Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@avocadoontoast LOL ! At least youre consistent . Love it !

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@avocadoontoast But at least it goes . I’m pretty sure some of the options raised would lead to us having to enquire about concession cards, and bus passes haha .

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@the-last-ronin God knows who plays 7 expecting an experienced 7

I think that signing will be the key. If we get an experienced half I can see Brooks hanging around as a 6. 

TigerTownSFS reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @lestronge

@the-last-ronin no disrespect mate , but did you read anything i said ? Happy to move him on for the right halves . But im not happy to move him on for eg. Hawkins Schuster … Yuck

yeah I read it. I agree with you. Just not the part about his defence. 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@the-last-ronin Maybe im over exaggerating it , but I don’t forget Madden , or AD , or even watching Wakeham out there . If Brooks misses tackles he closes down the next player or the space . 
I get he’s 10th in the league at missed tackles , but there’s plenty of players who won’t even attempt some of the tackles he does , so I don’t put much stock in that stat . 
Anyways it’s all redundant . Bring on SJ and Schuster  haha

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@lestronge the amount halves we are linked to we might be playing with 13 halfbacks next season 😉

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I think sorting the 7 is the most important part of the puzzle moving forward. We are being linked to so many halves but they are all 6s or rocks and diamonds types. I would settle for one of these (even Brooks) if we could just secure a consistent, steady game managing 7. Doesn’t work if you have 2 rocks and diamonds 6s in your team with questionable defensive side.

I just hope Benji and Sheens are busy working on a proper 7 solution rather than getting caught up in trying to sign showy 6s. A strike centre also would be great to jag. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by 888

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast LOL ! At least youre consistent . Love it !

Haha thought you’d like that one. Seriously my view is that it’s best for the club and Brooks to split. I have nothing against him and think the club has really destroyed what could have been a good career. He’s a talented player that’s been ruined by too much poor coaching and management. I’d like to see him go to another club and do well.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

@lestronge he’s playing U16s this year so I doubt we see him before 2026. He looks physically a pretty solid kid but it’s pretty rare to see a kid come into first grade before 20 and succeed in the halves. This is why the Moses option was so great as we don’t really have any halves that are likely in the next 3 or 4 years

He also seems to be more of a #6 than a #7 from what I've seen/read. 

Unless the likes of Lawry or Conti take a big leap, we're going to have to recruit for a #7 - both short and long term. 

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

@the-last-ronin Maybe im over exaggerating it , but I don’t forget Madden , or AD , or even watching Wakeham out there . If Brooks misses tackles he closes down the next player or the space . 
I get he’s 10th in the league at missed tackles , but there’s plenty of players who won’t even attempt some of the tackles he does , so I don’t put much stock in that stat . 
Anyways it’s all redundant . Bring on SJ and Schuster  haha

You laugh about that combo, but your happy to keep Brooks who has failed over a very long time, that is more stupid than trying something different that just may work

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@851 lol did you just call me stupid ?  Because we got towelled up by the worst defence I’ve ever seen last year . Brooks or no brooks . My point is specifically around defence in halves who can’t tackle .Whether that’s brooks or not . Halves who can’t tackle is a big issue . 
Eg. The whole of last year . 
If that’s more stupid than your ideas , well whatever . I’m gonna disagree on that one .

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://twitter.com/nbwt__/status/1655830838402256896?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

Anyone know this kid? Managed by Tartak so looks like a Fulton recruit.

This post was modified 1 year ago by TigerTownSFS

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

https://twitter.com/nbwt__/status/1655830838402256896?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

tweet was deleted. Do you happen to remember the name?

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Was it Iverson Matai?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Was it Iverson Matai?

yes

ReplyQuote
Page 633 / 1067
Share: