Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think brooks to England , Saunders/Johnson , joffa to eels , is some astute sign and trades . 
The reality though with a Saunders type is you do need someone who has experience . 
Whilst I completely understand the “anyone but brooks” sentimentality , the reality is you need someone with experience next to a young gun . 
The Johnson stuff is a really good bridge there . I’m not sure it’s actually realistic though .So that leaves you with an ex SL  oldie looking for one last year , Maybe Ben hunt , huge long shot there ,maybe Townsend ??? , or …… brooks . 
I dunno , he’s definitely lost all creativity he had in his youth , but he can do a job. 
Now here’s the thing to add to that ! How good would brooks be at passing on the knowledge he has . Because he looks like a guy who’s playing halfback by numbers , which means he knows what’s supposed to happen in any given situation . Execution is his big issue . He might be amazing in a mentor role . 
If this is the plan moving forward , the ability to mentor and reduce the amount of time needed for whoever the young gun is , is absolutely paramount . Not just for that kid (eg. Saunders) , but also because they f how that affects the timeline , of Large , Da Silva and even a conti type .

For me I personally don’t care if he’s the second coming of Andrew John’s , or  a Paint by numbers halfback. All that matters is that we have a succession plan and that we execute it correctly  this time . Not like the botch job we did with the big 4 . 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 then if Brooks takes 500k it is a no brainer he stays

You deadset have to be Brooksy's agent 😆 

Jedi Tiger, The Last Ronin, MickeyB and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I like Joffa, but we have a fair few young middle forwards coming through. If we can get someone in a position of need (pretty much anywhere along the backline), then I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go. Doesn't necessarily have to be someone from Parramatta - other clubs will be wheeling and dealing over the next 6 weeks too. 

851, Joel Helmes and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigerlily

@avocadoontoast no huge loss if joffa goes he is a position we have plenty of depth in

I think Joffa will be a huge loss to our forward pack as Sheens doesn’t seem to have much faith in our younger crop of guys at this stage.

Blore and Matamua are constantly over looked for the likes of Seyfarth and AJ as our bench rotation which I think is very telling.

I think we're about to find out if Sheens has faith in the young forwards if Joffa is allowed to leave. I'd be happy to let him go personally because these young guys you mention have much more to offer.

Joffa managed by Isaac Moses for those interested. Would be keen to know if this talk has been driven by the agent or the club? I wonder if Manly show an interest shortly given they are only signing Moses clients since Seibold signed on.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I would hang on to Joffa. Although he appears to be down on form or maybe carrying an injury he has a lot to offer. His best position is 13, can tackle, can ball play and can take the dirty hitups. For mine he starts at 13 with Pole on the bench.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@the-last-ronin the price and the fact AD is injured for most of 2024

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger unfortunately not, if I was Isaac Moses I would have steered young Mitch to the Tigers

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Maybe joffa going is freeing up space for a mid season move for Ben Hunt

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

IMG 3007

Looks like something’s going on with player movement as Aitasi James has been added to the WT official team list.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

likely swap from Parramatta  would be Haze Dunster (benji's cousin)

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

I'd let Joffa go if we got the young talented halfback Sanders.

We certainly need some better organising halfback prospects.

I also believe Blore is better suited to the middle, i'm thinking 13 would be great for him. He used to play 13 in juniors and even junior reps. Also think it may be his lateral movement on the edges that has the question marks on him.

Pole is just a star on the rise, he has the fuel tank to start at 13 then move into prop rotation. This can give the likes of Matamua or Blore the chance to come on at 13 off the bench.

851, Joel Helmes, Doug Heffernan and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @lestronge

I think brooks to England , Saunders/Johnson , joffa to eels , is some astute sign and trades . 
The reality though with a Saunders type is you do need someone who has experience . 
Whilst I completely understand the “anyone but brooks” sentimentality , the reality is you need someone with experience next to a young gun . 
The Johnson stuff is a really good bridge there . I’m not sure it’s actually realistic though .So that leaves you with an ex SL  oldie looking for one last year , Maybe Ben hunt , huge long shot there ,maybe Townsend ??? , or …… brooks . 
I dunno , he’s definitely lost all creativity he had in his youth , but he can do a job. 
Now here’s the thing to add to that ! How good would brooks be at passing on the knowledge he has . Because he looks like a guy who’s playing halfback by numbers , which means he knows what’s supposed to happen in any given situation . Execution is his big issue . He might be amazing in a mentor role . 
If this is the plan moving forward , the ability to mentor and reduce the amount of time needed for whoever the young gun is , is absolutely paramount . Not just for that kid (eg. Saunders) , but also because they f how that affects the timeline , of Large , Da Silva and even a conti type .

For me I personally don’t care if he’s the second coming of Andrew John’s , or  a Paint by numbers halfback. All that matters is that we have a succession plan and that we execute it correctly  this time . Not like the botch job we did with the big 4 . 

Sanders (no u) is still a kid. I think he is still eligible for SG Ball. He will be 2026 at the earlist. Long way off.

lestronge and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Are the opinions on Iverson Matai?

1 or 2 games from he bench and has now forced Zane Camroux to the fullback role for Matai to start at 6.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@the-last-ronin the price and the fact AD is injured for most of 2024

both should be irrelevant in my opinion. He’s not bringing what he should on the field and that’s all that should really matter. 

Basically you’re saying we should take him because there is no other option. If that’s the case he can hang around on a train and trial until near the start of next season to make sure he is the last resort. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tiger_alex we need to give those two more of a run. If we want to develop players we need to let them have a chance to develop in the top grade

ReplyQuote
Page 644 / 938
Share: