Wests Tigers Development Player

@the-last-ronin think he would get the 6 over Schuster tbh but we will see

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

What happens if we get Schuster, and Sheens has the dirts because the Fulton appointment, and so never picks Schuster in the 17?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@the-last-ronin think he would get the 6 over Schuster tbh but we will see

probably would over Schuster however the fact they haven’t signed him yet indicates he’s not in the plans. It would just be settling for what’s there at this point for both parties. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@mike Benji starts early. Sheens sway over the club has taken a hit rightly or wrongly

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@the-last-ronin believe there is plenty happening behind the scenes and don't think Brooks has a great deal of urgency tbh he likes the club likes Sydney reckon he will wait it out

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@the-last-ronin believe there is plenty happening behind the scenes and don't think Brooks has a great deal of urgency tbh he likes the club likes Sydney reckon he will wait it out

What happens if he waits it out and there is no offer?

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

What happens if he waits it out and there is no offer?

he has no job. The only reason he’s waiting it out is because no other Sydney club has made an offer and he doesn’t want to leave Sydney. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@crowsnest because Large is 16 turning 17 , and it gives him another year to develop so in 2025 we can start the year with him . 
That’s what I think is it he real plan

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@the-last-ronin ?? You reckon Manly wouldn’t take brooks in a heart beat ? Or The dogs , or St George Illawarra. 
You reckon Canberra wouldn’t as well . 
Look I get that we as tigers fans have the opposite of rose coloured glasses wih brooks . But straight up , if any team in the nrl can get Luke brooks for 450-600k , they would be laughing and stoked about it . 

And all those teams are ones offering Jim a starting gig . 
Every single team in the nrl would offer him a job as a backup at least . That’s still 200-300k , for an experienced half . 
The fact is , as we saw last week . The guy can win you football games . It’s just become few and far between unfortunately . 
People chucking out “no one would pay brooks 200k “ type Hyperbole , either are trying to will a falsehood into existence , or completely out of touch. 
Just for reference in a completely different sport , the NFL.

Theres career backup quarterbacks Like Colt McCoy , Andy Dalton , Ryan Fitzpatrick , who haven’t earned a cent below 5 million dollars in 10 years . And barely get on the field most seasons . 
Just for reference , the average starting running back salary is 5 million dollars . Pounding it up the middle for 20-30 Carrie’s a game , to have to your body completely ruined by the time you’re 28-30. 
My point is , some positions in sport are worth way more than others, Whether it’s fair or not . 
In the nrl halfback is that position. And 500k-750k will only buy you a Fogarty type player . 
The rumour on the street about Hastings is he got 900k to go to the knights . And despite the revisionist history that tigers fans go on about with him , how many games has he influenced so much you could say “without Hastings we don’t win today” . They’re few and far between if we are honest . He’s a solid , organising half . And that’s about it . Bang 900k!! 

We need to shift our ways of viewing things is my point . God the other day I was reading someone say we should love Tupou into centre because that’s where your strike is …. Ah no . Maybe in 1999. But definitely not in 2023 ! Anyways im ranting , I just wanted to comment on that . 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The Wests Tigers have continued their search for a half and Warriors star Shaun Johnson has emerged as a target.

That is according to News Corp, who revealed on Thursday that the club is considering making a play for the 32-year-old.

Johnson returned last season to the club he made his debut for on a two-year deal. There was doubt over not only his future at the Warriors, but also his future in the game after a poor 2022.

But Johnson has resuscitated his career and is a major reason in the Warriors’ impressive start to the season.

He is yet to sign a new deal for 2024, however News Corp reports “discussions” have occurred between the Tigers over a one-year deal.

The Warriors are also reportedly considering offering him an extension.

News Corp journalist Brent Read told Triple M that Johnson “fits the bill” of what the Tigers are looking for after missing out on Mitchell Moses’ signature.

But highlighted that the interest was sparked before Scott Fulton signed on as head of recruitment.

“It’s pretty well-documented the Tigers are on the lookout for an organising half, a halfback that can lead them around the park and dominate field position,” he said.

“I’ve got to stress this happened before Scott Fulton arrived at the club so I’m not sure what Scott’s plans are in regards to Shaun Johnson — the contact happened before Scott Fulton arrived to the club.

“Scott may have other ideas, he may have other targets — I know he’s a fan of Ben Hunt — so this may change.

“But there was an approach to Shaun Johnson, there’s interest there from the Tigers so the Warriors have a bit of a fight on their hands — which I don’t think they would’ve expected.”

The Tigers’ interest in Johnson could spell trouble for Luke Brooks, who is without a contract for 2024.

Brooks has his best game of the season last week to steer the Tigers to an upset over the Panthers but now needs to produce that form consistently.

Adam Doueihi re-signed with the club on a one-year deal but is expected to miss half of next season after suffering his third ACL injury.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-shaun-johnson-contract-future-wests-tigers-warriors-halves-luke-brooks-transfer-news/news-story/75120dc02eeb3968ea012aef77992ea3

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@lestronge I respect your opinion but he’s been free to sign elsewhere since November and there’s been no interest. If he can string together a number of consistent performances at the level he played on Saturday, he’ll undoubtedly pick up a new contract somewhere, but on his form the year prior I think he’ll struggle to get an NRL contract. Just my opinion.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@lestronge fair points but I’ve never said any of that. My points have been: 

- Brooks hasn’t been offered a contract by the club so obviously isn’t in the plans 

- the club is actively seeking replacement once again isn’t in the plans 

- no other club has offered him a contract at this stage 

- why would he want to stay here as a back up 

- if Luke waits and waits for a Sydney contract he might miss out all together 

I’ve supported Luke over the years and think he’s a decent footballer who can play a role just not a leader. Agree half backs are worth more. I believe the club and him need to change direction in the best interests of both parties. Will he find another club - probably 

851 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Trouble brewing?

Why Fulton appointment could force Sheens out of Tigers. There is growing talk that Tim Sheens might not even last this season at Wests Tigers if the forced partnership with Scott Fulton doesn’t work out, writes Paul Crawley. 

Behind a paywall, but I think we can surmise there is potentially discontent in the ranks. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 I guess he has no job then, he has a young family and close to parents in Sydney dont think u.k. is an option for him. 

Not speaking to him directly but through a family member yesterday he is very keen to  stay at the club and they are confident something will be sorted. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy

20230505 094050

ReplyQuote
Page 624 / 1067
Share: