tim Sheens most loyal lieutenants, recruitment manager Warren McDonnell.

His departure comes amid rumours that the club was split over the decision to offer Luke Brooks a new contract.

McDonnell, who has spent more than three decades at Wests and the Tigers across two stints, is believed to have split with the club on Wednesday morning.

Sheens was the driver behind his return to the club last year but his position has been under a cloud since the Tigers secured Scott Fulton from Manly.

McDonnell was responsible for signing some of the club’s most renowned players including Benji Marshall and Scott Prince.

Club officials privately dismissed those claims on Wednesday after it was put to them that Sheens and Marshall were responsible for the decision to offer Brooks a new two-year-deal when others were less than convinced.

i don’t understand. McDonnell didn’t want brooks? 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Brent Read
and
Michael Carayannis

Division in the ranks me thinks. Power play by Pascoe and Lee to parachute Fulton in and wrestle control back from Sheens and McDonnell.

We’re still a rabble at the top end of the club 😡

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

Division in the ranks me thinks. Power play by Pascoe and Lee to parachute Fulton in and wrestle control back from Sheens and McDonnell.

We’re still a rabble at the top end of the club 😡

Pascoe & Lee can no longer say they have no influence on the field, that’s the football department’s responsibility…

If this torpedoes our season and we run 17th I expect both of them to resign…

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Not fussed about McDonnell tbh. The fact that we poached him from the real estate market rather than another club tells it's own story. 

The circumstances do seem strange, would like a more honest account than news ltd muckraking. 

Tiger5150, 851, Mercy Rule and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 680 / 1067
Share: