Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if you can believe what Michael caryanis said on foxsports article, Brooks in staying for 2023 he has a verbal agreement with club for 2024. As we have seen verbal agreements don't mean much though

Another year (2024) in the wilderness 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

if you can believe what Michael caryanis said on foxsports article, Brooks in staying for 2023 he has a verbal agreement with club for 2024. As we have seen verbal agreements don't mean much though

That's fine we can sign him for 2024 on a train and trial. 

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mike

I'm not sure we're ever leaving the wilderness.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Mitchell Pearce has confirmed he received a phone call from Wests Tigers assistant coach Benji Marshall on Wednesday around making a shock NRL comeback – but knocked him back.

The phone call from Benji is an indication of a complete breakdown in communications among the Wests Tigers’ coaching staff.

In a text message to News Corp from France, Pearce said: “I don’t really have much to say. Benji called me yesterday and I told him I’m contracted to Catalans.

“We are top of the table and I want to win a comp in Super League. That’s pretty much it.”

The story broke on NRL 360 on Fox Sports on Wednesday night that the desperate Wests Tigers were chasing the former premiership winning halfback.

Pearce turns 34 next week.

Head coach Tim Sheens had told journalists the club has no interest in Pearce.

And then Benji jumps on the phone to make an offer.

As one insider suggested: “They don’t appear to be on the same page.”

It was reported last night that Pearce would be offered a staggering $1.5 million over two years to return home to the NRL.

The news is also unsettling for under siege halfback Luke Brooks, knowing Benji is looking at other options because of his poor start to the season.

** Seems both coaches are not rowing in the same direction... Benji seems all about 2025 which would explain why AD only signed on until 2024.**

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast timing might mean 2025 AD and Brooks not here and would allow a shot at Williams off contract

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast don't think that is what was meant, it would be a top 30...

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

If Pearce has knocked us back we're in big trouble. There's noone left.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast Williams 2025 when he becomes off contract and obtainable

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike in the fair dinkum department,

Newscorp haven't been able to even get Brooks salary right over the last year, let alone conversations and verbal agreements that may or may not have been said... 

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast don't think that is what was meant, it would be a top 30...

Genuine question(s) - do you think Brooks deserved to be dropped for this week? Do you think re-signing him for next year is in the clubs best interests? Keep in mind the guy has won 2 of his past 22 games and lost his past 14 straight.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast Williams 2025 when he becomes off contract and obtainable

I can promise you that me and a lot of other people aren't going to be watching this horror show for another 2 years.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mike

I'm not sure we're ever leaving the wilderness.

We won’t whilst ever a certain half is there. For his own sake and the club’s he needs to be elsewhere. I’ve been saying this for a number of years now. 

It’s getting to the stage where other questions are starting to be asked, like what does he have over current management that keeps him here. No other club would tolerate this sort of failure to deliver for so long. It begs the question. 

851 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think its becoming crystal clear that the current management team have no idea what to do about the halves situation and are now just wildly thrashing about in the dark searching for a solution to reveal itself. Any notions that there was a plan B after Mitchell Moses have been well and truly torpedoed.

The stories circulating about Benji calling Pearce with an offer, which Pearce rejected, while Sheens was telling journos we had no interest in him suggests a complete shambles behind the scenes.

The question is now, how long do we take to reach the conclusion that the Sheens/Benji coaching appointment has been an unmitigated disaster so far and how long do we wait before doing something about it and making changes.

We simply can't go on like this. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I think its becoming crystal clear that the current management team have no idea what to do about the halves situation and are now just wildly thrashing about in the dark searching for a solution to reveal itself. Any notions that there was a plan B after Mitchell Moses have been well and truly torpedoed.

The stories circulating about Benji calling Pearce with an offer, which Pearce rejected, while Sheens was telling journos we had no interest in him suggests a complete shambles behind the scenes.

The question is now, how long do we take to reach the conclusion that the Sheens/Benji coaching appointment has been an unmitigated disaster so far and how long do we wait before doing something about it and making changes.

We simply can't go on like this. 

I was very excited by Sheens appointment but it has been a complete disaster. He genuinely seems like he's lost it. 

851 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast well I support the club, if you choose to not support the team due to one player then good luck to you...

ReplyQuote
Page 547 / 1067
Share: