Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mickb

@avocadoontoast Dont think souths would let Taffe and Hawkins both walk. We'd have to offer at least Daine Laurie and / or someone else in exchange.

They can have Laurie without question, and Nofa if they're feeling really stupid lol

Actually souths are desperate for a winger. Maybe Laurie and Nofo for Hawkins and Taafe would work. 

hsvjones and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@doug-heffernan ah fair enough. What is the depth chart at Souths then?

Walker and Illias first grade but if one of them goes down you are saying Hawkins is ahead of Taffe as next man up if one of them is injured? I thought Taffe was preferred to Hawkins. He has played some NRL off the bench this year.

my point is that Souths would probably consider letting one of the two go because they are short in other areas - outside backs and props especially.

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Didn't work with Brooks and Moses.

I don't really agree with that. I thought they were both pretty good together. Brooks was ruined by Madge and Sheens has finished the job - wasn't to do with them coming up together.

What's your suggestion?

I agree with that ….. I recall that when they played together they just didn’t click when Moses was with us.

Thats major reason why I wasn’t all that thrilled to see them play again together at ridiculous $% of our cap.

This post was modified 1 year ago by MOMO-AMP-MEDO

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mickb

@doug-heffernan ah fair enough. What is the depth chart at Souths then?

Walker and Illias first grade but if one of them goes down you are saying Hawkins is ahead of Taffe as next man up if one of them is injured? I thought Taffe was preferred to Hawkins. He has played some NRL off the bench this year.

my point is that Souths would probably consider letting one of the two go because they are short in other areas - outside backs and props especially.

Hawkins for Ilias definitely. I thunk if Cody gets injured it would be Taafe

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tiger5150 think minimum would be 650k for a half for a one year deal. 

Looks like flannagan will potentially be getting punted for the young 7 this week they got from Brisbane 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@doug-heffernan Taafe can cover a few positions for them 7 and 1 doubt they let him go.

Hawkins I think will look to SL next year if an nrl side doesn't come knocking (off contract end of 2023) his manager Smith is also trying to sell him and his other client Iro to SL for some game time 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Looks like flannagan will potentially be getting punted for the young 7 this week they got from Brisbane 

Why would you pay $650k when he has zero offers elsewhere? Anyone can sign him now for next year but seemingly noone wants him.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Minimum is $120K, after that its a market and the market is always right.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 we will see I guess, if he is signed unfortunately we will never know the figure.

As they get a discount on the cap of 180k (admittedly they get this discount whether they sign brooks or not as long as they have nofo signed that is another story) I would say he gets re-signed even if it is 500k (300k on cap) versus you sign a rookie for probably not much more anyway

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

NBWT saying Josh Schuster and Talatau Amone are on our radar. Both under contract until the end of next season with Manly and Dragons respectively.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy we were close to getting Schuster last time apparently Manly had to guarantee hom the 6 jersey when foran left. Maybe we have another callback but scared he is injury prone

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tiger5150 we will see I guess, if he is signed unfortunately we will never know the figure.

As they get a discount on the cap of 180k (admittedly they get this discount whether they sign brooks or not as long as they have nofo signed that is another story) I would say he gets re-signed even if it is 500k (300k on cap) versus you sign a rookie for probably not much more anyway

Yes but to 5150's point why even offer $500k if there are no competing offers?  I'd offer him $150k and give him a run at centre in KOE cup.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

NBWT saying Josh Schuster and Talatau Amone are on our radar. Both under contract until the end of next season with Manly and Dragons respectively.

Benji has big wraps on Schuster but he's a long way off being fit. Even this summer just gone he was 'training the house down' but was still very heavy.

We'd be crazy to take Amone. He is looking at prison time.

https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/1606202150224162816?s=20

https://twitter.com/imaroostar/status/1600711925641359361?s=46&t=9CjDruh67byOodsWYg3oYA

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast that is just ridiculous though 150k, I don't know what offers may or may not be out there. I get you are not a fan but doubt the nrl would register 150k given previous contract 1 million.

The club likely signed AD for 600k or so,  so would think 500k for brooks is probably reasonable 

Think as the season gets to an end a  club or two will sign him and we have a 180k head start in long service exemption 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast that is just ridiculous though 150k, I don't know what offers may or may not be out there. I get you are not a fan but doubt the nrl would register 150k given previous contract 1 million.

Think as the season gets to an end a  club or two will sign him and we have a 180k head start in long service exemption 

Ash Taylor went from a million dollar contract to a train and trial. Nothing against the rules in doing that. And I think if the NRL look into it they'll say $150k is pretty close to his actual value based on form.

ReplyQuote
Page 581 / 1067
Share: