Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Leave Brooks as a 6,

AD won't be playing much in 2024, Brooks is a better 6 than Schuster and you can get him for significantly less than 800k per year. 

we really need a 7

use Brooks discounted deal and talau moving to buy koula as a centre 

Go for a 7 either 

Hawkins - off contract

Hunt - unhappy?

Sezer - off contract

Townsend ?

Ethan Saunders? 

Not a fan of Shaun Johnson playing well this year as he is home in NZ 

Not a fan of Mitchell Pearce as others have said woukd spend half the season likely injured. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @lestronge

could large be a realistic proposition for 2025? If so , do we really want to lock ourselves in to anyone ?. Which is why Brooks isn’t a bad option . Sorry all you haters . A Brooks /SJ combo for 2 years would be fine IMO. 
It buys us time , because they’re an absolutely no one out there . And people talking up career reserve graders withstanding.

In saying that , a Fresh start should be the right option if we can land a halves pairing that’s half decent .

But I’ll say this once again , and scream it from the rafters , whilst brooksy might be only good for a max 4 tries , the guy saves a couple each game. 
And too many people never look at the defensive side of the ball. 
If we , for example had a combo of Schuster and Walker (just saying for arguements sake), whilst that would be dynamic and electric , it would also mean we are giving teams a 12 point head start, because of how woeful their defence is . 
Bring  on the flamboyant tigers , im really looking forward to it again , but we have to find the right halves. Both in attack and defence . And sorry Avo , that just means we can’t rule out Brooksy , no matter how he’d it is for you . I’m sure even you can see how we’ve got a million dollars for a Ferrari , but there’s none available until 2026 . Do we go without a car , because the old Beamer has lost its lustre ? 

I think the old beamer analogy is pretty spot on to be honest. Costs a fortune to upkeep, rarely runs properly and only worth a fraction of what it cost 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @lestronge

could large be a realistic proposition for 2025? If so , do we really want to lock ourselves in to anyone ?. Which is why Brooks isn’t a bad option . Sorry all you haters . A Brooks /SJ combo for 2 years would be fine IMO. 
It buys us time , because they’re an absolutely no one out there . And people talking up career reserve graders withstanding.

In saying that , a Fresh start should be the right option if we can land a halves pairing that’s half decent .

But I’ll say this once again , and scream it from the rafters , whilst brooksy might be only good for a max 4 tries , the guy saves a couple each game. 
And too many people never look at the defensive side of the ball. 
If we , for example had a combo of Schuster and Walker (just saying for arguements sake), whilst that would be dynamic and electric , it would also mean we are giving teams a 12 point head start, because of how woeful their defence is . 
Bring  on the flamboyant tigers , im really looking forward to it again , but we have to find the right halves. Both in attack and defence . And sorry Avo , that just means we can’t rule out Brooksy , no matter how he’d it is for you . I’m sure even you can see how we’ve got a million dollars for a Ferrari , but there’s none available until 2026 . Do we go without a car , because the old Beamer has lost its lustre ? 

I think the old beamer analogy is pretty spot on to be honest. Costs a fortune to upkeep, rarely runs properly and only worth a fraction of what it cost 😉 

Has proven a money pit over the years but every now and then you catch a glimpse of its beauty and you keep reinvesting in it.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851, lestronge and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

who would people prefer as a 6

Schuster on 800k 

Brooks on 600k or 500k

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Schuster on 800k 

Brooks on 600k or 500k

I'd rather Schuster at $800k than Brooks at $8k.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I would be very surprised if AD plays another game for us, his ACL op won't be done for 4 months.

AD acl

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

I would be very surprised if AD plays another game for us, his ACL op won't be done for 4 months.

AD acl

Long road back physically and mentally.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy good luck to him

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Schuster on 800k 

Brooks on 600k or 500k

very dependent on who is 7 I think

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @garry

-- attachment is not available --

Would that timeline see him out for at least half of next season? 

Good luck to him in his recovery but that is a big hill to climb to get back on the park 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Schuster on 800k 

Brooks on 600k or 500k

Are there any other choices? 

Who plays 7? I think once that is sorted we’ll look more at the 6. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Schuster on 800k 

Brooks on 600k or 500k

Not sure about Schuster, he’s scared of rainbows.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin God knows who plays 7 expecting an experienced 7

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Would that timeline see him out for at least half of next season? 

Good luck to him in his recovery but that is a big hill to climb to get back on the park 

I think it is going to be tough for him to get back before the start of 2025.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@the-last-ronin no disrespect mate , but did you read anything i said ? Happy to move him on for the right halves . But im not happy to move him on for eg. Hawkins Schuster … Yuck

ReplyQuote
Page 632 / 1067
Share: