Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tiger5150 I still think townsend is worth exploring, playednwell today. Townsend and brooks would work ok

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Laurie has got something. He could transition to halves 

https://twitter.com/nswcup/status/1654976837301444609?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

My god....go back and watch that video again and look for Lauries positioning and effort in defence. That is disgraceful. You have to be able to play on both sides of the ball.

he is a long way away from first grade but you can see he has a skill set that is top shelf when he is on the ball. If he had spent the last 3 years learning 5/8 rather than fullback he would be at a better position in his career I would suggest. He’s still young enough to make the transition, whether he can do it in the NRL I’m not sure given the defensive concerns. He always was courageous in defence, he just needs a bigger frame. Maybe a few years in super league are his next step. Otherwise I think the next 18month in KOE at 5/8 and he would be a good backup option. 

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

We are not far off as a team. A tough game next week against south’s and then over the following 7 weeks we have 2 buys and only 1 game against a top 8 team. We really have a chance to come out of origin have climbed well away from the spoon and if we are competing to stay in touch with the 8 it gives a great platform for recruitment and momentum towards 2024. We looked a little better in the red zone today but compared to the prior month we had less time there. Toa again didn’t do much wrong at centre but Naden slots straight pack in when available and talau to KOE. Listening to Hunt after the game he did not sound keen to keep playing 9 and with Giffen on the way out he would be such a good fit for our rebuild. I would love to see Hunt/Brooks halves pairing because I really am keen to see a mature pairing to shepherd this team as we bring in the juniors and change the culture. 

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Let say we get Haas, who drops out of the prop rotation? Klemmer, Steph can’t be dropped that leave Pole, Twal and Joffa. Pole is currently playing 13 but seems likely to move into the front row when Matamua comes through so that leaves Twal or Joffa. Personally I think joffa would be the one to miss out.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Listening to Hunt after the game he did not sound keen to keep playing 9

Hunt definitely not keen on 9 full time. Sullivan played well so the Dragons may go that way. Hunt would be perfect for us and with his experience automatically becomes the halves leader which means you’d look at keeping Brooks as the 6. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tigertownsfs I like the idea of Haas - brilliant player but we need to focus on our problem areas first - the halves. No good having a powerful engine if you can’t steer

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

He always was courageous in defence, he just needs a bigger frame. Maybe a few years in super league are his next step. Otherwise I think the next 18month in KOE at 5/8 and he would be a good backup option. 

his problems in that video (and his career to date IMO) are not courage, its awareness and effort. If dropping him to KOE doesnt instill effort, he is done.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Listening to Hunt after the game he did not sound keen to keep playing 9

Hunt definitely not keen on 9 full time. Sullivan played well so the Dragons may go that way. Hunt would be perfect for us and with his experience automatically becomes the halves leader which means you’d look at keeping Brooks as the 6. 

Id love Hunt for a  couple of years. Sullivan looked good for 20mins then disappeared whilst Hunt was left to try to resurrect a win.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Let say we get Haas, who drops out of the prop rotation? Klemmer, Steph can’t be dropped that leave Pole, Twal and Joffa. Pole is currently playing 13 but seems likely to move into the front row when Matamua comes through so that leaves Twal or Joffa. Personally I think joffa would be the one to miss out.

No way we get Hass, but it would be Twal.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if we did get haas joffa would be the one to miss out you would think. Twal is playing so well

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I think Sullivan will be ok give some time, geez Ben Hunt will struggle with defence playing 9 

would take him at 7 though

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tiger5150 I think Sullivan will be ok give some time, geez Ben Hunt will struggle with defence playing 9 

would take him at 7 though

Sullivan is a great player, but on current form a down hill skier of Moses proportions. Also seems about as good a bloke as Moses. Would take him at the Tigers in a heartbeat though.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Hunt is 33. It’s silly to think he can play 80min with all or most of it at 9. It’s a dumb option from the Dragons, they should be picking with amone or Sullivan at 6 outside hunt at 7 and let the other one go. They have a few years to bring through a genuine 7 but trying to make hunt play 7 and 9 and then play two 5/8ths in amone and Sullivan is not sustainable.

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I can see us getting Brooks cheap as a 6 

Koula as a centre

Townsend as the 7 if he wants to come home to sydney

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I can see us getting Brooks cheap as a 6 

Koula as a centre

Townsend as the 7 if he wants to come home to sydney

1.  Bula

2. Staines

3. Naden

4. Koula

5. tupou

6. Brooks

7. Townsend

8. steph

9. Api

10. klemmer

11. Papi

12. Bateman

13. Matamua (really think we need another ball playing option)

14. Simpkins

15. Pole

16. Twal

17. Joffa

Strong team

ReplyQuote
Page 630 / 1067
Share: