Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@the-last-ronin souths reserve grade halfback, played about 4 nrl games. Managed by Tyrone Smith apparently shopping him around to Super League

interesting kayal iro is a decent centre currently contracted to sharks for 23 and 24, Tyrone Smith is shopping him to Super League for 24

Thanks. I’m not sure an untested player is the way to go at this stage. I think the club are looking for experience in that area 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I think 2024 we will end up with a halves pairing

6  Brooks 

7. Dean Hawkins 

1. Bula / AD

9. Api

You can write 2024 off then. 

Dirty Reds, Avo and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I can't see us getting Hawkins. He has been offered to us in the past and we knocked it back.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I think 2024 we will end up with a halves pairing

6  Brooks 

7. Dean Hawkins 

1. Bula / AD

9. Api

Good chance that spine wouldn't win a game.

Tiger5150 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@avocadoontoast but we haven't won a game with the current spine so surely any alternative is worth considering?

As far as I'm concerned there's probably half a dozen guys playing in the halves at NSW / Q Cup level that would be worth signing right now. I would personally rather try anyone else sight unseen than have to watch Brooks again. It's too painful 🙁

For what its worth I would sign Tristan Sailor on an 18 month contract (signed only this year for the Broncos) and play him alongside Daine Laurie in the halves for the foreseeable.Do this tomorrow and at least give us reason to hope that '23 is not a write off.

This post was modified 2 years ago by MickeyB

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mickb

@avocadoontoast but we haven't won a game with the current spine so surely any alternative is worth considering?

As far as I'm concerned there's probably half a dozen guys playing in the halves at NSW / Q Cup level that would be worth signing right now. I would personally rather try anyone else sight unseen than have to watch Brooks again. It's too painful 🙁

For what its worth I would sign Tristan Sailor on an 18 month contract (signed only this year for the Broncos) and play him alongside Daine Laurie in the halves for the foreseeable.Do this tomorrow and at least give us reason to hope that '23 is not a write off.

I like the outside of the box thinking but I have a feeling a Tristan Sailor/Daine Laurie halves combo would be worse than what we have 

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

We know that Daine trained at 6 in the off-season. Presumably he didn't impress. I'd go after Blake Taafe. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

I think we are all wrong with the idea of looking for a young 7 or reserve grade one.. Sheen basically said they were after an experience half. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @hsvjones

I think we are all wrong with the idea of looking for a young 7 or reserve grade one.. Sheen basically said they were after an experience half. 

Says a lot about the veteran we already have…

851 and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Watched this weeks Sheens presser :

1. He said Jakey was on bench to replace 9 or 7

2. The media management of the recruitment process doesn't impress

3. The media always ask about how resilent Brooks is because of his treatment in the media.  But club doesn't realise by commenting on the matter, they are just feeding the narrative. Better to answer : we aren't winning, he's our 7, I'm the coach - we are going to with together to start winning 

Lastly,  did they not build a room in the new COE for press conferences? They always do them outside, with construction works in the background

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @frullens

3. The media always ask about how resilent Brooks is because of his treatment in the media.  But club doesn't realise by commenting on the matter, they are just feeding the narrative. Better to answer : we aren't winning, he's our 7, I'm the coach - we are going to with together to start winning 

Lastly,  did they not build a room in the new COE for press conferences? They always do them outside, with construction works in the background

Sheens prefers the outside. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I wouldn’t be surprised if api ends up playing time at half in the future, similar to how sheens used to run Robbie there on occasions.  I don’t recall it working overly well, but as most ppl are saying, couldn’t be worse then what we have.

Rex2ce reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @skippa13

I wouldn’t be surprised if api ends up playing time at half in the future, similar to how sheens used to run Robbie there on occasions.  I don’t recall it working overly well, but as most ppl are saying, couldn’t be worse then what we have.

That would be a typical Sheenus move. Wreck one position to try and half fix another. 

851, Westy81, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@851)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @skippa13

That would be a typical Sheenus move. Wreck one position to try and half fix another. 

Exactly, just fix the current problem, by removing Brooks

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

This one got me…

https://apple.news/AcM8FszzNSgm1GTy5lWWOlg

jirskyr, Mike and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 550 / 1067
Share: