Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@eastiemagpie I said in the preseason of all our forwards he was the only one with some trade value (coming off a good season) and in the one position we have plenty of depth in. Players like Twal have kicked on and going great under a new coach.

This makes plenty of sense from a cap management point of view, we can't be spending 650k on a forward like Joffa when we have Papali on about 650k

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@eastiemagpie I said in the preseason of all our forwards he was the only one with some trade value (coming off a good season) and in the one position we have plenty of depth in. Players like Twal have kicked on and going great under a new coach.

This makes plenty of sense from a cap management point of view, we can't be spending 650k on a forward like Joffa when we have Papali on about 650k

We have plenty of cap space with Brooks' $1.1m

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry what we don't have is a top 30 spot this year hence joffa moving on. 

if you need to shake the tree and get Schuster early we now have the space. 

Don't be so sure Brooks won't be here in 2024 so you are right that 1.1 million down to 600k is 500k in cap space to sign another player.. 

Koula is still on Fulton's radar 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry 650k for joffa is a bad deal, considering we pay Ice roughly the same mate

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry 650k for joffa is a bad deal, considering we pay Ice roughly the same mate

So you rubbish Brooks'reported salary for 12 months but believe this one?

851 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

If Joffa does leave and it's around $600k, that's $1.7m of free cap next year for just those two. We can easily get Johnson and Schuster and have money left over.

hsvjones and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @garry

So you rubbish Brooks'reported salary for 12 months but believe this one?

Absolute gold.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry well what was Brooks salary was it 900k that rothfield posted or wait was it 1.3 million or wait was it 1.1 million....

He couldn't get his story right to start with but because it's Brooks well it must be true for some and not questioned despite fluctuating figures. 

In this case we have had one instance of what the salary of joffa is and it is as I said allegedly 450k this year and 650k 2024 and 2025. If this particular journalist comes out and changes his mind on the figures (like rothfield had done with brooks 3 times)  then I will stand corrected. 

Putting salary aside we obviously need the spot (a position we have plenty of depth in)  for a player coming our way and that player is likely Schuster. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If Joffa does leave and it's around $600k, that's $1.7m of free cap next year for just those two. We can easily get Johnson and Schuster and have money left over.

In keeping up your theme of anyone but Brooks who knows it may be

7. Kyle Flanagan

6. Schuster 

and have money left over...

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike a top 30 space

Get on the phone to ben hunt 

Schuster will be a disaster as a 6 for us. He would make the perfect 13 though

Thats a terrible trade. We are absolutely hopeless. We got nothing in return

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@garry well what was Brooks salary was it 900k that rothfield posted or wait was it 1.3 million or wait was it 1.1 million....

He couldn't get his story right to start with but because it's Brooks well it must be true for some and not questioned despite fluctuating figures. 

In this case we have had one instance of what the salary of joffa is and it is as I said allegedly 450k this year and 650k 2024 and 2025. If this particular journalist comes out and changes his mind on the figures (like rothfield had done with brooks 3 times)  then I will stand corrected. 

Putting salary aside we obviously need the spot (a position we have plenty of depth in)  for a player coming our way and that player is likely Schuster. 

I'd prefer Joffa for 10 years than Schuster for one.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mike

@mike a top 30 space

Get on the phone to ben hunt 

Schuster will be a disaster as a 6 for us. He would make the perfect 13 though

Thats a terrible trade. We are absolutely hopeless. We got nothing in return

we are obviously waiting for a player to come over this year for 2023, it wouldn't be an internal promotion as all the top 30 can now play. 

Moving Joffa on is more to do with freeing up the spot for an external player than anything else. 

It also means some of joffa's cash can go towards that player they get in.

You would think that player has to be Schuster with the Fulton connection. 

Schuster is then an upgrade on Wakeham even if it is as a 6.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry no way mate,Schuster is a game breaker lazy but he can break a game apart when he is on. Is he a 6 probably not, probably a 13 but doubt he would play there. 

As far as Joffa the person goes  he is a big loss I mean you go to training so you would see all of the Joffa things he does and things like that more than me, but he is in a position we do have some depth in. 

I hope Joffa does well but if it's parramatta not too well. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

They could have moved on Talau instead, who had already signed with Manly and I understand they want him now if they can. That also would have freed up a top 30 spot. Just terrible player management by the club.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Joffa is playing for the Tigers on Saturday.

Interestingly Lucy may play for the cowboys as he is free to return.

ReplyQuote
Page 647 / 1067
Share: