Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tiger_alex

would hope Scott Fulton is on the phone to Manly and looking to trade

Tommy Talau & Shaun Blore

for 

Latu Fainu 

if we send 2, why not try get both Fainu brothers to add to Sione.

we are asking for a potential gun half from manly think it will take 2 players from our end to make it happen and hope manly want to top up centre and second rower stocks

How long is his contract at Manly? We have to remember they already have Tommy for next year as well so not much in it for them with him. 

Good point about the Latu contract but Manly have only just let go of two young players under contract which shows that the contract might not matter.

Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake (both Tartak clients signed by Scott Fulton) were under contract and swapped for an Isaac Moses client in Aaron Woods in late March. The Talau (also managed by Moses) to Manly rumour popped up in early April which I think is no coincidence.

Seibold has form for loading his squad up with Moses clients. He did it at the Broncos so it would not surprise if it happens again now at Manly.

I'm confident Manly would consider swapping Latu for Talau and / or another WT player provided anyone coming from WT to Manly is a Moses client.

Sheens shouting Brooks praises at weekly press conferences is probably an up yours to Fulton who is doing all he can to get Latu Fainu to the club.

Who else do we have managed by Moses? 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Great discussion on the pod today on how the top 17 is increasingly becoming one that picks themselves long term. In terms of players who I think can be part of a top 4 roster in a year or two:

1. Bula

3. Naden

4. Toa

5. Tupou

6. Brooks

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. stefano

11. papi

12. Bateman

15. Pole

Da Silva seems like he will be the 14 coming into next season and there is some room for some young middles to make a claim on a bench spot if they continue to improve like Pole has this year but aside from that we really only have to invest in a 7 and 13 and you have big dollars to spend on marquees in those positions. I still tend to think the Roosters are likely to make some big changes to their roster at the end of this year so there might be a chance for a walker or a smith leaving the roosters. Otherwise hunt would be perfect for the next few years. After that then the young kids know they have to knock the door down form wise to make it to first grade. Good times ahead.

851 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Great discussion on the pod today on how the top 17 is increasingly becoming one that picks themselves long term. In terms of players who I think can be part of a top 4 roster in a year or two:

1. Bula

3. Naden

4. Toa

5. Tupou

6. Brooks

8. Klemmer

9. Api

10. stefano

11. papi

12. Bateman

15. Pole

Da Silva seems like he will be the 14 coming into next season and there is some room for some young middles to make a claim on a bench spot if they continue to improve like Pole has this year but aside from that we really only have to invest in a 7 and 13 and you have big dollars to spend on marquees in those positions. I still tend to think the Roosters are likely to make some big changes to their roster at the end of this year so there might be a chance for a walker or a smith leaving the roosters. Otherwise hunt would be perfect for the next few years. After that then the young kids know they have to knock the door down form wise to make it to first grade. Good times ahead.

Yeah the target for Da Silva is that bench spot for next year, playing around 25 minutes a game.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/tigers-ready-to-offload-stars/cliip7cug001c0jp7pdofrqfm

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Nofa, simpkin and blore

The first 2 make sense - given the $$ nofa is on, qnd is Da Silva will take Jakes 14 spot

But I think Blore has to take Seyfarths position.

You do need some quality depth in case of injury..... (see halves)

Top 8 2023

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Blore should be in the 17 now in place of Seyfarth. A no brainer really.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

interesting Danny weidler on ch 9 seems to think the following players are being shopped around

Nofo

Jake simpkin

Shaun blore

if they move on all three would think you re-sign Staines and divert the long service allowance all on Brooks salary

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Blore needs more game time in firsts before we consider a trade.

MickeyB and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I can only imagine Blore isn’t showing enough at training. I can’t really understand why hasn’t got a better run in NRL

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

interesting Danny weidler on ch 9 seems to think the following players are being shopped around

Nofo

Jake simpkin

Shaun blore

if they move on all three would think you re-sign Staines and divert the long service allowance all on Brooks salary

Klem and API both qualify for the allowance as well.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

if we are not going to use blore then trade him like joffa wqs there might be some trade value for blore unlike the likes of seyfarth etc 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I don't mind getting rid of players but there has to be a strategy to replace them. Hastings would have been handy this year (off contract this year anyway) and Joffa would have been a lot better than Seyfarth on Friday night. If Blore isn't in our future plans fine, but don't replace him with someone worse like we have with Joffa. It's stupid.

Eastiemagpie and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

if we are not going to use blore then trade him like joffa wqs there might be some trade value for blore unlike the likes of seyfarth etc 

We need a 7 and maybe a 13. My guess is the club still has plans for Matamua at 13 but maybe that is a 12/18month prospect. My wish list would be a Fainu or Walker to play 7 and I’d take a Frizelle for 18months to shuffle back row around.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Idk with Blore, I had high hopes but they have faded. See if we could swap him back at panthers for Garner and it’s a win win situation. Importantly would find a possible ball playing lock. 

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @Anonymous

Idk with Blore, I had high hopes but they have faded. See if we could swap him back at panthers for Garner and it’s a win win situation. Importantly would find a possible ball playing lock. 

Geez I don't want Garner back at any price.

ReplyQuote
Page 676 / 1067
Share: