Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Sad thing for Brooksy was that there was a 900k deal there from the Knights. Can’t see him getting near that now

Sheens did the dirty on him.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

salary cap management  is what it is all about hence why a reduced deal Brooks will still be here 2024

my mate that knows Scott Fulton chuckled when I said Scott Fulton not keen on Brooks, he didn't think that was the case just Scott looking at cap 

we will see though

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

FWIW I think the young player we’re after is Sam Walker, to partner Schuster in the halves.

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

salary cap management  is what it is all about hence why a reduced deal Brooks will still be here 2024

my mate that knows Scott Fulton chuckled when I said Scott Fulton not keen on Brooks, he didn't think that was the case just Scott looking at cap 

we will see though

I admire your conviction but I think deep down you know it’s all over red rover.

851 and The Last Ronin reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@jedi-tiger why not just sign him now on a reduced deal if that’s what they are doing?

ReplyQuote
Forever 9th
(@forever-9th)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast thats the reporters view. Fulton actually said - 

“Yes, we need to look at the halves – you don’t need to be Albert Einstein to establish that,” he said. “Luke Brooks is a good player and he has copped so much, too much crap over the years.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

FWIW I think the young player we’re after is Sam Walker, to partner Schuster in the halves.

it’s an interesting idea. Api controls all yardage anyway so he runs the back 80m and walker/schuster the red zone. Would make for fun viewing 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The million dollar question is who gets final say?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

it’s an interesting idea. Api controls all yardage anyway so he runs the back 80m and walker/schuster the red zone. Would make for fun viewing 

Those 2 would be great in our attacking red zone, but they also need to be solid enough defenders when opponents are attacking in our red zone.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by 888

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Laurie has got something. He could transition to halves 

https://twitter.com/nswcup/status/1654976837301444609?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

My god....go back and watch that video again and look for Lauries positioning and effort in defence. That is disgraceful. You have to be able to play on both sides of the ball.

851 and lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I highly highly doubt it is Sam Walker. People don't walk away from the Roosters to join the wooden spooners. Jeez I would love it but. I reckon he would suit us so we'll and would be such a shot in the arm. 

ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tiger5150

Laurie has got something. He could transition to halves 

https://twitter.com/nswcup/status/1654976837301444609?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

My god....go back and watch that video again and look for Lauries positioning and effort in defence. That is disgraceful. You have to be able to play on both sides of the ball.

I saw the defence (or lack thereof) as well. Looks like he can ball play and throw a good pass for assists in the red zone, but he needs to bring a lot more attitude and urgency in defence. Something to work with though. Would persist with him at 6 in KOE for another 6 weeks to see how he can develop.

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin more they wait the more desperate Brooks will get, probably no rush from the club if no offers are coming you sign Brooks at the end on the best contract the club can get. He knows the club he likes the club, think something will be worked out

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy Fulton is all about the dollars, if they can get Brooks for 400k or 450k  it is a steal I'd say that will be what they are waiting for, if he gets no offers he will take what the Tigers offer

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy Fulton is all about the dollars, if they can get Brooks for 400k or 450k  it is a steal I'd say that will be what they are waiting for, if he gets no offers he will take what the Tigers offer

I would jump at Brooks for $400k IF we get another half

ReplyQuote
Page 629 / 1067
Share: