Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

So, anyone think if Staines put on 5kg of upper body mass he could play an Edwards role at 1? 6 and 7 are the key first signings for 24 and beyond and I know it was only one game but i really liked his support play, speed, effort and direct running. If he could develop a little ball play also I think he could be our best 1 since Teddy left.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by TigerTownSFS

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

We need a goal kicker. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

So, anyone think if Staines put on 5kg of upper body mass he could play and Edwards role at 1? 6 and 7 are the key first signings for 24 and beyond and I know it was only one game but i really liked his support play, speed, effort and direct running. If he could develop a little ball play also I think he could be our best 1 since Teddy left.

After today I’d be willing to give him a run of games there. He has a lot of improvement to do especially with ball playing but could get his game to a serviceable level. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

So, anyone think if Staines put on 5kg of upper body mass he could play an Edwards role at 1? 6 and 7 are the key first signings for 24 and beyond and I know it was only one game but i really liked his support play, speed, effort and direct running. If he could develop a little ball play also I think he could be our best 1 since Teddy left.

I tend to agree, we desperately need a 7 and a goal kicker though

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Staines is definitely a slow burn like Edwards was. I actually think his starting point is ahead of Edwards. We need to stick with him and grow his game slowly. His effort if there.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@851 Brooks will be kicking you would assume

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

What backup halves are available?

presumably we could only get some at this point if we offered them a few years.

toby sexton (titans), Jake Arthur (eels), Dean Hawkins (rabbits), Sandon smith (rooster), Jayden Sullivan (dragons), Ronald volkman (warriors).

given we don’t have a clear 7 coming through the juniors I’m not too worried about blocking anyone. That said I would also prefer an experienced half given brooks can only play his game and not be asked to run the team. Very hard to see a mid season move from the super league also given their comp is happening and the names you would want are in teams competing for their title. I thought we maybe had a chance for Pearce in a swap for brooks mid season but now douhie is gone it seems like brooks is here for a while.

jayden Sullivan and volkman are probably the two with the biggest upside but maybe sexton is more realistic given how mauve talent is infront of him at the titans.

a reynolds or townsand type hire is what this team really needs.

This post was modified 1 year ago by TigerTownSFS

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Put Reynolds into this team and we are flying. Not sure who fits that bill in 2023. Pearce or Sezer in super league maybe. Shaun Johnson would have been nice. That Hastings bloke also could play a role.

E033DC5D 5004 4E41 BC4F 94832F6B267F

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

With Doueihi out for what looks like the season am I right in saying our halves options are Brooks, Wakeham and Laurie? Do we have anyone else who has played senior footy in the halves? 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Do we have anyone else who has played senior footy in the halves? 

Smith

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

jayden Sullivan and volkman are probably the two with the biggest upside but maybe sexton is more realistic given how mauve talent is infront of him at the titans.

I like Volkman - I remember him having a have against us

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @crowsnest

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Do we have anyone else who has played senior footy in the halves? 

Smith

Smith is only available after round 10 I believe 

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the-last-ronin Is he a development player mate. I thought he got a contract..doh!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@crowsnest I believe he’s on a train and trail or reserve grade contract. Either way he’s not top 30 from what I understand

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I reckon sezer might be a chance to partner brooks for this year

ReplyQuote
Page 558 / 1067
Share: