Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Posted by: @tiger5150

with Davey injured maybe parramatta might become more desperate on Monday for Joffa, they can hopefully sharpen there pencil for what part of joffa's 2024 salary they will pay

Surely they are paying all of his outstanding salary?

think but don't know for sure we are paying 300k of a supposed 600k salary fir 2024 and parramatta paying all 600k of 2025 salary 

We will never learn. We should not be paying a cent.

851 and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

with Davey injured maybe parramatta might become more desperate on Monday for Joffa, they can hopefully sharpen there pencil for what part of joffa's 2024 salary they will pay

think but don't know for sure we are paying 300k of a supposed 600k salary fir 2024 and parramatta paying all 600k of 2025 salary 

On what basis?

IMO it is more likely we are paying none of his freight.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

I’m ok with the brooks thing , as long as we get a proper gun junior half in . I mean I don’t even care if we fast track large or Conti . 
But if we sign another Hastings type , with brooks , basically spinning the mediocrity wheel , then we have lost the plot . That includes Mitch Pearce and whoever . 
We need a succession plan and a spark of some kind . Johnson would have been nice . 
Schuster is looking pretty appealing right now …urgh! 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Exactly… plus we should be getting someone in return. Inept negotiating skills. 

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

On what basis?

IMO it is more likely we are paying none of his freight.

hope you are right

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

No matter who are our half’s for next year we need a half coach someone like a Matty Johns or James Maloney. With out one we will be where we are now. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @kenny4517

No matter who are our half’s for next year we need a half coach someone like a Matty Johns or James Maloney. With out one we will be where we are now. 

You know we have Benji as a coach?

Top 8 2023

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@frullens Had him around for a while and it hasn't worked wonders. I reckon we still need a dedicated halves coach as Benji would be learning to run the whole team and all the other bits and pieces. Probably has enough on his plate.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Kurt Falls anyone?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @mike

I’m happy not getting anyone in return if we have someone lined up from another club 

jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mike

How do you logic that? Most early releases are not players swaps.

So if the Snakes want Joffa, there is no way they would be trading us for another forward. That leaves only the backs. Who then says that Snakes (a) have a back that they can afford to release, or (b) have a back that we want, or (c) that we want to take on another back at all?

ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Not many options out there though most have said no. Club is trying to sign him for a deal they are comfortable with and keep in the lookout for a 6 or 7 partner. 

Brooks is super fortunate AD is injured otherwise he may well have been moved on but that is not the case. In Brooks you have a guy who doesn't want to particularly leave sydney or go to u.k. so I guess from his perspective he is in no rush. 

It is not just Sheens making decisions benji would tick it off too and so would Fulton who has only been here 3 weeks. 

I think some fans were calm about it when they thought because nothing was happening (e.g. not in the DT SMH or foxsports) he would be shown the door.

I don't think they woke up this morning and have decided to sign Brooks I think this has been in the background a few weeks just not played out in the media. 

That's my point too. I'm not in a hurry to sign Brooks but the fact is we've been turned down by several halfbacks recently. And AD is long-term injured.

The alternative is to let Brooks go and play, what, Wakeham and Smith in the halves? That's a true madness, regardless of the history w Brooks.

851, Jedi Tiger, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Not many options out there though most have said no. Club is trying to sign him for a deal they are comfortable with and keep in the lookout for a 6 or 7 partner. 

Brooks is super fortunate AD is injured otherwise he may well have been moved on but that is not the case. In Brooks you have a guy who doesn't want to particularly leave sydney or go to u.k. so I guess from his perspective he is in no rush. 

It is not just Sheens making decisions benji would tick it off too and so would Fulton who has only been here 3 weeks. 

I think some fans were calm about it when they thought because nothing was happening (e.g. not in the DT SMH or foxsports) he would be shown the door.

I don't think they woke up this morning and have decided to sign Brooks I think this has been in the background a few weeks just not played out in the media. 

That's my point too. I'm not in a hurry to sign Brooks but the fact is we've been turned down by several halfbacks recently. And AD is long-term injured.

The alternative is to let Brooks go and play, what, Wakeham and Smith in the halves? That's a true madness, regardless of the history w Brooks.

This is reality.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

That try is the future !

Brooks kicking for Bula 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

That’s his best game since his debut by a significant margin. So great.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 655 / 1067
Share: