Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigertownsfs I think Williams is contracted until end of 2024 so we wouldn't get him until 2025

I think we should go after Dylan Edwards at fullback. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @crowsnest

If we want a good 6 is Luai the answer? I've got reservations on that guy. The guy averages 36 SC points a game and the games he does rate well in it's because Cleary is running wild and dominating play.

He's played in a lot of games when he's done sfa.

If he hasn't got a ½ that's dominant then he's less effective...imo.

On the other hand, if you look at Mat Burton or Dillon Brown they have more to their game. Burton would bring a lot to our team with his versatility. Both those boys regularly score average 40+ SC points.

Solution, find another Burton, maybe Jack Wighton to partner his old mate Williams. That I'd like to see... Pending on Brooks and AD leaving.

I may be on my own but I would actually stick with brooks but limited to a role as a 6 only and on limited money (like 650k) and go all in on 7 and 1. Edwards, Brooks, williams, Api, Matamua I think would be a very effective spine in my opinion. We are still several years away from the gun kids to come through and you get to manage them in one by one rather than as a group like we did with the Big4. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I would love to be able to cheer on Brooks in a winning side and I think he is a better than average 6 outside a quality 7.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs could we look at 2025

7. Sezer

6. Brooks

1. Edwards

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tigertownsfs he needs a 7 that is the key, if we can't get a good 7 then you would think move him on. Not many out there but I think if we had a controlling 7 he could just bob up at 6 and run and be as damaging as luai is for Penrith.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I may be on my own but I would actually stick with brooks but limited to a role as a 6 only

I’m with you if we can get a 7 otherwise they will be tempted to keep him there 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@tigertownsfs could we look at 2025

7. Sezer

6. Brooks

1. Edwards

i guess I don’t really know what sezer is like these days. How is he going in the UK? Maybe if he could come in 24 that would be a better option than williams in 25 but I assume williams has more years in him than sezer. I think the modern game is showing that classic controlling 7s are not being produced in significant enough volumes and this is extending the careers of guys like Hunt, Reynolds, Cherry-evans. One issue is that it is very very hard for a guy in his early 20s to survive the pressure that is placed on the 7 to be the on field coach and run the team. Cleary is probably the exception but he literally had a first grade coach at home coaching him from a young age. Super league is a good place for these kids who don’t survive their first job at 7 to go and actually learn their craft with good coaches and a standard of football between reserve grade and the nrl. They can experience what it is like to have some success and can return with more confidence.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigertownsfs In Sezer's last year with Canberra there was a game at Penrith, he took an intercept and was run down before halfway. The commentator were laughing at how slow he was. That is my recollection anyway

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

@tigertownsfs In Sezer's last year with Canberra there was a game at Penrith, he took an intercept and was run down before halfway. The commentator were laughing at how slow he was. That is my recollection anyway

Ha, sounds like my touch football career. Considering half our tries this year have come from intercepts, he may not be a good fit for us.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We are still several years away from the gun kids to come through

What gun kids (½/⅝) are we talking about?

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @crowsnest

We are still several years away from the gun kids to come through

What gun kids (½/⅝) are we talking about?

Conti? Lawry? I’m not the expert but sheens has said the long term spine is in the club already in the juniors. Maybe BS.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/dragons/nrl-2023-anthony-griffin-future-st-george-illawarra-dragons-ben-hunt-future-candidates-news-updates/news-story/504525b6aa908d8d0693f026338b5b9c

would take hunt every day of the week. Would pay him $1m for a couple of years for sure. The dragons have a much worse squad than ours and would be perpetual spooners if not for hunt. Brooks/hunt/api 6/7/9 would be fantastic. 

presumably he would just go to the broncs, play 9 and win a couple of comps.

This post was modified 1 year ago by TigerTownSFS

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Conti? Lawry? I’m not the expert but sheens has said the long term spine is in the club already in the juniors. Maybe BS.

Conti captained Matts last year and I think this year too. I'm very negative atm because these boys aren't battle harden men and they are playing against like manner of opposition. Champion boys don't always make champion men.

We need quality ½ and ⅝ combo in place when they are chomping at the bit to play NRL. This way they get 2-5 games in their first year following the example of the older more experienced boys....a bit like how Justin Matamua cut his teeth.

We need to recruit right now a top halves pairing for the next 2 years or more. I keep saying Williams and Jack Wighton is the right combo that would be awesome, just an example.

We hung our hat on the combo of Brooks and AD ...there were glimpes of that finally working against the slimies but now AD is busted.

I know AD has a partial tear but too many tears is not good. I fear the worse. Hope your not reading this AD...if you are, all the best and prove the doubters wrong.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

would take hunt every day of the week.

Absolutely, just played for Australia 😉 Sign him for 2 years with a assistant coaching gig.

He would be a perfect role model for young halves coming through, and be an assistant halves coach when he retires to help Benji.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

would take hunt every day of the week. Would pay him $1m for a couple of years for sure. The dragons have a much worse squad than ours and would be perpetual spooners if not for hunt. Brooks/hunt/api 6/7/9 would be fantastic. 

Hunt is exactly what we need. Get it done

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 561 / 1067
Share: