Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

classic Rothfield from Sunday column

SHOOSH

Who was the player manager who met with Wests Tigers’ new recruitment boss Scott Fulton last week in regards to the future of one of the NRL’s most outstanding young players? Stay tuned. It could be the Wests Tigers’ best signing in 10 years.”

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

IMG 2027

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@helmesy i'm thinking better. Koula is good but he's not one of the best young players in the game imo.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

-- attachment is not available --

has he spoken to Benji though?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @helmesy

-- attachment is not available --

Exactly! 🎯 

has he spoken to Benji though?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Think the player Rothfield is referring to is Payne Haas

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@jedi-tiger what makes you think that?

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Sea Eagles stars fair game in Tiger hunt, says Fulton​

Danny Weidler

ByDanny Weidler

May 7, 2023 — 5.30am

New Wests Tigers recruitment chief Scott Fulton says he won’t be motivated by spite when trying to secure players from the roster he built at Manly – but a lifelong association with the club won’t stand in his way either.
Fulton, the son of club legend and league Immortal Bob Fulton, helped create a highly successful junior pathway between western Sydney and Manly, but the Sea Eagles are now moving in another direction and Fulton knew it.
“Just because of the way things were headed at Manly, I knew it was time to move on, how they were treating my family, but I’m not motivated by that or by the need to be vindictive,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they are off limits either. If there is a good player there who is going to make the Wests Tigers better, then I’ll go for them. It’s not hands off.”
And Scott says his late dad Bob would have no problem with him leaving Manly for his new club.
“I’d have had his blessing for sure, given the way things were being done at Manly,” Fulton said. “I’d know he’d be happy with the move. He has a great association with so many old Tigers, like Blocker [Steve Roach], Siro [Paul Sironen] and Benny [Ben Elias], and from the Wests side of things Tommy [Raudonikis]. I’ve also got a strong association with the west from everything we set up at Manly, and I’m delighted to be at a club which has so much potential.
“I couldn’t have been more impressed with Lee [Hagipantelis, Tigers chairman] and Justin [Pascoe, Tigers chief executive] in my negotiations and they have a very exciting vision for the way this club is going to go.
“[Tigers coach] Tim Sheens was a good friend of Dad’s and [assistant coach] Benji [Marshall] will be just great to work with.”
The key area the Tigers need to sort out is what to do with halfback Luke Brooks. He is being shopped around the NRL and overseas, and a new club is what he needs. Fulton knows that finding a settled halves combination is vital for the club’s future – and he has already made the running on luring Warriors half Shaun Johnson back to Sydney.
“Yes, we need to look at the halves – you don’t need to be Albert Einstein to establish that,” he said. “Luke Brooks is a good player and he has copped so much, too much crap over the years.
“I’ll listen to Tim and Benji on him and then give them my view on him.”
The Johnson approach says it all, however. Fulton isn’t one for making outrageous predictions.
“I think in a year or two we will have some real positives,” he said. “There is so much to be excited about at this club. We need to get the most out of the nursery and ensure the pathways are strong and bringing us the best talent.”
The pathways will fall to Warren McDonnell, who has been shifted to make way for Fulton. “I’m looking forward to working well with Warren and everyone else who has the club at heart,” Fulton said.

Sorry if it’s posted in the wrong thread.

851, hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@kenny4517 something big is brewing. I can feel it.

851 and Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@kenny4517 something big is brewing. I can feel it.

I have to agree something is brewing. I think a bigger focus on the west is good news aswell. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Laurie has got something. He could transition to halves 

https://twitter.com/nswcup/status/1654976837301444609?s=46&t=SGE2-dCIr1e1pPADKEKKdQ

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @kenny4517

The key area the Tigers need to sort out is what to do with halfback Luke Brooks. He is being shopped around the NRL and overseas, and a new club is what he needs.

Really doesn’t look like Luke is in our plans. I’m of the belief that Sheens was his biggest supporter, and Fulton has been brought in to take more of a head of football type role, rather than just recruitment.

851, Westy81 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @kenny4517

The key area the Tigers need to sort out is what to do with halfback Luke Brooks. He is being shopped around the NRL and overseas, and a new club is what he needs.

Really doesn’t look like Luke is in our plans. I’m of the belief that Sheens was his biggest supporter, and Fulton has been brought in to take more of a head of football type role, rather than just recruitment.

I think you’re right, if it wasn’t for Sheens he’d be at the Knights now.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@helmesy that’s right. Sheens probably pushed for him to be re-signed recently hence the move to appoint Fulton. It’s a good move, Sheens was always a strong coach but roster management probably wasn’t his forte

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Sad thing for Brooksy was that there was a 900k deal there from the Knights. Can’t see him getting near that now

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 628 / 1067
Share: