Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@garry this is the best news I’ve heard all day.

ReplyQuote
(@tigerbennyb)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Nope. It’s time to move on, it has to happen. You can’t say poor brooksy, yes the front office , coaching and scrum base partners hasn’t helped, agreed. But is also a grown ass man being paid alot of money for a long time now. He’s not $$$ million dollar player. Good players we had all left, and we chose him. You can’t keep him around for another few years on the cheap so he acheives something. Generational wealth, security for life, lovely partner and child- more than most people will ever see. 

there is better out there, our image is “be a loser for a lot of money”. It’s us in our jobs change to a lesser company for more $$$, and be miserable for a mortgage payment.

I don’t see a lot of koe cup - but people mention taffe, Hawkins, Connor Tracey, kyal iro, trindall, q cup players. 

we can’t splash out and get a big fish , not st the moment. That will take years of consistency to do, build confidence in the player/player manager market. What nrl side does toa, kepoa, Shawn bloke, joffa, wakeham, brooks walk into ? None. 

sheens and co let go Hastings madden (depth) to sign wakeham? Last player burgers McDonnell identify, sign ?  

we are poorly coaching bad cattle. You can’t tell me these coaches go to training likecefst they see, and feel confident of a win ? No way. 

we have talked about it - accountability, responsibility, culture - we don’t know what it is. 

all we do is pay pension funds. 

it hurts alot, but I don’t see a way out without change. We can’t keep getting spoons and rebuilding each year. 

sigining benji to coach (head) in two years was an afl play…. Except we shat on our favourite sons, afl don’t. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @declan

@avocadoontoast Nobody besides the tigers would even consider giving him a contract which sums us up sadly.

I'm fairly confident that we aren't offering him a contract.

Man, I hope you are correct and the club has finally realised that the future is elsewhere. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @declan

@avocadoontoast Nobody besides the tigers would even consider giving him a contract which sums us up sadly.

I'm fairly confident that we aren't offering him a contract.

Man, I hope you are correct and the club has finally realised that the future is elsewhere. 

I hope so too but I really hope they have something up their sleeve. Need to find someone better but the cupboard is pretty bare. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

And I think he will be cheap relative to his output in his next contract if the right 7 is found.

What do you think his current output is worth, in $ terms?

650k?

What is Dylan Brown on? $1m? I don’t think Brown contributes 50% more on the field. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

650k?

What is Dylan Brown on? $1m? I don’t think Brown contributes 50% more on the field. 

if I had the option to buy Brooks for $100k or Brown for $2m I’d buy Brown.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Souths have beaten all offers for Jack Wighton and it's to be announced that Jack has accepted a 4 year deal. He has told the Raiders he won't be in the national capital in 2024.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@851 well to start with he is not solely to blame for wests tigers woes, if he can play as a 6 and with a short deal on not too much coin and with the long service exemption discount (presuming we lose nofo) I think  he is a good pickup. If you get him for 650k or 600k (less180k) it is a good deal for two years as a 6 only. If we are talking a 7 then no happy to pass If we can't get a 7.

Also because I kind of have the feeling it is almost a done deal anyway that he re-signs. Gun to my head I'd say next year we have a pairing of 7. Sezer and 6 Brooks for 2024 and 2025. AOnly other gettable target would be 7. hawkins 6 Brooks (believe we are still making enquiries about hawkins issue is we are keen this year?, pom might know more)

Or if it makes you feel better we can live in a fantasy that sharks are going to release trindall or Connor Tracey 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast you would be relieved Avo considering you said you would no longer support the club if they re-signed Brooks 🙂

The club needs every supporter they can get 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast you would be relieved Avo considering you said you would no longer support the club if they re-signed Brooks 🙂

The club needs every supporter they can get 

If they re-sign Brooks there won’t be a club left to support.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast after we lost tedesco any other player we sign or re-sign so be it, that was a franchise changing loss. 

Whether we re-sign Brooks or not I will still support the club and buy my membership have done since inception. 

As bad as we are going could always be worse we could be a North Sydney bears supporter or newton and have nothing to support.  

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

As bad as we are going could always be worse we could be a North Sydney bears supporter or newton and have nothing to support.  

There seems to be an increasing number of supporters who want that option.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@jedi-tiger I don’t necessarily want to keep repeating myself but re-signing Brooks would lead us into Bears/Jets territory. 

As for membership I’m currently a member but won’t be renewing.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Wighton going to Souths is a great example of the NRL salary cap/CBA not working remotely how it's supposed to. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@garry I don’t know anyone who wants the club to fold but I know a few who wouldn’t care if it was. After so many bad years and so many losses in a row I get it.

ReplyQuote
Page 596 / 940
Share: