Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

From Carayannis at DT

OUT-OF-FAVOUR TIGER ON LOOKOUT FOR NEW CLUB

Tigers back-rower Shawn Blore could be on the look-out for a new club. Rival NRL clubs as well as Super League teams have been made aware Blore could be available – even potentially mid-season.

Blore played five of the opening six games for the Tigers but has not been seen in first grade since then. The 22-year-old burst onto the scene as a big-hitting back-rower but missed the entire 2022 season after rupturing his ACL in the pre-season. Blore still has 12 months left on his deal.

Wow that would be a hard to pill to swallow. Letting Joffa go and pushing Blore out, all the while maintaining Seyfarth in first grade.

851, Mike, Tigerlily and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

Da Silva didn’t get trimmed from the team list when it was cut from from 22 to 19 just now. Interesting. 

851, Jedi Tiger, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

From Carayannis at DT

Tigers back-rower Shawn Blore could be on the look-out for a new club. Rival NRL clubs as well as Super League teams have been made aware Blore could be available – even potentially mid-season.

Blore played five of the opening six games for the Tigers but has not been seen in first grade since then. The 22-year-old burst onto the scene as a big-hitting back-rower but missed the entire 2022 season after rupturing his ACL in the pre-season. Blore still has 12 months left on his deal.

Wow that would be a hard to pill to swallow. Letting Joffa go and pushing Blore out, all the while maintaining Seyfarth in first grade.

Im getting the same vibes when we cut Andrew Fifita. You could see he had massive potential but there was obviously something behind the scenes which wasn’t settled. I still think he can be a huge asset, just needs to string some first grade games together.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @skippa13

From Carayannis at DT

Im getting the same vibes when we cut Andrew Fifita. You could see he had massive potential but there was obviously something behind the scenes which wasn’t settled. I still think he can be a huge asset, just needs to string some first grade games together.

I would say it’s a case of the money he’s on/wants isn’t commensurate with his output. The revolution continues.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Cqtiger and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @skippa13

From Carayannis at DT

Agree with you but its hard for him to string some games together if he cant get picked in first grade

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@wiz hope Da Silva plays he will be a gun

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

That’s not great news about Blore. I’d be very surprised if it’s an attitude problem and he wouldn’t be on big dollars. Weird

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

From Carayannis at DT

I wouldn't be too upset if Blore left with a year to go on his contract. Had plenty of injuries and apart from a tackle on Nathan Brown hasn't done a great deal. 

LoganR21, 851 and Rex2ce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Talau for Sipley rumour on the other forum . 
I can see Talau dropping off tomorrow for Naden . And Da Silva , IMO won’t get a run unless Api has both legs broken .

Talau , swap and maybe another half/ utlility would complete our squad balance much better . Dare to dream Fainu and Sipley ? 
Also finally , I watched the cowboys game again and I think the engaging the line that Joe O did , Twal and Klemmer both did to the same degree of success as Joe O. 
So if other middles can at least match that output and precision , I think another middle who can find his front , or offer more strike in his runs , has to be on the cards . 
Too often , and I love Joe , but this is just the truth , he would find himself loose the collision and get put on his back , or driven back , totally ruining our set. 
His middle defence at times can be leaky as well. 
I get we love our own , but I’m very much firmly in the camp of this is the right choice , because last year , the exact same things happened in regards to the collision, only , to Joes toughness and credit , he kept rolling his sleeves up for dirty work. 
I think the club didn’t think a klemmer type or Bateman type would be available , because honestly when have they ever been ? And for us?

this has all been said before by many , but it absolutely is the right choice . 
Just my 2 cents . 

Forever 9th, 851, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I like Sipley and would prefer him to Talau in the squad but where does he fit in our pack? Replaces Seyfarth I guess?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
 Wiz
(@wiz)
Junior Pathways

@tiger5150 that’s exactly where he’d fit and it would be perfect. 

IMO it would be a performance upgrade for probable less cost (I am guessing Sipley would be on quite a bit less than Joe).  

851 and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I know how it worked out for Joffa, but Sipley only just re-signed with Manly in February this year until the end of 2025. I cant see this one being real.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I know how it worked out for Joffa, but Sipley only just re-signed with Manly in February this year until the end of 2025. I cant see this one being real.

Saw that too and also surprised he's 28. Only 50 odd games in NRL. Late bloomer.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

doubt it is true it was from misty muzzle aka smoking gun. Now claiming we are after Olakau'atu ....

I think despite the comments it is still koula we are after and probably fainu. Koula didn't have a good game last week for manly, so maybe already one foot out the door ?

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

doubt it is true it was from misty muzzle aka smoking gun. Now claiming we are after Olakau'atu ....

I think despite the comments it is still koula we are after and probably fainu. Koula didn't have a good game last week for manly, so maybe already one foot out the door ?

Sounds like a lot of speculation over not much at all....

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 673 / 941
Share: