Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Walker is a funny one. The kid had huge wraps on him but he struggled in first grade. He is very small and doesn’t have a long kicking game. Maybe he is struggling in the roosters system but I’m not sure we will need to pay “overs” for him. Every other club already has a settled 7 except perhaps bulldogs but they have gone all in on that young 7. We pretty much are the only option if he leaves roosters unless he goes to NQ and chad is forced out.

i dont think people understand how young he is. This is Walkers third season in NRL, he has played more than 50 NRL games and hasnt turned 21 yet. Lots of upside.

851, CanberraTiger, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I believe Dolphins are a big chance of getting Sam Walker. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Report today that Parra might be letting Jake Arthur leave for another club. Please dont let it be us but I cant think who else it would be.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 we would be the only club that gives him more chance of playing first grade.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @kenny4517

They were saying on triple m today that the Dolphins have already been approached and said no.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @kenny4517

They were saying on triple m today that the Dolphins have already been approached and said no.

1. Wayne Bennett is very good at saying one thing and doing the opposite over the years,Time will tell where Sam Walker will be playing. 

851 and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The thing is, all teams have better 7s than us. If walker doesn’t come here then wherever he goes there is a 7 looking for a new club. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@kenny4517 to be fair Katoa is killing it !  And  Sullivan was a great foil for him . 
Qld club wise , The titans are set with Boyd/ Sexton . Dearden is the only good thing happening in the cowboys halves , Reynolds whilst old , is absolutely Pivotel to the broncos , and Walker isn’t a Reynolds type . Funnily enough I could see Madden being developed into a Reynolds lite . 
So there’s not much of a spot up there . 
I think the knights would go hard for him, same as the raiders . 
The dogs are locked in to Oliapu and Burton , the Rabbits are going all in , Penrith are locked , Sharks are locked in, St George have their halves , they just need to get rid of Thier coach and on and on it goes . 
There’s only 3 clubs lacking halves . Us the knights and the Raiders . And we arnt the club that just paid Hastings 900k for

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

cowboys might make a play for Walker and let townsend go who knows

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

How much would you offer Walker??

I would go 1.2M. I reckon we would have to and we have more than enough from what I can tell

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

NQ can’t afford walker. We’d be able to offer multiples more than them.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@canberratiger I know halves are rare at the moment and he’s a potential talent but that seems high for someone who’s played 50 first grade games. Around 800k would be fair

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@canberratiger I know halves are rare at the moment and he’s a potential talent but that seems high for someone who’s played 50 first-grade games. Around 800k would be fair

Agreed but would he even bother looking at the Wests Tigers for 800K?

The Dolphins may be able to get him for 800k because of Bennett and being in Qld but not us.

Also, what are the alternatives? I would rather pay him 1.2M and have a long-term solution than pay a veteran 900k and then be on the look for a half again in 2 years.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

NQ can’t afford walker. We’d be able to offer multiples more than them.

I agree, with Taumalolo, Holmes, Leilua and others soaking up cap they’d be pretty hamstrung I reckon.

The big question is, is Walker the guy you break the bank for?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@helmesy He's only 20 and has huge upside and I don't think he's really ever fit in with how the Roosters play. We have $1m free at the end of the season with Brooks off contract, I think chuck it at Walker. We still have money left over to bring in an additional 6.

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 635 / 1067
Share: