Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

believe he’s on a train and trail or reserve grade contract. Either way he’s not top 30 from what I understand

Yeh train and trail. Things are starting to look even gloomier.

Can you still play mate, I'll play centre if I can just find where I put my bloody dentures 🤣

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @crowsnest

believe he’s on a train and trail or reserve grade contract. Either way he’s not top 30 from what I understand

Yeh train and trail. Things are starting to look even gloomier.

Can you still play mate, I'll play centre if I can just find where I put my bloody dentures 🤣

I was a dummy half but think we might be okay there 😉

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I was a dummy half but think we might be okay there 😉

Nah, you set me up brother, get the decorub out and smear vaso on the eyebrows and ears and we'll go alright 👍

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Put Reynolds into this team and we are flying. Not sure who fits that bill in 2023. Pearce or Sezer in super league maybe. Shaun Johnson would have been nice. That Hastings bloke also could play a role.

E033DC5D 5004 4E41 BC4F 94832F6B267F

Context is king. We are only leading in those areas because we can’t score. So we sit for extended periods in the red zone unable to capitalise. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @mike

Put Reynolds into this team and we are flying. Not sure who fits that bill in 2023. Pearce or Sezer in super league maybe. Shaun Johnson would have been nice. That Hastings bloke also could play a role.

Context is king. We are only leading in those areas because we can’t score. So we sit for extended periods in the red zone unable to capitalise. 

ok.  But it’s not like we scored a lot more points last year. We barely ever got an attacking kick last year and whilst this year our kick options are terrible we have better position more regularly. I think the stat just tells us what we already know, our forwards are significantly improved. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @mike

100% look at todays game. We would have had 20+ tackles inside the 20m zone without a try. Parra 2 tackles and a try. 

A better stat would be average tackles inside the 20 per try scored inside the 20. 

851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Brooks needs to be the 6 for the year. 

We need a 7 and wakeham is not the answer neither is will Smith.

Sheens Get on the phone to SL and get Sezer for this year, he can play 7 Brooks at 6 we have a spot open with Ken M moving. 

we can all want Williams or Dodd but they will not be released by SL clubs for 2023 let alone 2024. 

Extend Brooks for 1 year so 2024 play him as a 6

2025 benji takes over and no Brooks and no AD on the books and Williams off contract. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Wakeham and Brooks don't work together. Sheens needs to be after ANY halfback that can direct a team around the park. Pearce, Sezer, Trindall, it doesn't matter, but we're not winning any games until we get a halfback with organisational skills and a kicking game.

I'd be offering Warrington $1m to let williams walk now, and offering Williams $1m a year. We're that desperate.

851, TigerTownSFS, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast sezer our only shot I reckon we can get him early, off contract 2024 anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

With Doueihi out for what looks like the season am I right in saying our halves options are Brooks, Wakeham and Laurie? Do we have anyone else who has played senior footy in the halves? 

Benji

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

With Doueihi out for what looks like the season am I right in saying our halves options are Brooks, Wakeham and Laurie? Do we have anyone else who has played senior footy in the halves? 

Benji

It would be the most Wests Tigers thing ever!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

CanberraTiger, 851 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast sezer our only shot I reckon we can get him early, off contract 2024 anyway.

Then that's what needs to happen. 

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

I’d be scouting the Queensland Cup/ Queenslander/ NSWelshman who came up in Queensland . 
It’s well known in junior circles that Queensland develop superior halves . Due to things like mod rules to international rules . Being able to run early from first receiver etc. 

The best halves  in our comp have been Queenslanders for 15-20 years . Or they develop much faster and more completely playing Q cup. 
Fogarty was languishing down here before he went up there and spent a couple of seasons with Burleigh Bears.

Madden will play 2-3 seasons up there and you watch him emerge in 2025 for some team and be on the “ones the tigers let get away” lists . ( His defence was garbage btw . I don’t know what people were watching. And the players outside him just didn’t trust him. He will come hood though) . 
Or maybe there’s not. But Hynes languished in the NSW cup , then spent a few years up there and he’s elite now. 
Pezet looks to be the next big thing , but good luck getting him . 
I will say this, in opposite to what I’m saying , it is concerning that the new Brisbane team chose an 18 year  old as their half , and Brisbane chose madden as first drop . Both playing in Sydney the last few years 

MickeyB, Mac_Tiger and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @lestronge

Pezet looks to be the next big thing , but good luck getting him

Maybe we can do another loan deal - a la Harry

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lestronge

I’d be scouting the Queensland Cup/ Queenslander/ NSWelshman who came up in Queensland . 
It’s well known in junior circles that Queensland develop superior halves . Due to things like mod rules to international rules . Being able to run early from first receiver etc. 

The best halves  in our comp have been Queenslanders for 15-20 years . Or they develop much faster and more completely playing Q cup. 
Fogarty was languishing down here before he went up there and spent a couple of seasons with Burleigh Bears.

Madden will play 2-3 seasons up there and you watch him emerge in 2025 for some team and be on the “ones the tigers let get away” lists . ( His defence was garbage btw . I don’t know what people were watching. And the players outside him just didn’t trust him. He will come hood though) . 
Or maybe there’s not. But Hynes languished in the NSW cup , then spent a few years up there and he’s elite now. 
Pezet looks to be the next big thing , but good luck getting him . 
I will say this, in opposite to what I’m saying , it is concerning that the new Brisbane team chose an 18 year  old as their half , and Brisbane chose madden as first drop . Both playing in Sydney the last few years 

Agree re Madden. He's a quality player and will slide straight in once Reynolds retires.

I agree that Qld Cup is a good option. Tristan Sailor has plenty of promise and won't play NRL for the Broncos this year

ReplyQuote
Page 559 / 1067
Share: