Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

What's everyone's thoughts on letting Joffa go after that game?

I think he did really well being moved to 13 and letting Pole come off the bench - plus what he brings off the field for the team as a glue guy can't be understated.

For me - we should keep him

Top 8 2023

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

I think he did really well being moved to 13 and letting Pole come off the bench - plus what he brings off the field for the team as a glue guy can't be understated.

Should never had been allowed to go. One of our best both on and off the field. 

851, Westy81 and Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @frullens

its a really weird move, I dont understand it. I feel for him.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Joffa is a keeper. I can’t make sense of the decision to let him go.

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Joffa is great but he isn’t a starting prop in this team and we have quality forwards on much less money that we can’t find a spot in the 17. It’s just good roster management 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Just read a weird post from a Parra fan on another forum that the Tigers ahve let Joffa go, to try to get Frizzell. I seriously doubt it but would be one of the few reasons that would make this decision make sense.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Just read a weird post from a Parra fan on another forum that the Tigers ahve let Joffa go, to try to get Frizzell. I seriously doubt it but would be one of the few reasons that would make this decision make sense.

gosh frizzell would help the team plenty if true.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Where is Frizell going to play? I don't understand that one at all. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

I was told this at the game tonight.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Wests Tigers are considering making a play for Newcastle veteran Tyson Frizell who is on the cusp of an Origin recall.
The Tigers will have about $500,000 salary cap freed up next year as soon as they allow Joe Ofahengaue to join the Eels immediately. The decision to grant Ofahengaue a release from the remaining two-and-a-half years of his contract has now opened the door for the club to potentially make a move for Frizell who is off-contract at the end of the season.

From the Telegraph

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

SPOTTED

Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis, CEO Justin Pascoe, new recruitment boss Scott Fulton and player agent Mario Tartak dining at Totti’s Rozelle last week, no doubt discussing potential recruits for next year and beyond. Interesting in that Tim Sheens and demoted head of recruitment Warren McDonnell were not invited.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry

this seems wrong. Surely joffa allows Blore to come into the 17. Where is frizelle going to play? He’s not a lock.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

this seems wrong. Surely joffa allows Blore to come into the 17. Where is frizelle going to play? He’s not a lock.

maybe Bateman moves to 13 and frizelle in the second row ?

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Bateman is absolutely killing it where he is.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Bateman is absolutely killing it where he is.

I know he is playing great but frizelle would add plenty to our pack, even if they play him from the bench. We tend to lose a bit of momentum when klemmer and stef go off for a rest, frizelle would help with that rotation and can play middle or second row. If we can get him for the right price he is worth it. 

ReplyQuote
Page 656 / 1067
Share: