Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@garry no way mate,Schuster is a game breaker lazy but he can break a game apart when he is on. Is he a 6 probably not, probably a 13 but doubt he would play there. 

As far as Joffa the person goes  he is a big loss I mean you go to training so you would see all of the Joffa things he does and things like that more than me, but he is in a position we do have some depth in. 

I hope Joffa does well but if it's parramatta not too well. 

We only just got rid of the guys with poor attitude, why would you want to bring more in now?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

CanberraTiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@garry I know I hear what you are saying Schuster attitude can be dodgy but benji seems to like him. Also with the uncertainty with Brooks and AD injury they need a 6 heading our way. 

Personally I would rather Schuster play 13 but I can see him doing a Hastings and saying he is a 6 and we are stuck. Deep down I think Manly want to remove a problem which we can do hence the top 30 spot. 

I am terrified of 2024 a halves pairing of 

7. Brooks

6. Schuster 

and or

7. Johnson 

6. Schuster 

but i think the way it is looking that might be the best options we can get. 

Preference would be 

11. Papali

12. Bateman

13. Schuster

7. Johnson

6  Brooks 

The real target I think is Koula who is still unsigned by manly for 2025 and rugby Australia. 

If it means taking Schuster and getting Koula i am OK with it 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike we are a bit light on in the backs to not play talau though. If naden was fit then I agree

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike we are a bit light on in the backs to not play talau though. If naden was fit then I agree

We have enough centers to cover Talau gone. Talau would be no great loss. Joffa is. 

Naden is fit, just suspended. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike we have blore, matamua who can't get a run and are cheaper than Joffa. The club probably of the belief they can cover the spot at a cheaper rate. 

This year who plays centre if we have an injury we are struggling, talau, to'oa, kepoa, naden pretty skinny if we have injuries. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mike

We have enough centers to cover Talau gone. Talau would be no great loss. Joffa is. 

Naden is fit, just suspended. 

The Talau to Manly stuff is reminiscent of Tuilagi - no announcement made by either club.

I think Schuster coming here at all, let alone in 23, is long odds.

Interesting that Garry heard that the rumours of Joe O’s departure are premature given some of the reports earlier today.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

@mike we have blore, matamua who can't get a run and are cheaper than Joffa. The club probably of the belief they can cover the spot at a cheaper rate. 

This year who plays centre if we have an injury we are struggling, talau, to'oa, kepoa, naden pretty skinny if we have injuries. 

Maybe Feledy comes into calculations too?

Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy forgot about feledy mate how has he been playing ?

ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @lestronge

Could the Schuster stuff be happening in the background ? 
remember it wasn’t but 3 weeks ago , getting him was all but a formality ?

I have no info , but disgruntled half , with a rich history with our new GM. And people like Anasta a few weeks ago saying it was all but guaranteed .We release a middle , which we haven’t been any stronger at any point in our whole history IMO. Frees up a lot of money …. For an overpriced half ? 
Just speculating …. 

Something's happening for sure. This has all happened since Fulton came on board so it would make sense. I hope so. I think Johnson/Schuster playing behind this pack could be potent.

Whilst not ideal, it would be a massive upgrade on our current pair, and any combination moving forward should not include Brooks, lets hope Fulton puts an end to this fascination with Brooks at the club

This post was modified 1 year ago by 851

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @851

Posted by: @lestronge

Could the Schuster stuff be happening in the background ? 
remember it wasn’t but 3 weeks ago , getting him was all but a formality ?

I have no info , but disgruntled half , with a rich history with our new GM. And people like Anasta a few weeks ago saying it was all but guaranteed .We release a middle , which we haven’t been any stronger at any point in our whole history IMO. Frees up a lot of money …. For an overpriced half ? 
Just speculating …. 

Something's happening for sure. This has all happened since Fulton came on board so it would make sense. I hope so. I think Johnson/Schuster playing behind this pack could be potent.

Whilst not ideal, it would be a massive upgrade on our current pair, and any combination moving forward should not include Brooks, lets hope Fulton puts an end to this fascination with Brooks at the club

surely the fact that haven’t even started talking with Brooks yet is a sign he is done at the club. 

Johnston/Schuster isn’t idea but definitely better than anything we have at the club at the moment 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

DT reporting the Joffa release delayed because we want him to play on the weekend due to Pole being sick. Absolutely bizarre if true.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Where is this Benji loves Schuster stuff coming from? 

The only thing I have heard is that he gave him a wrap after his debut against us.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

DT reporting the Joffa release delayed because we want him to play on the weekend due to Pole being sick. Absolutely bizarre if true.

We are a bizarre organisation.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @canberratiger

Where is this Benji loves Schuster stuff coming from? 

The only thing I have heard is that he gave him a wrap after his debut against us.

Yeah, I think that is the extent of it.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

So we need Joffa to stay cos Pole is sick. What happens if we have an injury next week?

851, Mike, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 648 / 1067
Share: