Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

Posted by: @kenny4517

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Hawkins is miles better than wakeham if we can get a release from souths great, otherwise Tyrone Smith is shopping him and kayal iro to Super League. We should be after both those players iro can play centre. 

I believe Connor Tracey would be better than Iro. Tracey can play in the half’s, centre and Fullback. 

I think we've recruited too many players, who can play halves, centre or fullback - but not excel in any - Mybe, AD, Laurie, Etc

Need a x-factor first grader 1 and a quality organising first grader 7 - and this team is transformed 

I completely agree. It is a crap team when the "best" players can't even lock down a position.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@888)
Wests Tigers Supporter

How do all you think we’d be going now if we’d  signed Adam Reynolds to a 3 year deal 2 years ago and he was currently in his second year for us with the current forward pack. I think we’d look a completely different team with a quality controlling half that brings his calmness and professionalism.

This post was modified 1 year ago by 888

851, Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @888

How do all you think we’d be going now if we’d  signed Adam Reynolds to a 3 year dear 2 years ago and he was currently in his second year for us with the current forward pack. I think we’d look a completely different team with a quality controlling half that brings his calmness and professionalism.

We’d been in the 8 for sure.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@conbat07)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Reynolds made the right decision, Bronx are flying.

Is anyone hearing Daine Lauire to Parra and Jake Arthur to WT?

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Is anyone hearing Daine Lauire to Parra and Jake Arthur to WT?

I don't think any club atm would want Laurie for anything other than to back up for injuries and at min wage.

His best bet is if he's playing against Parra next game is to run himself to a point of collapsing. He needs to stand behind the ruck in attack and follow every play waiting for a line break. He also needs to prove he's the better option over others in all facets like cover defending and safe under the high ball.

He won't get a contract anywhere if he has a mediocre game against the slimies.

His manager has put him out there for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Meanwhile, Joe Ofahengaue and Alex Seyfarth sent a message to Tim Sheens while playing for the Magpies with both forwards making over 200 running metres and over 30 tackles. Ofahengaue made the most metres of any player on the field — 240 — in his 65-minute performance. That came after sitting on the bench as 18th man the night before in the NRL side’s loss to the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium. He made the dash to Sydney the next morning to play for the Magpies at Lidcombe Oval.

Top 8 2023

GreatOdensRaven, 851, Crowsnest and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Meanwhile, Joe Ofahengaue and Alex Seyfarth sent a message to Tim Sheens while playing for the Magpies with both forwards making over 200 running metres and over 30 tackles. Ofahengaue made the most metres of any player on the field — 240 — in his 65-minute performance. That came after sitting on the bench as 18th man the night before in the NRL side’s loss to the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium. He made the dash to Sydney the next morning to play for the Magpies at Lidcombe Oval.

That is the way you do it

GreatOdensRaven, Joel Helmes, jirskyr and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I just assumed Joffa was still injured and that's why he missed the ponies game. We could have used some of those solid stats in that game.

What bench will he run with on Monday?

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

That is the way you do it

This is the way it should be done!! Joffa was underperforming and possibly feeling safe after his form last year, but the drop has obviously put a rocket up him. This is what needs to happen to either AD or Brooks. Preferably both but we lack depth and replacements. Kudos to seyfarth for also not dropping his head. He’s not my favourite player but if players like Ad and laurie had his attitude we would be in a different position 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

So Api has a Mutual Option for 2025, what does that mean? can he choose to not take up the deal and sign elsewhere for 2025 ? 

If so we will be battling to keep him too

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I know it is from Clarkey  but also reported in SMH re Papali 

I had said 2 weeka ago when he went back to NZ they had tried to get him to bail on tigers 

thankfully he has said no 

Screenshot 20230404 191344 Chrome

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

So Api has a Mutual Option for 2025, what does that mean? can he choose to not take up the deal and sign elsewhere for 2025 ? 

Wouldnt it mean that either party could take it up, in which case Tigers just say, "yeah your staying"? The mutual option makes sense for 2025 because Api will be getting at that stage but in current form for Api and the club we will still need him.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Wouldnt it mean that either party could take it up, in which case Tigers just say, "yeah your staying"? The mutual option makes sense for 2025 because Api will be getting at that stage but in current form for Api and the club we will still need him.

You would think so but no they don't work that way, they are basically pointless as both parties need to agree to take up the option.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

You would think so but no they don't work that way, they are basically pointless as both parties need to agree to take up the option.

I wouldn’t say it’s useless it’s a good safe guard for both parties. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 that's what I don't know, or does it kean APi can say hey guys 2025 see ya later?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 552 / 1066
Share: